Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Great hops for being 6'1". Those dunks looked so easy. Expecting he'll grow a bit still, yes? It'd be great recruiting both big and little brother.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Always love a good guard that can drive baseline and keep an eye out for a cutting big

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    This is the sit one transfer I have been hinting at. I would start watching some highlights. I confirmed this with my contact before posting anything today. ZagBlue has also been hinting at a sit one transfer, we have not talked about Andrew yet, but I am assuming it is the same person he was hinting at.
    Yep, this is the guy I hinted at. He will be one of if not the best pure PG in the NCAA after Suggs leave. Letís get it done!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Yep, this is the guy I hinted at. He will be one of if not the best pure PG in the NCAA after Suggs leave. Let’s get it done!
    What do you think the odds are of getting one or both of them?

Smile Montverde Academy, Florida

Doesn't little brother Ryan Nembhart play at the school that gave us Petrusev and Zakharov? It is nothing short of awesome that we're recruiting high-level kids from all the way across the country. (Now if kids all the way across the Cascade Mountains -- Seattle/Tacoma-- would just come aboard.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Doesn't little brother Ryan Nembhart play at the school that gave us Petrusev and Zakharov? It is nothing short of awesome that we're recruiting high-level kids from all the way across the country. (Now if kids all the way across the Cascade Mountains -- Seattle/Tacoma-- would just come aboard.)

They're across the country, but they're not Florida kids. Its kids from Serbia, Russia, and Canada, kind of our old bread and butter.

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    What do you think the odds are of getting one or both of them?
    You never know with recruiting but from what I have heard, I would be surprised if we donít get Andrew. With that being said, there is on huge variable: if Andrew wants a waiver to play this year, then certainly the presence of Suggs could scare him away. If he has to sit a year, I think he is ours. Unfortunately, he will have to make a decision before knowing the results of the waiver process.

That’s a pretty significant variable. Seems like they’ve been handing out waivers like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Thatís a pretty significant variable. Seems like theyíve been handing out waivers like candy.
    So letís say he gets the waiver. Then what? Does he still come?

You never know with recruiting but from what I have heard, I would be surprised if we don’t get Andrew. With that being said, there is on huge variable: if Andrew wants a waiver to play this year, then certainly the presence of Suggs could scare him away. If he has to sit a year, I think he is ours. Unfortunately, he will have to make a decision before knowing the results of the waiver process.

That stinks for the player. The first time around, I thought he probably passed on GU because of lack of immediate playing time. What an interesting situation...

I really liked him when GU recruited him and was bummed when he chose Florida. I felt like Petrusev was a consolation prize at the time. Petrusev has turned out be a solid player. I think Nembhard would be a great addition— everything listed as a negative about his fit at Florida in that Gators fan article is a positive here in Spokane. 6’5” pass-first, cerebral point guards who like to push the ball in transition are very welcome at GU.

He can do Nigel Williams Goss type things at GU, this would be a coup.

He's already gone head to head with the NBA level talent (and teamed with Wiltjer and Pangos) at the FIBA World Cup playing for Team Canada last year:

You never know with recruiting but from what I have heard, I would be surprised if we don’t get Andrew. With that being said, there is on huge variable: if Andrew wants a waiver to play this year, then certainly the presence of Suggs could scare him away. If he has to sit a year, I think he is ours. Unfortunately, he will have to make a decision before knowing the results of the waiver process.
    I would be shocked if he does not become a Zag. From everything I have seen and heard, I do not see a waiver as a likely scenario with Andrew. He could decide to push for one later, but it does not sound like that is going to happen. From my conversations I am pretty sure he will have to sit one and play one or two. That being said in recruiting everything is fluid and that could change.

Thanks for the insight, ZagBlue and caldwellzag!

Any idea on what kind of timing we are looking at for Andrew to announce his decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post

Any idea on what kind of timing we are looking at for Andrew to announce his decision?
    +1

Smile Spokane, Spokane!

+2

I would expect this decision to happen relatively soon, that being said no firm timeline, but I don't expect it to drag out.

I would expect this decision to happen relatively soon, that being said no firm timeline, but I don't expect it to drag out.
    That will be so nice to have the pg position set and know that we won't have any holes in the lineup for the next few years! It feels like we haven't had that since josh left.

Yep. This shouldn’t take too long unless several new schools jump in. I believe this transfer was on the “possibility” radar for a little while now so the family had an idea of what they want next. Remember also that I believe the athletes are still set to probably return to Spokane in about 2 weeks. So, this shouldn’t drag out too long.

If Nembhard comes and doesn't get a wavier, he practices against the best team in the nation next year, then steps right in as the starting point guard next year on potentially the top team in the country. If he gets a wavier he either becomes the 6th man on the nation's top team, or if Ayeye doesn't come back he starts in what very well might be the top back court in the nation. The 2 point guards playing together in the back court worked pretty well with Williams-Goss and Perkins. It also worked out pretty well in 2010 with Kentucky when they started Wall and Bledsoe. That was 2 NBA All-Star point guards playing together. Come on down Mr. Nembhard, either case would be to your advantage. You would also be playing with 2 former high school teammates. Would really love to see you as a Zag.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    He can do Nigel Williams Goss type things at GU, this would be a coup.

He's already gone head to head with the NBA level talent (and teamed with Wiltjer and Pangos) at the FIBA World Cup playing for Team Canada last year:

For once I can actually contribute with some first-hand knowledge of a player!

I had the pleasure of watching him play 3 games in Australia last year, also watched a couple of his games on the SEC feed.

He didn't lookout of place up against the pro's and was fearless going up against the Aussies. I didn't see him as that slow (not many can keep up with Patty Mills when he is flying).

Has a lot of the fundamentals down and great BB IQ, just think he needs a better coach and system to work within.

He would be able to reach out to Kevin Pangos as they would know each other quite well.

If he comes he /we will not regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Do we have an open scholarship? If so, it's Nigel Williams-Goss 2.0.
    We have one available for this coming season and 5-6 available for the 2021-22 season...If he comes then his brother might well come too maybe just to play with big brother for the one year...

I was excited about this guy the first time we were recruiting him. This would be a great get.

Ryan Nembhard committed to Creighton today, not sure if this changes anything with Andrew but I know Caldwell has mentioned the possibility that they could both commit to GU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Ryan Nembhard committed to Creighton today, not sure if this changes anything with Andrew but I know Caldwell has mentioned the possibility that they could both commit to GU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would be more concerned about Hunter Sallis. Ryan and Hunter would form an explosive backcourt.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    I would be more concerned about Hunter Sallis. Ryan and Hunter would form an explosive backcourt.
    Hopefully Sallis sees they have their 2021 PG and makes his way to Spokane. Who knows? I really can’t wait to see how the class of 2021 plays out. Definitely the most interesting the zags have been on recruiting forefront