Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    He checks all the boxes': Getting to know potential Zag Chaundee Brown

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...3-b9b54f5b391e
    He is hoping to be immediately eligible rather than traditional transfer (he’s not a grad transfer) but Zags backcourt seems too full for 2020-21 season. Since his Wake Forest Coach, Danny Manning, was fired he has a good case for being granted immediate eligibility. Where does he fit in and whose minutes does he take? He sure as hell ain’t just a practice player.

Suggs / Cook
    Ayayi / Harris
    Kispert / Strawther / Arlauskas
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    He is hoping to be immediately eligible rather than traditional transfer (he’s not a grad transfer) but Zags backcourt seems too full for 2020-21 season. Since his Wake Forest Coach, Danny Manning, was fired he has a good case for being granted immediate eligibility. Where does he fit in and whose minutes does he take? He sure as hell ain’t just a practice player.

Suggs / Cook
    Ayayi / Harris
    Kispert / Strawther / Arlauskas
    Flex, IF he comes and IF he is immediately eligible, then the four main guards getting to split 80 minutes would be Cook, Suggs, Ayayi and Brown...imo Harris is a freshman and will get playing time but Brown could also play SF along with Kispert, Arlauskas and freshman Strawther.

Hey, if we only get Jalen for one year and Brown for one year and Ayayi leaving after this upcoming season, then there will be tremendous minutes available for the 21-22 season's back court.

Also, keep in mind that IF Filip comes back, he will be gone after this upcoming season along with Ballo (IMO)...

I would want as much experience as possible for the Dance...especially in the backcourt...we will have an incredible front court (IF Filip returns) with Filip, Timme, Watson, Ballo and Zakharov...can't recall when we ever had such a deep and experienced front court...

GO ZAGS!!!

Deep front court indeed. The Wiltjer, Sabonis and Karnowski trio was pretty good.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Deep front court indeed. The Wiltjer, Sabonis and Karnowski trio was pretty good.
    As was the Karnowski, Sabonis J3, Collins group.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    As was the Karnowski, Sabonis J3, Collins group.
    I don't think Collins and Sabonis played with each other. Tillie was a part of that group.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Flex, IF he comes and IF he is immediately eligible, then the four main guards getting to split 80 minutes would be Cook, Suggs, Ayayi and Brown...imo Harris is a freshman and will get playing time but Brown could also play SF along with Kispert, Arlauskas and freshman Strawther.

Hey, if we only get Jalen for one year and Brown for one year and Ayayi leaving after this upcoming season, then there will be tremendous minutes available for the 21-22 season's back court.

Also, keep in mind that IF Filip comes back, he will be gone after this upcoming season along with Ballo (IMO)...

I would want as much experience as possible for the Dance...especially in the backcourt...we will have an incredible front court (IF Filip returns) with Filip, Timme, Watson, Ballo and Zakharov...can't recall when we ever had such a deep and experienced front court...

GO ZAGS!!!
    Ballo is highly unlikely to leave after this year. I’ve heard that he is very raw and is on the Rui plan outside of being forced to sit out last year. I would expect Ballo in the 10-12 minute range next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    I don't think Collins and Sabonis played with each other. Tillie was a part of that group.
    Karno, J3, Tillie, Collins = Greatest 4 man rotation we've ever had here.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Right. I was doing ot in a hurry and got distracted.

GU has had SO many quality bigs this last decade+.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Ballo is highly unlikely to leave after this year. I’ve heard that he is very raw and is on the Rui plan outside of being forced to sit out last year. I would expect Ballo in the 10-12 minute range next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot agree, his minutes will be higher and he will IMO be a force with which opposing teams will not have an answer...he would have been a force this past season BUT he was no eligible...I saw him play three times in 2019 in the U19 and no one could handle him...again IMO

When this season is all done, we will have viewed the BEST front court ever at GU - that is IF Filip returns...

