Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Transferring Up Proves to Be a Challenge for Most Mid-Major Hoopers

https://watchstadium.com/transferrin...rs-04-13-2020/

Goodman article on the success of mid-major transfers moving up:

https://watchstadium.com/transferrin...rs-04-13-2020/
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    NBA level? Reached double digits in points twice all season. Poor shooter all around.
    He has a lot of potential. I would say i am 75% confident it is him from what i have heard from Texas fans i know who claim to know him.

Unfortunately, I speculate there is no mystery recruit coming our way.

Plausible options would have included Josh Christopher going to Michigan and Cole Bajema coming back home...
    or maybe Ziare Williams to Arizona triggering Benedict Mathurin (teammates with Ballo at NBA Academy and an international recruit that Tommy has had contact with). He has not signed NLI yet either, so makes sense. But neither came to fruition. I think our roster is settled for next season...

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsTilDeath View Post
    Unfortunately, I speculate there is no mystery recruit coming our way.

Plausible options would have included Josh Christopher going to Michigan and Cole Bajema coming back home...
    or maybe Ziare Williams to Arizona triggering Benedict Mathurin (teammates with Ballo at NBA Academy and an international recruit that Tommy has had contact with). He has not signed NLI yet either, so makes sense. But neither came to fruition. I think our roster is settled for next season...
    Maybe... but I would bet money that the guy Caldwell is talking about is Kai and not the guys you referenced. Greg brown to Texas would set it off

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Maybe... but I would bet money that the guy Caldwell is talking about is Kai and not the guys you referenced. Greg brown to Texas would set it off
    Should know more on the 24th, Brown is supposed to announce his decision that day.

I saw some posts about him earlier. What is the deal with him? Were we recruiting him before Texas? Any connection between him and coaching staff?

With Suggs inevitable defection, another spot opens

Could well be that Mr. Cook is our "new" PG...hoping that isn't the case but...

C'mon Jazz quit stirring the pot... the inevitable defection will be after one year in a Zag uni playing with his buddies... Jalen along with the TEAM will be taking us on another amazing ride.... might be a good time to stop with your doom and gloom proclamations, no basis or foundation other than internet heresay, as a long standing member of this board and someone who has come to your defense many times over the last decade plus... you are truly kicking a dead horse on this one ...

Jalen Suggs will be a Zag... be safe..

Not just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    C'mon Jazz quit stirring the pot... the inevitable defection will be after one year in a Zag uni playing with his buddies... Jalen along with the TEAM will be taking us on another amazing ride.... might be a good time to stop with your doom and gloom proclamations, no basis or foundation other than internet heresay, as a long standing member of this board and someone who has come to your defense many times over the last decade plus... you are truly kicking a dead horse on this one ...

Not just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    Guy from his AAu program also just tweeted that he will be a zag... fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post

Not just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    Not me stirring. See Suggs thread. Be safe, too.

Not me stirring. See Suggs thread. Be safe, too.
    I would agree that you are not stirring the pot, only because everyone here understands you know nothing of the situation, other than what is reported on this board.

That being said, you reached a conclusion that he is officially/inevitably not coming to Gonzaga, for probably the 20th time, despite the majority on here seeing that same information and feeling confident he WILL come. The reality is the rumors were likely based on the fact he was OFFERED $500k to play in the G-League, and the tweet which led to uncertainty in the last 24 hours probably originated from someone with even less knowledge of the situation than Jazz, considering the information Jazz has received on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoZag View Post
    I would agree that you are not stirring the pot, only because everyone here understands you know nothing of the situation, other than what is reported on this board.

That being said, you reached a conclusion that he is officially/inevitably not coming to Gonzaga, for probably the 20th time, despite the majority on here seeing that same information and feeling confident he WILL come. The reality is the rumors were likely based on the fact he was OFFERED $500k to play in the G-League, and the tweet which led to uncertainty in the last 24 hours probably originated from someone with even less knowledge of the situation than Jazz, considering the information Jazz has received on these boards.
    A very gentle, eloquent and accurate put down. I stand chided.

Guy from his AAu program also just tweeted that he will be a zag... fingers crossed
    Was that "Guy" or "Chet" or whom? And even more interesting, was your use of the word "he" a reference to Jalen or to that teammate?
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Jaden McDaniels entering the draft, in case anyone's looking for a talented guy to stroll about the court.

https://twitter.com/Jmcdaniels7/stat...960320/photo/1

Totally understand cynical viewpoint that Jazz took on the recruiting of Jalen.
    Let's hope for a great 20-21!
    I dont think anyone cold have envisioned the talent that is coming to GU now ten years ago! Maybe even five years ago.

Interesting note-- *Regarding Terrell Gomez*

"Alexander: Terrell Gomez moves on, from CSUN to San Diego State
    Transfer portal has become a vehicle for players to upgrade, and for the haves to poach from the have-nots

Forget his 5-foot-8 stature. Instead, consider his production. The kid from Inglewood High made a name for himself in three seasons at Cal State Northridge: Big West Freshman of the Year and first team all-conference as a sophomore and a junior, averages of 19.2 and 19.8 points the last two seasons, a 43.6 percent career success rate from beyond the three-point line (44 percent this past year) and the durability to average more than 36 minutes a game as a collegian.

While Washington State, Arkansas and Iowa expressed interest once Gomez went into the portal, the big two were San Diego State and Gonzaga. The difference, Gomez told Hasan, was that SDSU head coach Brian Dutcher contacted him directly and quickly. Gonzaga’s Mark Few let his assistant make the call, Gomez said."

http://www.dailybreeze.com/2020/04/1...n-diego-state/

While Washington State, Arkansas and Iowa expressed interest once Gomez went into the portal, the big two were San Diego State and Gonzaga. The difference, Gomez told Hasan, was that SDSU head coach Brian Dutcher contacted him directly and quickly. Gonzaga’s Mark Few let his assistant make the call, Gomez said."
    Makes sense to me. Nothing bad here. Just one program already having their guy and the other wanting him more.

I’m sure he’s good - but don’t think we need him.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Makes sense to me. Nothing bad here. Just one program already having their guy and the other wanting him more.
    Agree. Dutch needs him a lot more. Glad Few doesn’t swan after every recruit who has GU on his list of 15.

Agree. Dutch needs him a lot more. Glad Few doesn’t swan after every recruit who has GU on his list of 15.
    Few only calls players that are taller than him

Maybe GU needs some voice talent that could fill in. A whole team of Few impersonators.

Interesting note-- *Regarding Terrell Gomez*

"Alexander: Terrell Gomez moves on, from CSUN to San Diego State
    Transfer portal has become a vehicle for players to upgrade, and for the haves to poach from the have-nots

Forget his 5-foot-8 stature. Instead, consider his production. The kid from Inglewood High made a name for himself in three seasons at Cal State Northridge: Big West Freshman of the Year and first team all-conference as a sophomore and a junior, averages of 19.2 and 19.8 points the last two seasons, a 43.6 percent career success rate from beyond the three-point line (44 percent this past year) and the durability to average more than 36 minutes a game as a collegian.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/2020/04/1...n-diego-state/
    He definitely can say what he wants here, but once we got on Cook he wasn't even an option for us. Gomez has talent, but Gonzaga was looking for exactly what Cook brings.

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops

Wake Forest junior guard Chaundee Brown, who has declared for the draft and also put his name in the transfer portal, told me he has heard from Louisville, LSU, Gonzaga, Illinois, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Florida state, Iowa State, Minnesota and USC.

1:55 PM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone