Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 537

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quinten Hall 5'8. What does that mean, nothing! Just throwing that out there.
    Program has come a long way in 20 in years but 5'8 guys can be capable.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    178

    Default

    San Francisco graduate transfer Charles Minlend Jr. has heard from Indiana, Illinois, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, BYU, VCU, Witchita State, WSU, ASU, Arizona, Oregon State, UCLA, Iowa State, Butler, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, UConn, Miss. State, amongst others, he told @Stockrisers.

    https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...748545539?s=19

    Would bet money he ends up at Washington State with Kyle Smith.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Consider listening to Andy Katz's video interview with UW's Mike Hopkins: https://sports.yahoo.com/uws-mike-ho...1.html?src=rss

    Toward the end of the interview Andy asks what UW's team will look like next year after Stewart's departure. Coach answers with a description of what many (but not all) of this year's key players will be expected to bring to the table. Hmmm.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Consider listening to Andy Katz's video interview with UW's Mike Hopkins: https://sports.yahoo.com/uws-mike-ho...1.html?src=rss

    Toward the end of the interview Andy asks what UW's team will look like next year after Stewart's departure. Coach answers with a description of what many (but not all) of this year's key players will be expected to bring to the table. Hmmm.
    If you’re referring to McDaniels, it’s because he’s going to take his selfish act to the NBA to be overdrafted and cash in on a single contract before taking a couple minimum deals before flaming out.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Liam Robbins is transferring from Drake. He is 7' 235 and averaged 14.1 and 7.5, and a pretty good shot blocker, from what I have seen. Wonder where he will end up. He has to set out next year, with 2 years left. My guess would be Iowa, but you never know. He had a big jump last year over his freshman year.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Liam Robbins is transferring from Drake. He is 7' 235 and averaged 14.1 and 7.5, and a pretty good shot blocker, from what I have seen. Wonder where he will end up. He has to set out next year, with 2 years left. My guess would be Iowa, but you never know. He had a big jump last year over his freshman year.
    All signs are pointing to Minnesota on this one...his uncle is Minnesota Assistant Coach Ed Conroy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    All signs are pointing to Minnesota on this one...his uncle is Minnesota Assistant Coach Ed Conroy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did not know that, so I would say you are probably right. I will say this though, if hie uncle really cared about his career why would he bring him in for a very unimpressive Patino to work with him, when he could send him to big man u, where the Zag coaches really know how work with big men. I guess that blood is thicker than what is best for your career though.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    135

    Default General Transfer List v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I did not know that, so I would say you are probably right. I will say this though, if hie uncle really cared about his career why would he bring him in for a very unimpressive Patino to work with him, when he could send him to big man u, where the Zag coaches really know how work with big men. I guess that blood is thicker than what is best for your career though.
    I don't disagree with your points...Gonzaga is definitely the superior program. With that said if transfers are immediately eligible, Minnesota can offer a starting spot right away with Daniel Oturu headed to the pros.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I did not know that, so I would say you are probably right. I will say this though, if hie uncle really cared about his career why would he bring him in for a very unimpressive Patino to work with him, when he could send him to big man u, where the Zag coaches really know how work with big men. I guess that blood is thicker than what is best for your career though.
    What if the Zags have no need for another big man? Why would we recruit to an area that we will be loaded at next year? There is a reason that almost every transfer guard we have contacted and that is ONLY a depth move (don't go thinking Suggs is not going to be a Zag again please). Even with Suggs, Ayayi, and Harris it would be better for us to bring in another guard for depth. Kispert is not a 2, Martynas is not a true 2, Strawther is not a 2, so realistically the spot we need is a guard.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    366

