Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Nobody, including Chaundree Brown and Gonzaga University, knows if he will be eligible to play this upcoming season but it is a distinct possibility. This is what we know:
    1) He just finished his junior year; he is not a grad transfer.
    2) He has entered his name into NBA draft yet is not hiring an agent thus keeping his college eligibility intact.
    3) He has appealed to NCAA for waiver allowing him to transfer and be immediately eligible. Basis for his appeal is that his coach at Wake Forest, Danny Manning, was fired. It would be a strong basis for an appeal but if bdmiller7 is correct that he entered transfer portal before Manning was fired, his basis for appeal is completely undermined.

Clear as mud.
    I have no idea how it actually works, but couldn't he just say that he was transferring because he saw the writing on the wall that the coach would be fired and wanted to start the process as soon as he could.

Zags landed their needed backup PG in grad transfer Clark so w him, Suggs, Ayayi and Harris the 80 minutes per game for backcourt players is set in 2020-21 season. If Zags are pursuing what by all accounts is a very solid Wake Forest player who hopes to be eligible and play final college season next year (via NCAA waiver since his coach was fired) I’m more than a little surprised. Dude is big and athletic enough to hold down the SF spot and seems would be more of a defensive stopper at the 3 than Kispert. Maybe he fits more as a small forward? This would mean Strawther, Arlauskas getting very few minutes which, imo, is far more likely than Harris getting recruited over.

The tweet I posted from Harris’ dad is a countdown to 2021 NBA draft. He clearly thinks Dom is a legit one and done. Interesting timing on that tweet of his.
    I love Dom Harris and have seen him play in person. Harris in my opinion isn’t a 1 and done.

Zags landed their needed backup PG in grad transfer Clark so w him, Suggs, Ayayi and Harris the 80 minutes per game for backcourt players is set in 2020-21 season. If Zags are pursuing what by all accounts is a very solid Wake Forest player who hopes to be eligible and play final college season next year (via NCAA waiver since his coach was fired) I’m more than a little surprised. Dude is big and athletic enough to hold down the SF spot and seems would be more of a defensive stopper at the 3 than Kispert. Maybe he fits more as a small forward? This would mean Strawther, Arlauskas getting very few minutes which, imo, is far more likely than Harris getting recruited over.

The tweet I posted from Harris’ dad is a countdown to 2021 NBA draft. He clearly thinks Dom is a legit one and done. Interesting timing on that tweet of his.
    Josh Perkins is one of my all time favorite Zags, His dad said Josh would be going pro (NBA) asap when he joined Gonzaga. I am so glad JP picked GU and stayed as long as he did.

Any chance the Zags would be looking at Oliver Sarr from Wake Forest. Almost 14 ppg and 9 boards looks like he could be a great addition if Petrusev happened to stay in the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I love Dom Harris and have seen him play in person. Harris in my opinion isn’t a 1 and done.
    I’m not suggesting he is either, just pointing out the distance between his family believing he is 1-and-done talent to him possibly being 5th in line for minutes at the guard position (IF Wake Forest guard transfer chooses Zags and is granted immediate eligibility) for Zags next season is a pretty huge difference in expectations.

Assuming Ayayi and Kispert return, I personally hope Zags stick w current group of guards and don’t add another. Harris has been very loyal to this team and instrumental in recruiting his classmates.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I’m not suggesting he is either, just pointing out the distance between his family believing he is 1-and-done talent to him possibly being 5th in line for minutes at the guard position (IF Wake Forest guard transfer chooses Zags and is granted immediate eligibility) for Zags next season is a pretty huge difference in expectations.

Assuming Ayayi and Kispert return, I personally hope Zags stick w current group of guards and don’t add another. Harris has been very loyal to this team and instrumental in recruiting his classmates.
    You gotta roll with the best players and move forward. Dom would have faced the same competition for playing time at any other school. If Brown wants to come, we take him.

Hmmm? I have always thought minutes were earned at GU....

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    You gotta roll with the best players and move forward. Dom would have faced the same competition for playing time at any other school. If Brown wants to come, we take him.
    Dom most assuredly would not face the same competition “at any other school.” Zags are a consensus top 5 preseason pick. Competing for minutes against the likes of Suggs, Ayayi, grad transfer Clark and possibly a senior to be stud from Wake Forest ain’t happening at any other school.

Big blah blah, where did I say Dom won’t have to earn his minutes?
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Dom most assuredly would not face the same competition “at any other school.” Zags are a consensus top 5 preseason pick. Competing for minutes against the likes of Suggs, Ayayi, grad transfer Clark and possibly a senior to be stud from Wake Forest ain’t happening at any other school.

Big blah blah, where did I say Dom won’t have to earn his minutes?
    I guess I meant at any other TOP school. Nothing is guaranteed.

Personally, I hope Dom is good enough to be 1 and done, as that means the Zags would be that much more dangerous to win a first NC.

Most likely talking to Brown about coming if his request to play immediately is denied. If not for that reason then they are probably taking to him about coming if Kispert or Ayayi leave. That is, if they are talking to him at all.

Any news on the mystery transfer Caldy?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
    Any news on the mystery transfer Caldy?
    I’ve been watching the ESPN Transfer list and have not seen any newbies except for that BIG from Wake Forest that just declared

Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I think you risk losing a really good multi-year player in Harris if you make him the fifth guard.
    JP where will he go? He signed up for the season and will be the starter as an sophomore, that is if Brown is eligible and if come to GU

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    JP where will he go? He signed up for the season and will be the starter as an sophomore, that is if Brown is eligible and if come to GU
    I have no idea. My statement was highly speculative. He has been a great ambassador for the program and I don't like the idea of recruiting over him with a one year player. My preference would be for a bench depth guy.

I have no idea what his expectations are or what the staff has told him. I agree that this scenario is a big "if" someone comes out of left field and relegates him to the bench. Adam Morrison has said that he really went out of his way to compete in practice his sophomore year because kids are coming in who want to take your minutes. I agree with the comment that playing time is earned and that if someone else is better that they should play.

Kids transfer often enough when they are unhappy for this to be a concern of mine. 5th guard off the bench at GU is basically practice team and mop-up minutes status. I'm sure it is a calculus that every coach makes in terms of immediate, short term gains vs the long-term make up of the team. Team culture and having guys who will pass the Zag way along to the next group is important to me. As a fan, getting to know players and seeing them for several years enjoyable to me.

National title or bust may be the goal right now, and I wouldn't argue (much) with anyone who thinks that accumulating as much talent as possible is the right way to go.

Cole Bajema transferring from Michigan. Lynden kid. Sounds like Oregon, Oregon State, Washington leading for him.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Cole Bajema transferring from Michigan. Lynden kid. Sounds like Oregon, Oregon State, Washington leading for him.
    I always thought he'd be a good Zag!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Oregon State and Washington both recruited him out of HS and if I recall correctly we were either not involved or minimally involved. He knows Corey from HS, Lynden Christian and Kings play in the 1A districts and state. Have to imagine we’ll have a chance if we get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Have to imagine we’ll have a chance if we get involved.
    Sounds like we are indeed getting involved: "WSU looks to have competition within the Evergreen State for Bajema, with both UW and Gonzaga also coming after him. "Some of the strong ones have been Gonzaga, Washington, Washington State, Oregon State, BYU, Pepperdine and more," Bajema told 247Sports’ Josh Gershon."

https://247sports.com/college/washin...tal-146940465/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Sounds like we are indeed getting involved: "WSU looks to have competition within the Evergreen State for Bajema, with both UW and Gonzaga also coming after him. "Some of the strong ones have been Gonzaga, Washington, Washington State, Oregon State, BYU, Pepperdine and more," Bajema told 247Sports’ Josh Gershon."

https://247sports.com/college/washin...tal-146940465/
    Do the Zags need another 6'6" wing in the next few seasons? He would be behind Strawther and Arlauskas (if he doesn't transfer) etc.?
    He could benefit by the Clynyk, adding some pounds to that frame, but would that affect his mobility and other areas of his game?

I have to trust that the staff has an idea of who will be here and what the Zags will need.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

With GU's increased activity for other sit one, play x years transfers, it feels like the ship has sailed on Kai Jones as Caldwell's mystery transfer. If he was the mystery transfer in the first place.

It's been what, 2 weeks since Greg Brown committed? Not even a silver of a rumor has surfaced out of Texas.

Unhappy Poof!

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    With GU's increased activity for other sit one, play x years transfers, it feels like the ship has sailed on Kai Jones as Caldwell's mystery transfer. If he was the mystery transfer in the first place.

It's been what, 2 weeks since Greg Brown committed? Not even a silver of a rumor has surfaced out of Texas.
    +1 -- Methinks Mystery-T has evaporated.

:[
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

The mystery recruit is still very alive.