Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 628

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

  1. #326
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    My quick take on who is in his final three:

    Kentucky, sure, Tech I guess, or BYU, gross.

    Im guessing he'll decide to not be a waste and go to Kentucky or Tech.
    We are not out of it with Haarms until he signs with another school. It is not over till the far lady sings, and she will not sing until he puts his name on the line of another school. These guys change their minds from one day till the next, and tomorrow he may name 3 totally different schools on his list. I do hope this means that Petrosev is coming back, and becomes a 1st team all-american.

  2. #327
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,848

    Default General Transfer List v2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    And we have had several recent high draft
    Picks who did not start for us. Just sayin
    That’s my point. He’d play the same minutes starting at UK or off the bench at GU. If Petro stays in the draft, then he’d start here. Doesn’t sound like it will matter nie


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #328
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    We are not out of it with Haarms until he signs with another school. It is not over till the far lady sings, and she will not sing until he puts his name on the line of another school.
    It's incredibly rare for a guy to make a top-3 and then deviate altogether. I think it's fair to say we are out of the Haarms sweepstakes.

    It's also fair to assume we're probably in a really good spot. Worst case Petro leaves and we get noone. That leaves Timme/Ballo/Watson/Zakharov to eat the minutes with both Kispert/Strawther capable of small ball 4 minutes. Best case Petro returns and GU has the best frontcourt in the nation bar none.

    I'm okay with both scenarios.

  4. #329
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,487

    Default

    Evan Daniels
    @EvanDaniels
    ·
    20m
    Purdue transfer Matt Haarms will announce his college choice tomorrow, he tells
    @247Sports
    . Finalists: BYU, Kentucky and Texas Tech.


    https://247sports.com/Article/Purdue...BYU-146354600/

  5. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Evan Daniels
    @EvanDaniels
    ·
    20m
    Purdue transfer Matt Haarms will announce his college choice tomorrow, he tells
    @247Sports
    . Finalists: BYU, Kentucky and Texas Tech.


    https://247sports.com/Article/Purdue...BYU-146354600/
    I hope he chooses BYU. They'll be improved when we play them 2-3 times, plus the other two are more of a national championship competition.

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I hope he chooses BYU. They'll be improved when we play them 2-3 times, plus the other two are more of a national championship competition.
    I also hope he chooses BYU, just because of the way they act over on the Kentucky board, They think every player is going there and every player that doesn't has to be crazy.I hope they loose him because of their arrogance.
    Last edited by TheOtherGreatOne; 04-22-2020 at 05:39 PM.

  7. #332
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    https://twitter.com/JackPilgrimKSR/s...24157476417538

    Jack Pilgrim
    @JackPilgrimKSR
    Source: BYU has emerged as the favorite for Purdue graduate transfer Matt Haarms, Kentucky no longer feels they are the choice
    5:50 PM · Apr 22, 2020·Twitter Web App
    40
    Retweets
    115
    Likes


    Wow. Kentucky no longer believes that Haarms will chose them and they believe he will choose BYU.

  8. #333
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JackPilgrimKSR/s...24157476417538

    Jack Pilgrim
    @JackPilgrimKSR
    Source: BYU has emerged as the favorite for Purdue graduate transfer Matt Haarms, Kentucky no longer feels they are the choice
    5:50 PM · Apr 22, 2020·Twitter Web App
    40
    Retweets
    115
    Likes


    Wow. Kentucky no longer believes that Haarms will chose them and they believe he will choose BYU.
    Evans Daniels has also now just predicted BYU for Matt Haarms.

  9. #334
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JackPilgrimKSR/s...24157476417538

    Jack Pilgrim
    @JackPilgrimKSR
    Source: BYU has emerged as the favorite for Purdue graduate transfer Matt Haarms, Kentucky no longer feels they are the choice
    5:50 PM · Apr 22, 2020·Twitter Web App
    40
    Retweets
    115
    Likes


    Wow. Kentucky no longer believes that Haarms will chose them and they believe he will choose BYU.
    Probably doesn't want to be recruited over.

  10. #335
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,417

    Default

    Do non LDS players have to abide by the honor code?