    Default

    I was just blowing smoke. He is going to Minnesota to play for his uncle. I have seen him play and he is a nice player. [I] have never thought Suggs was not going to be a Zag. The way I look at it everyone that comitts to the Zags is going to be here. Robbins does have to set out next year then has 2 years left, but like I said, he is headed to Minnesota.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I was just blowing smoke. He is going to Minnesota to play for his uncle. I have seen him play and he is a nice player. [I] have never thought Suggs was not going to be a Zag. The way I look at it everyone that comitts to the Zags is going to be here. Robbins does have to set out next year then has 2 years left, but like I said, he is headed to Minnesota.
    Those were not direct at you, just general. Heck the Suggs comment is more for Jazz than anyone else.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Do you think we have a shot at the guard from Stetson, and are we looking at the guard from ucsb or is he to little ?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Do you think we have a shot at the guard from Stetson, and are we looking at the guard from ucsb or is he to little ?
    I do not think either of them will be the guy.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,443

    Default

    Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    ·
    1h
    Portland State transfer Holland Woods with his finalists:

    Gonzaga, Arizona state, Oregon state, New Mexico and Portland State.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,443

    Default

    Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    ·
    55m
    Radford grad transfer Carlik Jones has committed to Louisville, per his Instagram page.

    Immediately eligible.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,443

    Default

    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    28m
    College decision this afternoon for Bucknell transfer Jimmy Sotos, he told
    @Stockrisers
    . Finalists: Minnesota, Mizzou, Xavier, Butler, Vanderbilt, Gonzaga and Ohio State.

    Is aiming to announce at noon. Sit one, play one.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,443

    Default

    Top Transfers: Immediately Eligible

    https://watchstadium.com/top-20-coll...21-03-24-2020/

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,408

    Default

    "Roar, lion, roar."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVsXseZJPg0

    12) Mike Smith, 5-11, 185, PG, Sr., Columbia
    Stats: 22.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.5 apg
    Scout’s take: “High-level scoring point, scores off every action. Will have to guard better at the next destination to be really successful.”
    Schools: Michigan, Arizona, Gonzaga, Seton Hall

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    "Roar, lion, roar."

    12) Mike Smith, 5-11, 185, PG, Sr., Columbia
    Given Caldwell's posts I suspect we are just window dressing here.

  20. #70

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Regarding Woods, just reiterating that he is a sit-out transfer for 2021, it seemed like that wasnt clear from some of the chatter on here. So he'd be Suggs' likely replacement in 2022.

    I think having at least 1 player sit out in 2021 is a great thing, managing minutes and keeping people happy is important, and then you dont have outgoing transfers, which can make you go backwards.

    By the way doesnt he look like Josh Perkins!!!! Like a stunt double.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WRHUradio View Post
    Regarding Woods, just reiterating that he is a sit-out transfer for 2021, it seemed like that wasnt clear from some of the chatter on here. So he'd be Suggs' likely replacement in 2022.

    I think having at least 1 player sit out in 2021 is a great thing, managing minutes and keeping people happy is important, and then you dont have outgoing transfers, which can make you go backwards.

    By the way doesnt he look like Josh Perkins!!!! Like a stunt double.
    I’d take Woods as a backup for 2020 (which isn’t possible). Don’t love the idea of him taking over for Suggs, however. Don’t love it at all.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,443

    Default

    Terrell Brown (Seattle U grad transfer) to Arizona

    https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...3ac70f878.html

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockandRollJames View Post
    This is an example of how quickly recruiting changes. Late last week I heard we were in a good spot with him, last night I was told we are on someone else.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I’d take Woods as a backup for 2020 (which isn’t possible). Don’t love the idea of him taking over for Suggs, however. Don’t love it at all.
    I don't mind the idea given that Suggs is likely gone after one year and we're not really recruiting a high level high school PG for the 2021 class. Would be getting a 5th year senior point guard who's been with the program for a year in 2021. The resemblance to Perkins is pretty striking, let's just hope he would be content as more of a facilitator rather than a primary option.

    I do agree that it would be a little strange to use a scholarship on a sit out point guard when we really need a back up for this year. I wonder if the staff ultimately plans for Harris to take over the PG responsibilities in due time...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •