Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Does this guy have any kind of inside information? His twitter feed is basically all fan-boy.
    No inside info. Also sort of needlessly rude and personal when disagreed though, though your mileage may vary.

Does this guy have any kind of inside information? His twitter feed is basically all fan-boy.
    Looks like ESPN is confirming his announcement. Not sure I would have made that choice in his shoes, but this is good for the WCC.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ms-commits-byu

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Haarms is a straight-laced 23 yr old from an overwhelming caucasian place (Netherlands). Maybe he just wanted to be among what he felt were his peers, culturally and maturation wise.
    Maybe all this is idle distraction since the 20-21 season isn't looking too likely.
    He wants to play at the place with the most boring, white persons?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Good for BYU and good for the WCC

Josh (2020 National Champions Gonzaga Bulldogs)
    @TheZagaholic
    ·
    19m
    Say what you will about Haarms to BYU, but Mark Pope made that happen. Hes a helluva recruiter and has BYU doing things they werent doing under Dave Rose. This is good for WCC Basketball.
    He is also an extremely HIGH ENERGY person on the sidelines...I hope they can recruit some backcourt players to solidify that team...I would love to see them become a strong team this season (if there is a season that is)...

No inside info. Also sort of needlessly rude and personal when disagreed though, though your mileage may vary.
    Thinking that everyone that has a different opinion than yours makes them wrong every time, sounds like he would fit right in over on the Kentucky board.

Haarms is a straight-laced 23 yr old from an overwhelming caucasian place (Netherlands). Maybe he just wanted to be among what he felt were his peers, culturally and maturation wise.
    Maybe all this is idle distraction since the 20-21 season isn't looking too likely.
    Overwhelmingly caucasian ??? Guess you have not been to the Netherlands in the last 20 years.

Josh at TheZagaholic that you guys are tearing down here, is a great guy with a love of the Zags just like all of us here. I find that the Zag fans on Twitter are very friendly as well as knowledgeable.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Seems like a racist statement. Or maybe you have something against Mormons.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Seems like a racist statement. Or maybe you have something against Mormons.
    I think that that is what JP was suggesting about the original statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Josh at TheZagaholic that you guys are tearing down here, is a great guy with a love of the Zags just like all of us here. I find that the Zag fans on Twitter are very friendly as well as knowledgeable.
    I didn't say anything to the contrary. I just said it doesn't seem worthwhile to be posting any of his tweets here, because he's just a fan and has absolutely no inside information, even though he tries to come across like he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    I agree with you on this. We have known each other (virtually) for a handfull of years on here and on Twitter, he does a lot of research before he sends out a tweet and is just a good guy overall.

Haarms committing early to BYU should be a good sign on where things stand with Filip, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Should know more on the 24th, Brown is supposed to announce his decision that day.
    @AdamZagoria
    The G League offer for Greg Brown was $300K, his dad tells me

Deciding between G League and maybe Texas it seems. Announces soon.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Haarms committing early to BYU should be a good sign on where things stand with Filip, just saying.
    Thanks, Caldwell!

Any sense on how like CK is to stay in the swimming pool after testing the waters?

I'd hate to see him stay at GU is the college season is cancelled next year but the NBA plays on (or vice versa). Too bad these deadlinesd all can't be extended another 2-3 months.

I think we should all be rooting for Greg Brown to commit to Texas today at noon. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    @AdamZagoria
    The G League offer for Greg Brown was $300K, his dad tells me

Deciding between G League and maybe Texas it seems. Announces soon.
    Brown should go to UA as he could get a lot more money than S300K, they have deeper pockets!

Brown commits to Texas... Does this clear us a path to Kai Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagSwag View Post
    wohoooo

Quote Originally Posted by ZagSwag View Post
    Any mystery recruit that this decision could effect still has to enter the transfer portal and then it is game on. Shaka is a good recruiter and I bet he is talking to all his guys, but I do really like the fact that Brown turned down the G-League for Texas.

Any mystery recruit that this decision could effect still has to enter the transfer portal and then it is game on. Shaka is a good recruiter and I bet he is talking to all his guys, but I do really like the fact that Brown turned down the G-League for Texas.
    Hes definitely been better at recruiting than winning games at Texas. A lot of top talent coming in with very mediocre results.

Hes definitely been better at recruiting than winning games at Texas. A lot of top talent coming in with very mediocre results.
    That is very true. I don't really get it, he was a good coach at one point in time, not sure why he can't win at Texas.

That is very true. I don't really get it, he was a good coach at one point in time, not sure why he can't win at Texas.
    I dont watch Texas much but they don't play that same pressing Havoc style he had at VCU.

I dont watch Texas much but they don't play that same pressing Havoc style he had at VCU.
    I've heard it discussed that he started doing this so he can recruit 5 star big men. But just seems like a square peg in a round hole with how he's recruiting and the best way he knows how to coach. I'm so surprised he hasn't been really successful there. Guy was a shooting star leaving VCU.

I've heard it discussed that he started doing this so he can recruit 5 star big men. But just seems like a square peg in a round hole with how he's recruiting and the best way he knows how to coach. I'm so surprised he hasn't been really successful there. Guy was a shooting star leaving VCU.
    I'd agree. Dont try to recruit the best players, recruit the best players for your system. I thought when he went there they would become a juggernaut. Not so far.

To me Smart just got lucky that one year and his team just got hot at the right time of the year. Before that one year run, most of his sucess came against smaller schools, and his teams had more athletic players. His Texas teams can't out athlete the big boys. To me he wasn't that good of a coach, his VCU teams just had better athletes than the teams that VCU were playing. Just my humble little opinion, for what it is worth.