I cannot agree, his minutes will be higher and he will IMO be a force with which opposing teams will not have an answer...he would have been a force this past season BUT he was no eligible...I saw him play three times in 2019 in the U19 and no one could handle him...again IMO

When this season is all done, we will have viewed the BEST front court ever at GU - that is IF Filip returns...
    Great news to hear. Seeing a guy in person is a different animal... I think he's going to be a beast next year. And this is literally me just making this up, but with his story and background, he seems like a guy who is going to be hungry as hell and play really hard.

GO ZAGS!!!
    I don’t think Dominic Harris expects to be the 5th guy in a four man guard rotation:
    http://https://twitter.com/ad_westcliff/status/1255485588733661190?s=21

I don’t think Dominic Harris expects to be the 5th guy in a four man guard rotation:
    http://https://twitter.com/ad_westcliff/status/1255485588733661190?s=21
    I think you risk losing a really good multi-year player in Harris if you make him the fifth guard.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I think you risk losing a really good multi-year player in Harris if you make him the fifth guard.
    Zags landed their needed backup PG in grad transfer Clark so w him, Suggs, Ayayi and Harris the 80 minutes per game for backcourt players is set in 2020-21 season. If Zags are pursuing what by all accounts is a very solid Wake Forest player who hopes to be eligible and play final college season next year (via NCAA waiver since his coach was fired) I’m more than a little surprised. Dude is big and athletic enough to hold down the SF spot and seems would be more of a defensive stopper at the 3 than Kispert. Maybe he fits more as a small forward? This would mean Strawther, Arlauskas getting very few minutes which, imo, is far more likely than Harris getting recruited over.

The tweet I posted from Harris’ dad is a countdown to 2021 NBA draft. He clearly thinks Dom is a legit one and done. Interesting timing on that tweet of his.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Karno, J3, Tillie, Collins = Greatest 4 man rotation we've ever had here.
    Hmm. Rui, Petro, Tils, Clarke? Maybe 4 first rounders. Or, with apologies to JFK, “whenever The Bonus dined alone.”

Zags landed their needed backup PG in grad transfer Clark so w him, Suggs, Ayayi and Harris the 80 minutes per game for backcourt players is set in 2020-21 season. If Zags are pursuing what by all accounts is a very solid Wake Forest player who hopes to be eligible and play final college season next year (via NCAA waiver since his coach was fired) I’m more than a little surprised. Dude is big and athletic enough to hold down the SF spot and seems would be more of a defensive stopper at the 3 than Kispert. Maybe he fits more as a small forward? This would mean Strawther, Arlauskas getting very few minutes which, imo, is far more likely than Harris getting recruited over.

The tweet I posted from Harris’ dad is a countdown to 2021 NBA draft. He clearly thinks Dom is a legit one and done. Interesting timing on that tweet of his.
    I was also thinking that if anyone is the odd man out this year, fighting for quality minutes, it would be Strawther. He could be fighting with Kispert and Watson, and maybe even Ayayi some, for minutes at the 3 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I was also thinking that if anyone is the odd man out this year, fighting for quality minutes, it would be Strawther. He could be fighting with Kispert and Watson, and maybe even Ayayi some, for minutes at the 3 spot.
    I see Strawberry and Kispert as covering the 3. Watson, Timme, Petrusev, Ballo and Pavel the 4-5 spots, with Pavel and Arlauskas being the odd men out. Hopefully they will stay because practicing against the best in college can only improve your game. Their time will come.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I see Strawberry and Kispert as covering the 3. Watson, Timme, Petrusev, Ballo and Pavel the 4-5 spots, with Pavel and Arlauskas being the odd men out. Hopefully they will stay because practicing against the best in college can only improve your game. Their time will come.
    This seems the most predictable from our chairs right now in April. Unfortunately like we saw last year with Watson, injuries happen and you do need to plan for an extra body here and there. Landing Chaundee Brown would IMO put us as a lock for many, many things, but the minutes don't seem to be there for a player ready for a big year. Of course this is all outside looking in stuff. Strawther and Harris are VERY talented freshmen, which in and of itself can be a wildcard. Also maybe it clicks for Arlauskas and Pavel and they come on strong with all cylinders firing after the first year of getting situated. Maybe Harris proves he is a one and done which hasn't really been brought up before. I personally doubt that, but who knows. I'd still like to see Brown come in and take a mature, experienced leadership role along with Cook and Kispert to lead this team in all the times they are not on the court. The trio are going to be great, but none of them have ever played a minute of high caliber D1 basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Hmm. Rui, Petro, Tils, Clarke? Maybe 4 first rounders. Or, with apologies to JFK, “whenever The Bonus dined alone.”
    man you sure could make a case for that. Maybe if Petro had more run at the end of that year but he was pretty much out of the rotation after January.

