Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    The mystery recruit is still very alive.
    Good! Too many people are dying in these Covidian times! Still gotta wonder if/when he might choose to enact a transfer strategy...

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    The mystery recruit is still very alive.
    Iowa - I am very intrigued with your post. I thought I knew who the mystery transfer was through some contacts that I have. Over the last week or so, I was told that my mystery transfer was not going to happen for various reasons. But my mystery transfer must be different than yours. When was the last time you heard that your guy was still alive? Is your mystery guy someone who can play immediately or a sit out transfer? Thank you for anything you can pass along without compromising any sources that you might have. But I am very curious now.

Simple question, is there another transfer or not ? Not that one is really needed, especially if everyone comes back, which I am looking at it as if they are, I was just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Simple question, is there another transfer or not ? Not that one is really needed, especially if everyone comes back, which I am looking at it as if they are, I was just wondering.
    Not that I know of at this point but don’t look to me to be in the know.

This is kind of shocking to me. Mac McClung withdrawing from draft and entering the transfer portal, filing a waiver request to play immediately.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ransfer-portal

Sounds like Patrick Ewing boned his draft process.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    This is kind of shocking to me. Mac McClung withdrawing from draft and entering the transfer portal, filing a waiver request to play immediately.

Zags showed interest in high school. Mac is one of the best dunkers I’ve ever seen at any level and would be so fun to watch at GU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he isn't granted a waiver, he would be the perfect player to replace Suggs. Gotta believe that we are all in on him, and him saying that he wants to be a part of a family sure looks good for GU.

I may keep an eye on this one.

the issue with McClung from a basketball perspective is that is a SG. Not even a combo guard. I'm sure he would LIKE to learn and play PG to help his pro basketball aspirations, but hes not a PG at this time.
    He is a very explosive player and fun to watch and very skilled. Could he fit in 2022? Maybe, I'd have to see what kind've range in Dom Harris' game exists in terms of being a 75-25 PG and SG, and McClung playing some PG the other times.

My Q's about McClung joining GU would be if he would be OK with joining a team that is known for being ultra-balanced, that is GU's identity. Does McClung want to go somewhere where they are going to sell him on averaging 20 PPG taking 20 shots a game and being another Markus Howard for draft-stock purposes, or join a balanced team to win big but realize he will score single-digits many times and average 12 PPG, but also have some performances vs quality competition.
    Ironically, McClung is leaving a Georgetown team that projects in 2021 to HAVE to have him be the PG at least 50% of the time because their roster will be very inexperienced and he will have to carry them to be 5-13 in the Big East again. My guess is he feels he has to join a winning program and show he plays PG there and can take some credit for that.
    I probably saw 5 of his games in 2020 on TV

With GU as we've learned over time, the FIT of a player is just as vital as the talent of a player. And in this 2020 AAU mentality-world, getting the right player who might be a little less talented has proven to be more valuable than the hyped up athlete who is the wrong fit.

Quote Originally Posted by WRHUradio View Post
    the issue with McClung from a basketball perspective is that is a SG. Not even a combo guard. I'm sure he would LIKE to learn and play PG to help his pro basketball aspirations, but hes not a PG at this time.
    He is a very explosive player and fun to watch and very skilled. Could he fit in 2022? Maybe, I'd have to see what kind've range in Dom Harris' game exists in terms of being a 75-25 PG and SG, and McClung playing some PG the other times.

My Q's about McClung joining GU would be if he would be OK with joining a team that is known for being ultra-balanced, that is GU's identity. Does McClung want to go somewhere where they are going to sell him on averaging 20 PPG taking 20 shots a game and being another Markus Howard for draft-stock purposes, or join a balanced team to win big but realize he will score single-digits many times and average 12 PPG, but also have some performances vs quality competition.
    Ironically, McClung is leaving a Georgetown team that projects in 2021 to HAVE to have him be the PG at least 50% of the time because their roster will be very inexperienced and he will have to carry them to be 5-13 in the Big East again. My guess is he feels he has to join a winning program and show he plays PG there and can take some credit for that.
    I probably saw 5 of his games in 2020 on TV

With GU as we've learned over time, the FIT of a player is just as vital as the talent of a player. And in this 2020 AAU mentality-world, getting the right player who might be a little less talented has proven to be more valuable than the hyped up athlete who is the wrong fit.
    It is all hypothetical his interest in GU or GU in him...NWG was a very special and talented player when he arrived at GU. UW didn't play anywhere near the same style that GU exemplifies and he adjusted his style of play to fit in as well as he did and "IF" McClung were to have interest in and come to GU, he would no doubt have to adjust to the style the Zags play. "IF" he has immediate eligibility then our backcourt sure would be full of talent and since we only play with one ball, it would seem that PT might be significantly reduced imo...

Caldwell - BTW in your opinion, which of the two (Brown/McClung) might be a better fit for the needs of GU this season "IF" eligible or for the 2021/22 season???

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Sounds like Patrick Ewing boned his draft process.
    Yep. I wonder if Ewing’s conduct (undermining McClung’s opportunity to get solid NBA feedback by prematurely telling media Mac was returning to school) is the basis of his applying for a waiver to be immediately eligible. What other basis could a sophomore transfer have?
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Yep. I wonder if Ewing’s conduct (undermining McClung’s opportunity to get solid NBA feedback by prematurely telling media Mac was returning to school) is the basis of his applying for a waiver to be immediately eligible. What other basis could a sophomore transfer have?
    Flex I think that would be an excellent reason

Georgetown is a dumpster fire right now, but I really doubt we are favorites for Mac. UNC and Maryland are the reported favorites.

Which schools are after Georgetown transfer Mac McClung?

https://247sports.com/college/basket...all-147127366/

He's the type of player that every mid and high major program basically HAS to offer.

And yet it's only these schools (so far):

Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, Arkansas, USC, BYU, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Utah, Arizona State, Oklahoma State and Georgia

I don't understand how we'd have room if he gets his waiver.

Default General Transfer List v2.0

And yet it's only these schools (so far):

Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, Arkansas, USC, BYU, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Utah, Arizona State, Oklahoma State and Georgia

I don't understand how we'd have room if he gets his waiver.
    Best player plays. I expect Ayayi back, but if not, there’s plenty of room. Assuming all were here you’d see Ayayi and Suggs start. You’d have Cook, Dom, and Mac in rotation. I’d image we’d see three guard sets as well.

All they said, I doubt McClung comes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Best player plays. I expect Ayayi back, but if not, there’s plenty of room. Assuming all were here you’d see Ayayi and Suggs start. You’d have Cook, Dom, and Mac in rotation. I’d image we’d see three guard sets as well.

All they said, I doubt McClung comes here.

Maybe a 1% chance he'd come here, though I don't see it. I expect him to go to UNC, where Ol' Roy will give him the keys to the car, as he did with Cole Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Maybe a 1% chance he'd come here, though I don't see it. I expect him to go to UNC, where Ol' Roy will give him the keys to the car, as he did with Cole Anthony.
    Mac Macclung is a career 29% 3pt shooter, below average defender, and barely has more assists than TOs.

He's nowhere close to the player Cole Anthony was/is, and if it weren't for the interesting story about being baby faced rural caucasian guy who can do flashy dunks, he'd be far less well known.

He's never going to be the high-usage leader at UNC or any top-10 team.

Yeah, I don't really understand the appeal. He scores plenty, but his percentages are....not good. Thought maybe he'd compare to a young Pargo, but the numbers indicate sophomore Pargo was much better across the board.

Yeah, I don't really understand the appeal. He scores plenty, but his percentages are....not good. Thought maybe he'd compare to a young Pargo, but the numbers indicate sophomore Pargo was much better across the board.
    I think some of his fairly high usage and scoring (15.7ppg last year) came from Georgetown having several major injuries and 3 players transfer and/or kicked off the team 6 weeks into the season. It says more about the disfunction and bad luck of Georgetown than it does about McClung's skills.

Why all this talk about McClung being a point guard ? He is not nor has he ever been a point guard to my knowledge.

Why all this talk about McClung being a point guard ? He is not nor has he ever been a point guard to my knowledge.
    Because we should be good next year with Dom at SG would be my guess.

I think because if he wants to move to the next level that's what he needs to play.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus