Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...522274816?s=20

Oregon sophomore Francis Okoro is transferring, sources told ESPN. Started 40 games over the last two seasons, averaged 3.3 points and 4.2 rebounds last season. Former top-60 prospect.

Some surface research: 6'10 230+, very strong athlete, raw offensive game, low averages but has a game with 17 rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...522274816?s=20

Oregon sophomore Francis Okoro is transferring, sources told ESPN. Started 40 games over the last two seasons, averaged 3.3 points and 4.2 rebounds last season. Former top-60 prospect.

Some surface research: 6'10 230+, very strong athlete, raw offensive game, low averages but has a game with 17 rebounds.
    Not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    He definitely can say what he wants here, but once we got on Cook he wasn't even an option for us. Gomez has talent, but Gonzaga was looking for exactly what Cook brings.
    Why are we still vying for a guard (Chaundee Brown)?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I'm assuming it's just Gonzaga doing their due diligence similar to Haarms with Petrusev basically as a contingency plan in case Ayayi or Kispert went pro. I think GU is also listed as an option by many transfers as well even if there is not much mutual interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Few only calls players that are taller than him

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Maybe GU needs some voice talent that could fill in. A whole team of Few impersonators.

Big Ed fills that particular bill.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Aside from the mentioned Ayayi/Kispert/Suggs possibilities at this point, it's worth noting it's unclear he's a grad transfer. Could well be a sit 1 play 1 guy that helps in practices this year and comes on board for 2021/22.

Not good enough.
    Based on what? His stat line? Honest question...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Based on what? His stat line? Honest question...

That fact that he simply was not good despite opportunity. And the competition is better at GU to boot.

That fact that he simply was not good despite opportunity. And the competition is better at GU to boot.
    Hmm. I thought maybe you had seen him play and there was a lack of ability. Being a former Top 60 guy, I thought maybe a year off to develop in the clinic could make him a solid get.

I don’t really know much about him but I bet the staff knows what they need to

Josh (2020 National Champions Gonzaga Bulldogs)
    @TheZagaholic
    ·
    8h
    Im hearing Matt Haarms is narrowing his list. Seems like its coming down to Gonzaga, Kentucky, and Arizona. Word is hes mostly concerned about Filip Petrusev. If Petrusev is gone, id bet hes a Zag...if Petrusev stays, id bet hes a Wildcat. Win/Win for GU. #ZagUp #GoZags

Default General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    @TheZagaholic
    ·
    8h
    Im hearing Matt Haarms is narrowing his list. Seems like its coming down to Gonzaga, Kentucky, and Arizona. Word is hes mostly concerned about Filip Petrusev. If Petrusev is gone, id bet hes a Zag...if Petrusev stays, id bet hes a Wildcat. Win/Win for GU. #ZagUp #GoZags
    That’s the type of tweet I like to see. I’d imagine his minutes would be similar at both schools though, he just wouldn’t start at GU if Petro is back

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    @TheZagaholic
    ·
    8h
    Haha pretty safe assumption that if he's not a Zag he's gonna be a Wildcat not sure if it's an Arizona or Kentucky Wildcat though

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    Haha pretty safe assumption that if he's not a Zag he's gonna be a Wildcat not sure if it's an Arizona or Kentucky Wildcat though

Looks like he means Kentucky based on other tweets.

Would love to hear more about this from one of our experts. This is definitely a big puzzle piece.

Anyone with insight have an idea of when we can expect Filip/Corey/Joel to make their decisions?

Top Transfers: Immediately Eligible

2) Matt Haarms, 7-3, 250, C, Grad, Purdue
    Stats: 8.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.0 bpg
    Scout’s take: “He can really run the floor and protect the rim. He plays with energy and is a good shooter to the 3-point line, but needs to shoot the 3 at a higher percentage. He is an average rebounder and is also a good passer.”
    Schools: Arizona, Arkansas, BC, BYU, Gonzaga, Kentucky, Memphis, Minnesota, Texas Tech, UNCG

https://watchstadium.com/top-20-coll...21-03-24-2020/

The key to all of this is the deadline to declare for the NBA Draft, which is April 26th 2020.

Underclassmen have until Sunday, April 26th at 11:59 p.m. EST to declare for the 2020 NBA Draft.

A deadline of Monday, June 15th at 5 p.m. EST is set for underclassmen to withdraw and retain college eligibility.

Now, do I think 4/26 is a stupid date and they should've moved it, at least a month to May 30th? Yes. Because the NBA Draft may not be in June.

