Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Then you must not be able to recall Pangos, Raivio, Santangelo, and Dickau, because each had one or more seasons of shooting the 3 ball at a higher percentage and at a MUCH higher usage, rather than while sagged off or dared to shoot. I was thrilled that Ryan shot the 3 as well as he did (average 1 make on 2.2 attempts 43% on the year, for reference Perkins took 3x that many 2 yrs prior) but it's just ignorant of reality to claim that other Zag point guards didn't shoot the 3 ball better. I agree that Woolridge was a better defender than any of those 4 folks, but also a much worse FT shooter, and turned the ball over more than Pangos and Raivio.
    LT I respect your opinion that those four past GU PG's were better than Ryan and as I stated, I like butter pecan ice cream over all other ice creams BUT I do love me some Strawberry, Cheesecake, Chocolate and Vanilla too! Just like butter pecan more...

So asked this question in another thread and got no answer...does Ballo shoot FT's better than Filip?

College basketball transfer rankings for 2020-21 and 2021-22

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...020-21-2021-22

I may keep an eye on Matt Haarms, there is mutual interest to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I want him. Bad. The difference between us getting him vs Kentucky getting him could easily, easily decide who wins the championship next year.

After awhile, how much of a log jam is too much?

We already have FP, Ballo and Zacharov at the Center Position. I am surprised Haarms would be interested. Petrusev Pro? Zacharov transfer? I cant imagine we would have 4 dudes with that much talent at one position.... What say you?

With that said, Haarms would be a huge addition.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    After awhile, how much of a log jam is too much?

We already have FP, Ballo and Zacharov at the Center Position. I am surprised Haarms would be interested. Petrusev Pro? Zacharov transfer? I cant imagine we would have 4 dudes with that much talent at one position.... What say you?

With that said, Haarms would be a huge addition.
    Probably a PV redshirt even if Haarms doesn't come....

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    I want him. Bad. The difference between us getting him vs Kentucky getting him could easily, easily decide who wins the championship next year.
    Kentucky is not winning the championship next year, with Haarms or without him.

Petrosev,Ballo, Timme, and Haarms, what a 4 man rotation that would be.

I'd assume Zacharov would transfer if we got Haarms. But man, undefeated NC is not outta the question with this roster! Haarms gives us that extra rim protector and a possible stretch 5 that we could use. Only problem though, is that I can't see us running a small ball lineup with Kispert at the 4 with this many quality bigs. We'd be forced to run 2 bigs constantly but we could always have a rim protector with either Ballo/Timme or Petrusev/Haarms.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Petrosev,Ballo, Timme, and Haarms, what a 4 man rotation that would be.
    Still have to get Watson minutes at the 4, too.

I don't see Haarms coming unless Petrusev is going pro. (or one of Timme/Watson is the hypothetical transfer Caldy alluded to...)

Matt Haarms was #352 coming out of HS on 24-7 Sports.

Can he be a RS walk-on and not sure we need him...Pav might transfer or maybe he is already considering that and Haarms would take his scholarship...hate to see Pav leave...he was an active rebounder and just needs some PT to develop.

The one that would be the best transfer material in my opinion would be Arlauskas. I don't see him breaking into the rotation next year or even down the road. The Zags are recruiting at a higher level these days, and are recruiting over him. The other candidate would be Pavel, but he has more potential and could really use a redshirt year. I think he could help down the road. The tallent is there he just has to put it all together. Arlauskas has a much lower ceiling, due to his lack of athletic tallent. I really hope Timme is not going to transfer. He is a super star just waiting to happen. I don't see Watson trandfering since he is a hometown kid. With a 4 man rotation with Harmes, give Watson some time at the 3. Don't say he can't guard a 3, because with that size it wouldn't matter, what are they going to do if they beat him. They are not going to beat that wall. I can't wait, what a great time to be a Zag fan.

Saw several Purdue games this year. Haarms is a STUD.

I too am surprised he is interested. It would be about winning a Natty & not PT.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Listened to the cbssports podcast yesterday. They made mention of Haarms and a possible Gonzaga or Kentucky destination. I wasn’t sure if they knew something or they were just speculating. Sounds like the former.

Quote Originally Posted by MNZAGFAN99 View Post
    I'd assume Zacharov would transfer if we got Haarms.
    Zakharov would be better served undergoing the Olynyk Clinic next year than wasting a year transferring out and sitting out a year. Plus there will likely be a large exodus next year of players headed to the NBA and he will be a featured player for the Zags. I do not see anyone transferring out this year because a Gonzaga redshirt is as hot a commodity as is being a starter based on past trends.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Saw several Purdue games this year. Haarms is a STUD.

I too am surprised he is interested. It would be about winning a Natty & not PT.
    Haarms was a part time player at Purdue. He split time with Williams, and played 18 to 20 minutes a game.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Matt Haarms was #352 coming out of HS on 24-7 Sports.
    And Ja Morant was an unranked HS recruit to Murray St? What's your point? Dredging up rankings (notoriously inaccurate for int'l guys) from 4 years ago establishes what exactly?

Haarms is clearly one of the most impactful transfers available. And he'd be a terrific fit if Petro chose to go.

I love that Few & Co. is leaving no stone unturned. GU has had some special teams over the years but - if all shapes up just right - this will be the best GU team in history.

I’m not sure I’d see him getting any playing time unless Ballo isn’t ready take the mantle or Petrusev goes pro.

What was Adam Morrison ranked coming out of high school ? I think he and Morant both did ok. Haarms would be a great addition even if he was ranked #8000 coming out of high school. Just remember Jazz, we are Big Man U.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Listened to the cbssports podcast yesterday. They made mention of Haarms and a possible Gonzaga or Kentucky destination. I wasn’t sure if they knew something or they were just speculating. Sounds like the former.
    I wouldn't throw to much stock into it. There basketball analysis is spot on but they aren't much in the recruiting game.

If Haarms commits tho (not a bad chance here), you can say goodbye to caldwell's mystery transfer. That being said I'd take Haarms.

Quote Originally Posted by MNZAGFAN99 View Post
    I'd assume Zacharov would transfer if we got Haarms. But man, undefeated NC is not outta the question with this roster! Haarms gives us that extra rim protector and a possible stretch 5 that we could use. Only problem though, is that I can't see us running a small ball lineup with Kispert at the 4 with this many quality bigs. We'd be forced to run 2 bigs constantly but we could always have a rim protector with either Ballo/Timme or Petrusev/Haarms.
    I hope Zakharov wouldnt transfer, I think by his junior and senior year he'll be better than Haarms ever will be. Have to remember he reclassified or this could have been his senior year of high school.

Hell yeah. With the current roster, let’s push the chips all in for the season by adding Haarms. Worry about the following year later. Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, right?

I too think that Zakharov has tallent and will help the team down the road and I hope he stays. I am telling you though that Haarms is way better than most people realize.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Haarms was a part time player at Purdue. He split time with Williams, and played 18 to 20 minutes a game.

So how did he look in those 18 to 20 minutes a game?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.