Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 628

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

  1. #501
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    787

    Default

    - yet mcclung's two years at georgetown has produced rather pedestrian results.....consider
    - fg percentage 39
    - 3 pt percentage 29
    - free throws 80% (that is good)
    - assists less than 3 a game (okay he is a shooter)
    - rebounds again less than 3 a game.
    - and he is getting playing time, 26 minutes a game

    - i'm not trying to dump on the young man, just saying to myself, what is all the buzz about.......given his production on the floor.

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    78

    Default

    He is a showman would be my guess
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - yet mcclung's two years at georgetown has produced rather pedestrian results.....consider
    - fg percentage 39
    - 3 pt percentage 29
    - free throws 80% (that is good)
    - assists less than 3 a game (okay he is a shooter)
    - rebounds again less than 3 a game.
    - and he is getting playing time, 26 minutes a game

    - i'm not trying to dump on the young man, just saying to myself, what is all the buzz about.......given his production on the floor.
    I could see a scenario where his 3 pfg % improves making his athleticism more threatening on close-outs. That would elevate him from pedestrian to primary/secondary option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

  4. #504
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    He is a showman would be my guess
    - bingo! i think you are correct.
    - out of high school all the talk i heard about mcclung was his hops and dunking ability.

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    McClung is similar to Haws in that he is easily capable of a 2-14 game like Haws had against SMC in his last game.

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    140

    Default

    https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ons-best-worst

    I still do not understand why we didn't pursue McClung more aggressively. More than likely we will need a PG for 2021/2022. It looks as if he is not going to get a waiver and will need to sit out. It is my impression that a very good/elite PG is our biggest need for the 2021/2022 season. We can't have enough depth. BYU and Texas Tech seem to be in the best position to acquire him. It's great if BYU gets him to help improve the WCC but if he is as good as many think he can be with the right development, I certainly would rather have play for us than BYU if he can help us. Is he just not elite enough for Gonzaga? Can somebody please help me understand? Thank you all for your help.

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ons-best-worst

    I still do not understand why we didn't pursue McClung more aggressively. More than likely we will need a PG for 2021/2022. It looks as if he is not going to get a waiver and will need to sit out. It is my impression that a very good/elite PG is our biggest need for the 2021/2022 season. We can't have enough depth. BYU and Texas Tech seem to be in the best position to acquire him. It's great if BYU gets him to help improve the WCC but if he is as good as many think he can be with the right development, I certainly would rather have play for us than BYU if he can help us. Is he just not elite enough for Gonzaga? Can somebody please help me understand? Thank you all for your help.
    He's not a point guard and he's not a very good shooting guard (relative to recent GU year players and starters on most top-15 teams).

    He's a baby faced white guy from a small town who has social media highlight dunks and a 1:1 assist/Turnover ratio while shooting 29% from 3. Also has trouble defending. I have no idea who will be GU's point guard in 21-22. Maybe it will be Dom Harris or a grad transfer or something. But I'd bet $50 that player will be better than McClung.

  8. #508
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ons-best-worst

    I still do not understand why we didn't pursue McClung more aggressively. More than likely we will need a PG for 2021/2022. It looks as if he is not going to get a waiver and will need to sit out. It is my impression that a very good/elite PG is our biggest need for the 2021/2022 season. We can't have enough depth. BYU and Texas Tech seem to be in the best position to acquire him. It's great if BYU gets him to help improve the WCC but if he is as good as many think he can be with the right development, I certainly would rather have play for us than BYU if he can help us. Is he just not elite enough for Gonzaga? Can somebody please help me understand? Thank you all for your help.
    Your thoughts are good regarding the 2021 need for a PG. As the below poster mentioned, McClung really isn’t a true PG. perhaps we have our eyes on another PG for 2021.

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Your thoughts are good regarding the 2021 need for a PG. As the below poster mentioned, McClung really isn’t a true PG. perhaps we have our eyes on another PG for 2021.
    Why do I have the feeling you already know the answer to this?

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,590

    Default

    Maybe slightly OT but here's a young man the Zag's were after back in the day:


    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...sue-pro-career
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  11. #511
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Maybe slightly OT but here's a young man the Zag's were after back in the day:


    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...sue-pro-career
    Makes sense, after the mission and 2 years of ball he will turn 23 this summer. Have to go make money while he can. I see Moretti from Texas Tech is leaving to go pro too. I wonder if the uncertainty of college basketball this year will push some kids that direction. What if there is no college basketball season and you stuck around and wasted a year?

