Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quinten Hall 5'8. What does that mean, nothing! Just throwing that out there.
    Program has come a long way in 20 in years but 5'8 guys can be capable.

San Francisco graduate transfer Charles Minlend Jr. has heard from Indiana, Illinois, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, BYU, VCU, Witchita State, WSU, ASU, Arizona, Oregon State, UCLA, Iowa State, Butler, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, UConn, Miss. State, amongst others, he told @Stockrisers.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...748545539?s=19

Would bet money he ends up at Washington State with Kyle Smith.

Consider listening to Andy Katz's video interview with UW's Mike Hopkins: https://sports.yahoo.com/uws-mike-ho...1.html?src=rss

Toward the end of the interview Andy asks what UW's team will look like next year after Stewart's departure. Coach answers with a description of what many (but not all) of this year's key players will be expected to bring to the table. Hmmm.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Consider listening to Andy Katz's video interview with UW's Mike Hopkins: https://sports.yahoo.com/uws-mike-ho...1.html?src=rss

Toward the end of the interview Andy asks what UW's team will look like next year after Stewart's departure. Coach answers with a description of what many (but not all) of this year's key players will be expected to bring to the table. Hmmm.
    If you’re referring to McDaniels, it’s because he’s going to take his selfish act to the NBA to be overdrafted and cash in on a single contract before taking a couple minimum deals before flaming out.

Liam Robbins is transferring from Drake. He is 7' 235 and averaged 14.1 and 7.5, and a pretty good shot blocker, from what I have seen. Wonder where he will end up. He has to set out next year, with 2 years left. My guess would be Iowa, but you never know. He had a big jump last year over his freshman year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Liam Robbins is transferring from Drake. He is 7' 235 and averaged 14.1 and 7.5, and a pretty good shot blocker, from what I have seen. Wonder where he will end up. He has to set out next year, with 2 years left. My guess would be Iowa, but you never know. He had a big jump last year over his freshman year.
    All signs are pointing to Minnesota on this one...his uncle is Minnesota Assistant Coach Ed Conroy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    All signs are pointing to Minnesota on this one...his uncle is Minnesota Assistant Coach Ed Conroy

I did not know that, so I would say you are probably right. I will say this though, if hie uncle really cared about his career why would he bring him in for a very unimpressive Patino to work with him, when he could send him to big man u, where the Zag coaches really know how work with big men. I guess that blood is thicker than what is best for your career though.

Default General Transfer List v2.0

I did not know that, so I would say you are probably right. I will say this though, if hie uncle really cared about his career why would he bring him in for a very unimpressive Patino to work with him, when he could send him to big man u, where the Zag coaches really know how work with big men. I guess that blood is thicker than what is best for your career though.
    I don't disagree with your points...Gonzaga is definitely the superior program. With that said if transfers are immediately eligible, Minnesota can offer a starting spot right away with Daniel Oturu headed to the pros.

What if the Zags have no need for another big man? Why would we recruit to an area that we will be loaded at next year? There is a reason that almost every transfer guard we have contacted and that is ONLY a depth move (don't go thinking Suggs is not going to be a Zag again please). Even with Suggs, Ayayi, and Harris it would be better for us to bring in another guard for depth. Kispert is not a 2, Martynas is not a true 2, Strawther is not a 2, so realistically the spot we need is a guard.

I was just blowing smoke. He is going to Minnesota to play for his uncle. I have seen him play and he is a nice player. [I] have never thought Suggs was not going to be a Zag. The way I look at it everyone that comitts to the Zags is going to be here. Robbins does have to set out next year then has 2 years left, but like I said, he is headed to Minnesota.

I was just blowing smoke. He is going to Minnesota to play for his uncle. I have seen him play and he is a nice player. [I] have never thought Suggs was not going to be a Zag. The way I look at it everyone that comitts to the Zags is going to be here. Robbins does have to set out next year then has 2 years left, but like I said, he is headed to Minnesota.
    Those were not direct at you, just general. Heck the Suggs comment is more for Jazz than anyone else.

Do you think we have a shot at the guard from Stetson, and are we looking at the guard from ucsb or is he to little ?

Do you think we have a shot at the guard from Stetson, and are we looking at the guard from ucsb or is he to little ?
    I do not think either of them will be the guy.

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    ·
    1h
    Portland State transfer Holland Woods with his finalists:

Gonzaga, Arizona state, Oregon state, New Mexico and Portland State.

Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    ·
    55m
    Radford grad transfer Carlik Jones has committed to Louisville, per his Instagram page.

Immediately eligible.

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    28m
    College decision this afternoon for Bucknell transfer Jimmy Sotos, he told
    @Stockrisers
    . Finalists: Minnesota, Mizzou, Xavier, Butler, Vanderbilt, Gonzaga and Ohio State.

Is aiming to announce at noon. Sit one, play one.

Top Transfers: Immediately Eligible

https://watchstadium.com/top-20-coll...21-03-24-2020/

"Roar, lion, roar."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVsXseZJPg0

12) Mike Smith, 5-11, 185, PG, Sr., Columbia
    Stats: 22.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 4.5 apg
    Scout’s take: “High-level scoring point, scores off every action. Will have to guard better at the next destination to be really successful.”
    Schools: Michigan, Arizona, Gonzaga, Seton Hall

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    "Roar, lion, roar."

12) Mike Smith, 5-11, 185, PG, Sr., Columbia
    Given Caldwell's posts I suspect we are just window dressing here.

Regarding Woods, just reiterating that he is a sit-out transfer for 2021, it seemed like that wasnt clear from some of the chatter on here. So he'd be Suggs' likely replacement in 2022.

I think having at least 1 player sit out in 2021 is a great thing, managing minutes and keeping people happy is important, and then you dont have outgoing transfers, which can make you go backwards.

By the way doesnt he look like Josh Perkins!!!! Like a stunt double.

Quote Originally Posted by WRHUradio View Post
    Regarding Woods, just reiterating that he is a sit-out transfer for 2021, it seemed like that wasnt clear from some of the chatter on here. So he'd be Suggs' likely replacement in 2022.

I think having at least 1 player sit out in 2021 is a great thing, managing minutes and keeping people happy is important, and then you dont have outgoing transfers, which can make you go backwards.

By the way doesnt he look like Josh Perkins!!!! Like a stunt double.
    I’d take Woods as a backup for 2020 (which isn’t possible). Don’t love the idea of him taking over for Suggs, however. Don’t love it at all.

Terrell Brown (Seattle U grad transfer) to Arizona

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...3ac70f878.html

Quote Originally Posted by RockandRollJames View Post
    This is an example of how quickly recruiting changes. Late last week I heard we were in a good spot with him, last night I was told we are on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I’d take Woods as a backup for 2020 (which isn’t possible). Don’t love the idea of him taking over for Suggs, however. Don’t love it at all.
    I don't mind the idea given that Suggs is likely gone after one year and we're not really recruiting a high level high school PG for the 2021 class. Would be getting a 5th year senior point guard who's been with the program for a year in 2021. The resemblance to Perkins is pretty striking, let's just hope he would be content as more of a facilitator rather than a primary option.

I do agree that it would be a little strange to use a scholarship on a sit out point guard when we really need a back up for this year. I wonder if the staff ultimately plans for Harris to take over the PG responsibilities in due time...