IF the NBA Draft is in June as scheduled, then OK this is fine. I think the way this week's NFL Draft goes, logistically, even technically will impact whether the NBA considers doing the draft in June.
    If the NBA Draft is in September then they should move the date to declare, and also move the date to return to college. How can a guy on the bubble for being drafted go so deep into the summer and not be given the chance to return to school?
    Again the problem is with trades, because we're still in the midst of a current season. Can Milwaukee trade someone off their roster for a draft pick and then not have them for the potential 2020 NBA Finals? No. so theyd have to do some sort of unique moratorium on making trades with active players.

This is all extremely complicated, I think the least they can do is move the date another month, but then again, how much more information is any guy on the bubble going to gather over that time?
    If anything, I'd like to see the return to college deadline be moved further than June 15th so some of these guys can back to school, even if it means they transfer somewhere and sit out, at least they are doing something with themselves then completely lost when the music stops.

Quote Originally Posted by WRHUradio View Post
    The key to all of this is the deadline to declare for the NBA Draft, which is April 26th 2020.

Underclassmen have until Sunday, April 26th at 11:59 p.m. EST to declare for the 2020 NBA Draft.

A deadline of Monday, June 15th at 5 p.m. EST is set for underclassmen to withdraw and retain college eligibility.

Now, do I think 4/26 is a stupid date and they should've moved it, at least a month to May 30th? Yes. Because the NBA Draft may not be in June.

IF the NBA Draft is in June as scheduled, then OK this is fine. I think the way this week's NFL Draft goes, logistically, even technically will impact whether the NBA considers doing the draft in June.
    If the NBA Draft is in September then they should move the date to declare, and also move the date to return to college. How can a guy on the bubble for being drafted go so deep into the summer and not be given the chance to return to school?
    Again the problem is with trades, because we're still in the midst of a current season. Can Milwaukee trade someone off their roster for a draft pick and then not have them for the potential 2020 NBA Finals? No. so theyd have to do some sort of unique moratorium on making trades with active players.

This is all extremely complicated, I think the least they can do is move the date another month, but then again, how much more information is any guy on the bubble going to gather over that time?
    If anything, I'd like to see the return to college deadline be moved further than June 15th so some of these guys can back to school, even if it means they transfer somewhere and sit out, at least they are doing something with themselves then completely lost when the music stops.
    Seems like for the NBA draft to be in June the NBA is going to have to cancel the rest of their season. Otherwise the draft will have to be pushed back as the NBA would need to complete their season to have the draft order set.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Looks like he means Kentucky based on other tweets.

Would love to hear more about this from one of our experts. This is definitely a big puzzle piece.

Anyone with insight have an idea of when we can expect Filip/Corey/Joel to make their decisions?
    If you go on what Kentucky people are saying, you can take that with a grain of salt. If you listen to them, every player in the country is going there, and every one that goes there is going to be a first round draft choice and they are stupid if they go anywhere else. I know because I am from there and still go there almost every day, and I hear all that stupid crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    That’s the type of tweet I like to see. I’d imagine his minutes would be similar at both schools though, he just wouldn’t start at GU if Petro is back

And we have had several recent high draft
    Picks who did not start for us. Just sayin
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Brenna Greene
    @BrennaGreene_
    Filip Petrusev is expected to declare for the NBA Draft this week, just like he did last year.

His stock is much higher though this time around.

Should he go pro or come back to GU? I asked
    @GoodmanHoops
    @GaryParrishCBS
    , and
    @SeanFarnham
    that question:

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...a-2caca24bc5da

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    ·
    36m
    Updated Transfer List now at 735:

- 293 of the 353 teams have at least one transfer so far this season.

https://watchstadium.com/college-bas...st-10-31-2019/

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...919589890?s=19

And just like that we aren't in with Haarms anymore. Hopi that's a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...919589890?s=19

And just like that we aren't in with Haarms anymore. Hopi that's a good sign.
    Haarms would have been a nice luxury but yeah, heres hoping that's a sign Petro is back. The team is absolutely stacked if everyone returns.

Thanks for posting that article ZAG1203. Good insight from some that follow MBB more closely than most.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Haarms would have been a nice luxury but yeah, heres hoping that's a sign Petro is back. The team is absolutely stacked if everyone returns.
    My quick take on who is in his final three:

Kentucky, sure, Tech I guess, or BYU, gross.

Im guessing he'll decide to not be a waste and go to Kentucky or Tech.