Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    My quick take on who is in his final three:

Kentucky, sure, Tech I guess, or BYU, gross.

Im guessing he'll decide to not be a waste and go to Kentucky or Tech.
    We are not out of it with Haarms until he signs with another school. It is not over till the far lady sings, and she will not sing until he puts his name on the line of another school. These guys change their minds from one day till the next, and tomorrow he may name 3 totally different schools on his list. I do hope this means that Petrosev is coming back, and becomes a 1st team all-american.

Default General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    And we have had several recent high draft
    Picks who did not start for us. Just sayin
    That’s my point. He’d play the same minutes starting at UK or off the bench at GU. If Petro stays in the draft, then he’d start here. Doesn’t sound like it will matter nie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    We are not out of it with Haarms until he signs with another school. It is not over till the far lady sings, and she will not sing until he puts his name on the line of another school.
    It's incredibly rare for a guy to make a top-3 and then deviate altogether. I think it's fair to say we are out of the Haarms sweepstakes.

It's also fair to assume we're probably in a really good spot. Worst case Petro leaves and we get noone. That leaves Timme/Ballo/Watson/Zakharov to eat the minutes with both Kispert/Strawther capable of small ball 4 minutes. Best case Petro returns and GU has the best frontcourt in the nation bar none.

I'm okay with both scenarios.

Evan Daniels
    @EvanDaniels
    ·
    20m
    Purdue transfer Matt Haarms will announce his college choice tomorrow, he tells
    @247Sports
    . Finalists: BYU, Kentucky and Texas Tech.

https://247sports.com/Article/Purdue...BYU-146354600/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Evan Daniels
    @EvanDaniels
    ·
    20m
    Purdue transfer Matt Haarms will announce his college choice tomorrow, he tells
    @247Sports
    . Finalists: BYU, Kentucky and Texas Tech.

https://247sports.com/Article/Purdue...BYU-146354600/
    I hope he chooses BYU. They'll be improved when we play them 2-3 times, plus the other two are more of a national championship competition.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I hope he chooses BYU. They'll be improved when we play them 2-3 times, plus the other two are more of a national championship competition.
    I also hope he chooses BYU, just because of the way they act over on the Kentucky board, They think every player is going there and every player that doesn't has to be crazy.I hope they loose him because of their arrogance.
    Last edited by TheOtherGreatOne; 04-22-2020 at 05:39 PM.

https://twitter.com/JackPilgrimKSR/s...24157476417538

Jack Pilgrim
    @JackPilgrimKSR
    Source: BYU has emerged as the favorite for Purdue graduate transfer Matt Haarms, Kentucky no longer feels they are the choice
    5:50 PM · Apr 22, 2020·Twitter Web App
    Retweets

Wow. Kentucky no longer believes that Haarms will chose them and they believe he will choose BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post

Jack Pilgrim
    @JackPilgrimKSR
    Source: BYU has emerged as the favorite for Purdue graduate transfer Matt Haarms, Kentucky no longer feels they are the choice
    Retweets

Wow. Kentucky no longer believes that Haarms will chose them and they believe he will choose BYU.
    Evans Daniels has also now just predicted BYU for Matt Haarms.

Jack Pilgrim
    @JackPilgrimKSR
    Retweets

Probably doesn't want to be recruited over.

Do non LDS players have to abide by the honor code?

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Do non LDS players have to abide by the honor code?
    Jim McMahon the Chicago Bears quarterback went there and I don't believe for one second that he followed their honor code.

Evans Daniels has also now just predicted BYU for Matt Haarms.
    This choice kinda puzzles me.... BYU loses 4 of their top 5 scorers and seems likely they won't make the tournament. This would be a transfer down for a guy who could go and play for a national title next year.

He wants to show the scouts what he can do. He has spent his career splitting time with other players, and wants his time as a senior. I can understand this. He can be the man in the middle at BYU next year, and that is what he wants. He is an excellent player and I love his high energy motor.

He wants to show the scouts what he can do. He has spent his career splitting time with other players, and wants his time as a senior. I can understand this. He can be the man in the middle at BYU next year, and that is what he wants. He is an excellent player and I love his high energy motor.
    Plus college life there is INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Plus college life there is INSANE!

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I think this is a basketball move, I don't believe he is into the cult lifestyle of the Mormans. He has had the wild college life style at Purdue for the last 4 years, and is ready to concentrate on basketball.

Coach Mark Pope former NBA big might be what he needs to prepare him for the next level. Besides Matt Haarms has been the bad guy in the big 10 the last few seasons. What better place to continue his role.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't believe he is into the cult lifestyle of the Mormans.
    We are better than this.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Coach Mark Pope former NBA big might be what he needs to prepare him for the next level. Besides Matt Haarms has been the bad guy in the big 10 the last few seasons. What better place to continue his role.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    With the preseason #1 team in the country?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

If Haarms does go to BYU they will be set with Baxter at the 4...

Just a sad side note...Baxter came back after a preseason injury that was expected to have him sit out the entire year...he chose to come back and play the last few games and the WCC tournament with the hope of gaining enough strength/stamina to help BYU in the Dance...then the virus comes and he kinda "blows" his red shirt year for a few games...life isn't always fair...if it ever is...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    If Haarms does go to BYU they will be set with Baxter at the 4...

Just a sad side note...Baxter came back after a preseason injury that was expected to have him sit out the entire year...he chose to come back and play the last few games and the WCC tournament with the hope of gaining enough strength/stamina to help BYU in the Dance...then the virus comes and he kinda "blows" his red shirt year for a few games...life isn't always fair...if it ever is...
    Yeah that was an unfortunate situation. I mean obviously there were a lot of crappy situations but one would hope that the NCAA would recognize that kind of scenario and give him an extra year. (if he so inclined)

Baxter stated several times he has no intension of staying all the years, as soon as he graduates he is leaving. It would not make a difference to him.
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Good for BYU and good for the WCC

Josh (2020 National Champions Gonzaga Bulldogs)
    @TheZagaholic
    ·
    19m
    Say what you will about Haarms to BYU, but Mark Pope made that happen. Hes a helluva recruiter and has BYU doing things they werent doing under Dave Rose. This is good for WCC Basketball.

Haarms is a straight-laced 23 yr old from an overwhelming caucasian place (Netherlands). Maybe he just wanted to be among what he felt were his peers, culturally and maturation wise.
    Maybe all this is idle distraction since the 20-21 season isn't looking too likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Good for BYU and good for the WCC

Josh (2020 National Champions Gonzaga Bulldogs)
    @TheZagaholic
    ·
    19m
    Say what you will about Haarms to BYU, but Mark Pope made that happen. Hes a helluva recruiter and has BYU doing things they werent doing under Dave Rose. This is good for WCC Basketball.
    Does this guy have any kind of inside information? His twitter feed is basically all fan-boy.