Crap did I like watching Clarke play!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6cy0ZiLV0

man you sure could make a case for that. Maybe if Petro had more run at the end of that year but he was pretty much out of the rotation after January.

Crap did I like watching Clarke play!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6cy0ZiLV0
    It was Tillie’s worst year from a health/production standpoint as well. Played less than half the games, and very limited in the games he did play. In reality it was the Rui/Clarke show, and cameos from the other two at best

So, best frontcourt rotation on paper, I’d agree yes. But we didn’t really see that on the floor, certainly not effective as the FF team.

This seems the most predictable from our chairs right now in April. Unfortunately like we saw last year with Watson, injuries happen and you do need to plan for an extra body here and there. Landing Chaundee Brown would IMO put us as a lock for many, many things, but the minutes don't seem to be there for a player ready for a big year. Of course this is all outside looking in stuff. Strawther and Harris are VERY talented freshmen, which in and of itself can be a wildcard. Also maybe it clicks for Arlauskas and Pavel and they come on strong with all cylinders firing after the first year of getting situated. Maybe Harris proves he is a one and done which hasn't really been brought up before. I personally doubt that, but who knows. I'd still like to see Brown come in and take a mature, experienced leadership role along with Cook and Kispert to lead this team in all the times they are not on the court. The trio are going to be great, but none of them have ever played a minute of high caliber D1 basketball.

There seems to be a percentage of confusion on this, so worth saying again. Chaundee Brown is a sit-out transfer. He's not playing in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by WRHUradio View Post
    There seems to be a percentage of confusion on this, so worth saying again. Chaundee Brown is a sit-out transfer. He's not playing in 2021.
    Unless he is.

Ok - there has been a lot of talk about Chaundee Brown earlier in this thread. What is the verdict?
    (1) Does he come to Gonzaga or are we all full?
    (2) Is he eligible to play in the upcoming season or does he have to sit out a year? How does the Manning firing impact his status?

I would like to hear what everyone thinks will happen here. It's been quiet. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Ok - there has been a lot of talk about Chaundee Brown earlier in this thread. What is the verdict?
    (2) Is he eligible to play in the upcoming season or does he have to sit out a year? How does the Manning firing impact his status?

I would like to hear what everyone thinks will happen here. It's been quiet. Thank you
    I was wondering how he could use the coach firing as a reason to be immediately eligible. He announced he was transferring long before Manning was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post

Nobody, including Chaundree Brown and Gonzaga University, knows if he will be eligible to play this upcoming season but it is a distinct possibility. This is what we know:
    1) He just finished his junior year; he is not a grad transfer.
    2) He has entered his name into NBA draft yet is not hiring an agent thus keeping his college eligibility intact.
    3) He has appealed to NCAA for waiver allowing him to transfer and be immediately eligible. Basis for his appeal is that his coach at Wake Forest, Danny Manning, was fired. It would be a strong basis for an appeal but if bdmiller7 is correct that he entered transfer portal before Manning was fired, his basis for appeal is completely undermined.

Clear as mud.

Smile What Up?

Excuse my ignorance, but is anybody still talking about the Mystery Recruit? I guess, maybe from Texas. A big that'll sit a year? (Or, maybe we are talking about him, and he has a name?)

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!