  11. #336
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Do non LDS players have to abide by the honor code?
    Jim McMahon the Chicago Bears quarterback went there and I don't believe for one second that he followed their honor code.

  12. #337
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Evans Daniels has also now just predicted BYU for Matt Haarms.
    This choice kinda puzzles me.... BYU loses 4 of their top 5 scorers and seems likely they won't make the tournament. This would be a transfer down for a guy who could go and play for a national title next year.

  13. #338
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    389

    Default

    He wants to show the scouts what he can do. He has spent his career splitting time with other players, and wants his time as a senior. I can understand this. He can be the man in the middle at BYU next year, and that is what he wants. He is an excellent player and I love his high energy motor.

  14. #339
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    He wants to show the scouts what he can do. He has spent his career splitting time with other players, and wants his time as a senior. I can understand this. He can be the man in the middle at BYU next year, and that is what he wants. He is an excellent player and I love his high energy motor.
    Plus college life there is INSANE!

  15. #340
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Plus college life there is INSANE!

    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  16. #341
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    389

    Default

    I think this is a basketball move, I don't believe he is into the cult lifestyle of the Mormans. He has had the wild college life style at Purdue for the last 4 years, and is ready to concentrate on basketball.

  17. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Coach Mark Pope former NBA big might be what he needs to prepare him for the next level. Besides Matt Haarms has been the bad guy in the big 10 the last few seasons. What better place to continue his role.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  18. #343
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I don't believe he is into the cult lifestyle of the Mormans.
    We are better than this.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  19. #344
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Coach Mark Pope former NBA big might be what he needs to prepare him for the next level. Besides Matt Haarms has been the bad guy in the big 10 the last few seasons. What better place to continue his role.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    With the preseason #1 team in the country?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  20. #345
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    He wants to show the scouts what he can do. He has spent his career splitting time with other players, and wants his time as a senior. I can understand this. He can be the man in the middle at BYU next year, and that is what he wants. He is an excellent player and I love his high energy motor.
    If Haarms does go to BYU they will be set with Baxter at the 4...

    Just a sad side note...Baxter came back after a preseason injury that was expected to have him sit out the entire year...he chose to come back and play the last few games and the WCC tournament with the hope of gaining enough strength/stamina to help BYU in the Dance...then the virus comes and he kinda "blows" his red shirt year for a few games...life isn't always fair...if it ever is...

  21. #346
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    If Haarms does go to BYU they will be set with Baxter at the 4...

    Just a sad side note...Baxter came back after a preseason injury that was expected to have him sit out the entire year...he chose to come back and play the last few games and the WCC tournament with the hope of gaining enough strength/stamina to help BYU in the Dance...then the virus comes and he kinda "blows" his red shirt year for a few games...life isn't always fair...if it ever is...
    Yeah that was an unfortunate situation. I mean obviously there were a lot of crappy situations but one would hope that the NCAA would recognize that kind of scenario and give him an extra year. (if he so inclined)

  22. #347
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Baxter stated several times he has no intension of staying all the years, as soon as he graduates he is leaving. It would not make a difference to him.
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  23. #348
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,487

    Default

    Good for BYU and good for the WCC

    Josh (2020 National Champions Gonzaga Bulldogs)
    @TheZagaholic
    ·
    19m
    Say what you will about Haarms to BYU, but Mark Pope made that happen. Hes a helluva recruiter and has BYU doing things they werent doing under Dave Rose. This is good for WCC Basketball.

  24. #349
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Haarms is a straight-laced 23 yr old from an overwhelming caucasian place (Netherlands). Maybe he just wanted to be among what he felt were his peers, culturally and maturation wise.
    Maybe all this is idle distraction since the 20-21 season isn't looking too likely.

  25. #350
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Good for BYU and good for the WCC

    Josh (2020 National Champions Gonzaga Bulldogs)
    @TheZagaholic
    ·
    19m
    Say what you will about Haarms to BYU, but Mark Pope made that happen. Hes a helluva recruiter and has BYU doing things they werent doing under Dave Rose. This is good for WCC Basketball.
    Does this guy have any kind of inside information? His twitter feed is basically all fan-boy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •