Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Default General Transfer List v2.0

Leave politics out of this one, please.

This thread is strictly about potential transfers GU may bring in for the 2020-21 season.

Here's a summarized list of who we're in contact with and may transfer:

Johnny Juzang, G, Kentucky
    Jordan Bruner, F, Yale
    Bryce Aiken, G, Harvard
    Carlik Jones, G, Radford
    AJ Walker, G, Air Force
    Drew Buggs, G, Hawaii
    Trey Wertz, G, SCU
    Mystery potential transfer

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Leave politics out of this one, please.

This thread is strictly about potential transfers GU may bring in for the 2020-21 season.

Here's a summarized list of who we're in contact with and may transfer:

Johnny Juzang, G, Kentucky
    Jordan Bruner, F, Yale
    Bryce Aiken, G, Harvard
    Carlik Jones, G, Radford
    AJ Walker, G, Air Force
    Drew Buggs, G, Hawaii
    Trey Wertz, G, SCU
    Mystery potential transfer
    I would add "Mystery potential transfer '2'" to the list. There's more than one (and there always is). It's been awhile since I've brought up Tommy's quote .... "folks on the internet know about 5 percent of what's really going on".

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Cross Trey Wertz off the list.

Santa Clara transfer Trey Wertz has cut down his list to 11 programs, he told @Stockrisers: Arizona, Butler, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, Virginia, Xavier, Vanderbilt.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...982471682?s=19

Cross Trey Wertz off the list.

Santa Clara transfer Trey Wertz has cut down his list to 11 programs, he told @Stockrisers: Arizona, Butler, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, Virginia, Xavier, Vanderbilt.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...982471682?s=19
    He was never going to end up at Gonzaga anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    He was never going to end up at Gonzaga anyways.
    Most of these guys won't.

Most of these guys won't.
    That's ok, as long as we get the right 1 or 2.

Caldy, thanks for keeping this a safe place. Some of the other threads, not so much.

I hope this isn’t too far off topic, but I feel like the transfer market thing has gotten a little out of control. Santa Clara, a team that was 6-10 in the WCC and lost to the Zags by a combined 65 points has a guy committed to USC and another listing Arizona, North Carolina, and Virginia as finalists. I just don’t get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    I hope this isn’t too far off topic, but I feel like the transfer market thing has gotten a little out of control. Santa Clara, a team that was 6-10 in the WCC and lost to the Zags by a combined 65 points has a guy committed to USC and another listing Arizona, North Carolina, and Virginia as finalists. I just don’t get it...
    I get what your saying. WCC has some pretty decent guards though and with the right cast have a chance to really excell. Do I think they are AZ and USC good, time will tell.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    I agree and I touched on this a few days ago. These grad transfers usually are best served to fill a niche role on a team. With the exception of a few year every year, most end up being anywhere from somewhat serviceable to simply disappointing. UNC is a perfect example: last spring the signed Justin Pearce and Christian Keeling, both were listed as top 10 grad transfers. UNC ended up being terrible and neither of those guys did much at all on a bad team. So, we are in a very good place compared to most teams for 2020 as we needs grads to fill a role off the bench as opposed to actually being primary pieces to a team. Again, last year Woolridge was at least our 3rd choice and he clearly ended up better than all of the alternatives. With grads, it truly is a lot of luck and a lot of the coaching staff knowing what they are doing (and ours are the best in the business).

Luck plays a huge role. Look at Texas Tech last year with Mooney and that other guy I'm blanking on. Mooney was basically their starting PG. If they didn't get Mooney, they probably wouldn't have been in our way.

Luck plays a huge role. Look at Texas Tech last year with Mooney and that other guy I'm blanking on. Mooney was basically their starting PG. If they didn't get Mooney, they probably wouldn't have been in our way.
    Tariq Owens

And I agree with Zagblue, Grad Transfers are seldom top-100 level guys. If/when they are valuable starters on top-10 teams, GU has done about as well as anyone. (Matthews, Wesley, Woolridge coming to mind).

Idk maybe ??? Are did he announce his going pro?
    https://www.si.com/.amp-washington/c...ine-his-future

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HUSTLE View Post
    Idk maybe ??? Are did he announce his going pro?
    https://www.si.com/.amp-washington/c...ine-his-future
    Very intriguing. He will be a top 15 pick if decides to enter the draft, unless I missed something. But he does fit the profile of this mystery guy we've been hearing about.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Very intriguing. He will be a top 15 pick if decides to enter the draft, unless I missed something. But he does fit the profile of this mystery guy we've been hearing about.
    Poison. Could not be any less Zag-like.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Agree. Unless he grows up a whole lot in one offseason

He was probably the biggest under achiever of any highly rated prospect that I can remember. I thought he was the reason why Washington bombed last year. If you don't have passion for the game Gonzaga is not the place for you.

I understand this sentiment based on my limited knowledge. However sometime ago on these boards Anton Watson was complimentary of him as a person. They were big time rivals in high school.

Agree. Zags are all about family and togetherness and Jaden is the opposite.

I don't recall this fellow being mentioned before, but he looks like he could help us down the road:

"TYRESE MARTIN
    School: Rhode Island

Positon: Guard

Height: 6-foot-6

Weight: 195 pounds

Interested Schools: Arizona State, Butler, Creighton, Georgia, Louisville, Marquette, Miami, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Oregon, Seton Hall, Temple, Texas and Xavier

Martin started all 30 games this past season for an NCAA Tournament contending team. Rhode Island entered the Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament at 21-9 and on the bubble for big dance. Martin was a big reason why as he averaged 12.8 points and 7.1 rebounds per game on the season, while finishing strong with double-figure points in 13 of the last 15. Martin, like so many others on this list, will have to sit one season before he can play with two years of eligibility remaining."

https://247sports.com/college/georgi...9/#145529149_8
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    1h
    Radford graduate transfer Carlik Jones is down to West Virginia, Gonzaga, Maryland, Louisville, Radford, Michigan State, Marquette and Texas Tech.

Keeping Radford in the mix plus has his name in NBA draft waters. Good options on the table.

Yale graduate transfer Jordan Bruner is down to Baylor, Maryland and Alabama, per my young friend @TylerDeLucaTV. The 6-foot-9 forward who averaged near a double-double will be a major addition to one of these schools.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...796674049?s=19

Yale graduate transfer Jordan Bruner is down to Baylor, Maryland and Alabama, per my young friend @TylerDeLucaTV. The 6-foot-9 forward who averaged near a double-double will be a major addition to one of these schools.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...796674049?s=19
    He eliminated GU, KU, Duke, Louisville and picked the 3 least attractive? Boo-la.

He eliminated GU, KU, Duke, Louisville and picked the 3 least attractive? Boo-la.
    Ugly girls need loving too.

Charles Minlend from USF is grad transferring...

Not the greatest 3 pt shooter but he does everything else really well. Has had some great games against the Zags. I don't love the idea of poaching in conference guys but I think he'd be a terrific veteran fit.