  12. #512
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,487

    Default

    Updated list -- as of now 77% of transfers have committed somewhere.

    https://watchstadium.com/college-bas...st-10-31-2019/

  13. #513
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Updated list -- as of now 77% of transfers have committed somewhere.

    https://watchstadium.com/college-bas...st-10-31-2019/
    - so far wcc losing more (25) than it is receiving (15).
    - no science whatsoever, and in the most broad general terms, losing more than gaining makes sense to me.
    - whereas most players leave to find playing time in a less competitive league, the better your league would again 'suggest' you'd lose more to transfer than pick up on transfer
    - and for as much as 'we' like to complain about the wcc, it is consistently at or around a top 10 conference.

  14. #514
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - so far wcc losing more (25) than it is receiving (15).
    - no science whatsoever, and in the most broad general terms, losing more than gaining makes sense to me.
    - whereas most players leave to find playing time in a less competitive league, the better your league would again 'suggest' you'd lose more to transfer than pick up on transfer
    - and for as much as 'we' like to complain about the wcc, it is consistently at or around a top 10 conference.
    Im no WCC fan for the most part but I do think people lose sight that we are usually in the top 10 out of 32 total conferences. The data saying where the WCC would be without GU probably would change that A LOT, but the fact is WCC isn't the bottom third of all of them out there.

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Updated list -- as of now 77% of transfers have committed somewhere.

    https://watchstadium.com/college-bas...st-10-31-2019/
    This is the WCC list.


    WCC

    Colby Leifson, 6-4, 190, G, Soph., BYU – UTAH VALLEY

    Blaze Nield, 6-1, 185, G, Soph., BYU (0.7 ppg) – UTAH VALLEY

    Jordan Bell, 6-8, 220, F, Jr., Loyola Marymount (7.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg) – PACIFIC

    Jonathan Dos Anjos, 6-7, 200, F, Fr., Loyola Marymount (3.2 ppg) – FLORIDA SOUTHERN WEST

    Seikou Sisoho Jawara, 6-3, 195, G, Fr., Loyola Marymount (4.4 ppg) – WEBER STATE

    Dovaunta Williams, 6-1, 160, G, Fr., Loyola Marymount (3.4 ppg) – WALTER STATE

    Amari McCray, 6-9, 265, F, Jr., Pacific (6.4 ppg, 4.2 rpg) – PORTLAND STATE

    M.J. Cage, 6-10, 235, PF, Pepperdine

    Jackson Stormo, 6-8, 250, F, Soph., Pepperdine (0.3 ppg) – SIENA

    Kaijae Yee-Stephens, 6-1, 190, G, Grad, Pepperdine

    Theo Akwuba, 6-11, 220, F, Soph., Portland (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg) – LOUISIANA

    Hugh Hogland, 6-10, 230, F, RS Soph., Portland (2.8 ppg – 13 games) – UC DAVIS

    Josh Phillips, 6-8, 245, F, Soph., Portland (1.5 ppg)

    Malcolm Porter, 6-3, 195, G, Grad, Portland (9.5 ppg) – NORTHERN ARIZONA

    Jacob Tryon, 6-11, 210, F, Jr., Portland (7.1 ppg, 5.3 rpg) – NEW MEXICO STATE

    Jock Perry, 7-1, 250, C, Grad, Saint Mary’s (3.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg) – UC RIVERSIDE

    Elijah Thomas, 6-5, 220, F, Jr., Saint Mary’s (2.3 ppg) – CAL BAPTIST

    Noel Coleman, 6-1, 175, G, Fr., San Diego (2.4 ppg) – HAWAII

    Andrew Ferguson, 7-0, 230, C, Fr., San Diego – CAL STATE MONTEREY BAY

    James Jean-Marie, 6-7, 225, F, Jr., San Diego (7.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg)

    Sabry Philip, 6-4, 190, G, Fr., San Diego (1.2 ppg) – NAVARRO JC

    Tahj Eaddy, 6-2, 165, G, Grad, Santa Clara (9.1 ppg) – USC

    David Thompson, 6-0, 165, G, Jr., Santa Clara (1.6 ppg) – CENTRAL WASHINGTON

    Trey Wertz, 6-5, 185, G, Soph., Santa Clara (11.9 ppg) – NOTRE DAME

    Charles Minlend, 6-4, 210, G, Grad, San Francisco (14.4 ppg) – LOUISVILLE
    I noted two things:

    1. The conferences are listed with the top conferences at the top alphabetically followed by the other leagues alphabetically. The WCC was listed among the upper-tier conferences.

    2. Most of the WCC transfers are transferring down in terms of the leagues they move to.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

  16. #516
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    809

    Default

    The 3 that really hurt are Minlend from USF, and Eady and Wertz from SCU. So far I would say Haarms is the only player of that level coming in (Cook at GU, but I'm looking more at the rest of the WCC). I would guess in most conferences at least 75% are transferring down in competition.

  17. #517
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Arcadia, Calif.
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    The 3 that really hurt are Minlend from USF, and Eady and Wertz from SCU. So far I would say Haarms is the only player of that level coming in (Cook at GU, but I'm looking more at the rest of the WCC). I would guess in most conferences at least 75% are transferring down in competition.
    Everybody in Provo thinks McClung is going to announce for BYU tomorrow. A good friend of mine is telling me that - he's a huge BYU fan as big as I am a Gonzaga fan. Not sure if it's really true or just wishful thinking but Mark Pope is an excellent recruiter. My guess is he's a sit out transfer and does not get the waiver so he would not be eligible next year. Texas tech and Auburn might have something to say about it but the tea leaves suggest it is one of those three with Memphis as a darkhorse.

  18. #518
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    Everybody in Provo thinks McClung is going to announce for BYU tomorrow. A good friend of mine is telling me that - he's a huge BYU fan as big as I am a Gonzaga fan. Not sure if it's really true or just wishful thinking but Mark Pope is an excellent recruiter. My guess is he's a sit out transfer and does not get the waiver so he would not be eligible next year. Texas tech and Auburn might have something to say about it but the tea leaves suggest it is one of those three with Memphis as a darkhorse.
    Would love to see him in Provo and playing in the WCC, but I think he is going to Texas Tech. Will be interesting to see if he gets that waiver next year, but our staff felt that he would be a sit one guy.

  19. #519
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Would love to see him in Provo and playing in the WCC, but I think he is going to Texas Tech. Will be interesting to see if he gets that waiver next year, but our staff felt that he would be a sit one guy.
    Is he LDS?

  20. #520
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Would love to see him in Provo and playing in the WCC, but I think he is going to Texas Tech. Will be interesting to see if he gets that waiver next year, but our staff felt that he would be a sit one guy.
    I'm very curious about this process. Why make a decision before he knows the outcome of his waiver? Is it possible for him to submit the waiver request before he decides? Anyone know how that process works?

  21. #521
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    I'm very curious about this process. Why make a decision before he knows the outcome of his waiver? Is it possible for him to submit the waiver request before he decides? Anyone know how that process works?
    In the woman's forum, it was said that there is a one year moratorium on deciding about the waiver issue. It won't be in effect for this year. I am assuming that it is for both men's and women's sports.

    http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...led-until-2021
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  22. #522
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    In the woman's forum, it was said that there is a one year moratorium on deciding about the waiver issue. It won't be in effect for this year. I am assuming that it is for both men's and women's sports.

    http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...led-until-2021
    That was NCAA wide, right. They can still apply for individual waivers can't they?

  23. #523
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    https://twitter.com/McclungMac/statu...22767590207494


    McClung picks Texas Tech. If he gets his waiver, Zags will play him in Phoenix in December.

  24. #524
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    That was NCAA wide, right. They can still apply for individual waivers can't they?
    Yes, a waiver can be requested but it appears that in January 2021 the NCAA will allow a one time transfer for immediate eligibility for all across the board for all sports, to be effective for the 2021-2022 school year...
    Geez seems like time is just flashing before our eyes...now we're talking about the 2021-22 season...

  25. #525
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Updated list -- as of now 77% of transfers have committed somewhere.

    https://watchstadium.com/college-bas...st-10-31-2019/
    Maybe the transfer that Gonzaga will bring in hasn't even hit this list. Interesting names still out there for a point guard to replace Suggs, but you won't find him on that list.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •