Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Maybe the transfer that Gonzaga will bring in hasn't even hit this list. Interesting names still out there for a point guard to replace Suggs, but you won't find him on that list.
    Ah, just the nugget I was craving!!

Johnny Juzang was just granted a waiver to play for UCLA. I'm curious why the NCAA is being so generous with these now, unless there's some reason that he's special.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Johnny Juzang was just granted a waiver to play for UCLA. I'm curious why the NCAA is being so generous with these now, unless there's some reason that he's special.
    I would bet that if he would have went to Santa Clara, Eastern Washington, or Morehead State, he would have to set out a year. The ncaa waviers are just like who they put on probation. it is all about politics and who you are connected to instead of fair play for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    He is from LA, pretty easy to put in a hardship waiver to your hometown.

Maybe the transfer that Gonzaga will bring in hasn't even hit this list. Interesting names still out there for a point guard to replace Suggs, but you won't find him on that list.
    Very interesting post Caldwell. You have our attention.

He is from LA, pretty easy to put in a hardship waiver to your hometown.
    I would imagine there are quite a few college kids who would like to be closer to home right now. Their parents probably dont mind either.

What's with the mass exodus from Portland? Did I miss something? I thought Terry Porter was retained.

Are you sure Terry Porter is a good coach? His career as a coach in the NBA was lackluster, and he won on average less than 10 games a year so far at Portland. Maybe he’ll turn it around next season???

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    What's with the mass exodus from Portland? Did I miss something? I thought Terry Porter was retained.

Porter was retained & a lot of kids couldn't see the tunnel, let alone the light.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Are you sure Terry Porter is a good coach? His career as a coach in the NBA was lackluster, and he won on average less than 10 games a year so far at Portland. Maybe he’ll turn it around next season???
    Basically he's having a lame duck season. He won't be retained after this year when his contract expires.

Even his kid transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Basically he's having a lame duck season. He won't be retained after this year when his contract expires.

Even his kid transferred.
    I was chatting with UP booster, and he seemed to think the athletic department was more focused on soccer, tennis, crew, and other programs. If they can get him cheap, they may not care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Certainly Porter's record at UP is not good. It was his own kid leaving that really caught my eye.

@GoodmanHoops
    BREAKING: Florida’s Andrew Nembhard will withdraw from the NBA Draft and intends to transfer, source told
    @Stadium
    . The 6-foot-5 sophomore point guard averaged 11.2 points and 5.6 assists per game this past season and should be a pursued heavily by other high-major schools.
    8:52 AM · May 30, 2020·

Dibs!

Do we have an open scholarship? If so, it's Nigel Williams-Goss 2.0.

This one could be great. We were in it until the end for him before. He could slide right into the slot vacated by Jalen Suggs after he leaves this year. I could get very excited by this one. Go Zags!!!

This is the sit one transfer I have been hinting at. I would start watching some highlights. I confirmed this with my contact before posting anything today. ZagBlue has also been hinting at a sit one transfer, we have not talked about Andrew yet, but I am assuming it is the same person he was hinting at.

"A team to watch for Nembhard to go to is Gonzaga. They were a school that recruited him heavily out of high school and every year they are trying to land a veteran point guard in the transfer portal. Additionally, their continuity ball screen offense is well suited for Nembhard’s game. When Florida was playing their best offense this year it was using ball screens with Nembhard running off a Kerry Blackshear screen while Omar Payne was in the paint sealing the help defender—an action straight out of the Gonzaga playbook."

https://www.gatorcountry.com/florida...-from-florida/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

I would really watch this and don't be shocked if his younger brother Ryan also finds his way to Spokane.

What year is his younger brother? Also even if he has to sit, think of the players that would be practicing together. That will make him, Suggs, Ayayi, and the rest all better for games this year and on.

Younger brother is still at Montverde Academy I believe... Stanford and Florida involved...
    Ryan is a little smaller than Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by ZAG 4 LIFE View Post
    Younger brother is still at Montverde Academy I believe... Stanford and Florida involved...
    Ryan is a little smaller than Andrew
    Good guess Gators are off his list now...

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    What year is his younger brother? Also even if he has to sit, think of the players that would be practicing together. That will make him, Suggs, Ayayi, and the rest all better for games this year and on.
    Reclassified into the 2021 class. Ranked 90th in the 247 composite. 6'1".

Is there potential for both Nembhard boys and Sallis for 2021?