Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    I don't mind the idea given that Suggs is likely gone after one year and we're not really recruiting a high level high school PG for the 2021 class. Would be getting a 5th year senior point guard who's been with the program for a year in 2021. The resemblance to Perkins is pretty striking, let's just hope he would be content as more of a facilitator rather than a primary option.

I do agree that it would be a little strange to use a scholarship on a sit out point guard when we really need a back up for this year. I wonder if the staff ultimately plans for Harris to take over the PG responsibilities in due time...
    We are in on some pretty high level point guards for 2021, but with the shut down of visits and AAU things have slowed on that end of recruitment. Hickman, Collins, Silva, etc.

So from the sheer number of messages that I have received I think someone has let the grad transfer that we are narrowing in on out of the bag. That being said I was asked not to mention a name, but the name is definitely out there for you all to research.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    So from the sheer number of messages that I have received I think someone has let the grad transfer that we are narrowing in on out of the bag. That being said I was asked not to mention a name, but the name is definitely out there for you all to research.
    Do you mean the mystery transfer? If so, I thought he was a traditional transfer and not a grad transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Do you mean the mystery transfer? If so, I thought he was a traditional transfer and not a grad transfer?
    Nope not the mystery transfer, a potential grad transfer.

Well, if the cat is out of the bag, it is blending in with the rest of the cats people have throw out there—for me at least. So the secret might be safe for a while longer.
    Last edited by JPtheBeasta; 04-06-2020 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typo: we/well

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    We, if the cat is out of the bag, it is blending in with the rest of the cats people have throw out there—for me at least. So the secret might be safe for a while longer.
    Lol you know that I tell you things when I am told it's okay to say something. I was asked to hold off on this one, but either you are all good at guessing or someone else knows something too.

There is a guy that fits this description that announced he is grad transferring that came as a shock to most people.
    If this is the guy, I am also surprised the Zags are going after him. Not because he isnt a good player, its just that the program has really good depth at that position already.

I'd personally rather see another experienced guard and ballhandler, but as always, I will completely trust the coaching staff on this one, and also know that the rest of the projected returners arent yet 100% either.

Quote Originally Posted by WRHUradio View Post
    There is a guy that fits this description that announced he is grad transferring that came as a shock to most people.
    If this is the guy, I am also surprised the Zags are going after him. Not because he isnt a good player, its just that the program has really good depth at that position already.

I'd personally rather see another experienced guard and ballhandler, but as always, I will completely trust the coaching staff on this one, and also know that the rest of the projected returners arent yet 100% either.
    Grad transfer will be a guard, traditional mystery transfer is not a guard.

Would the mystery recruit (pretty sure I know who it is) impact a potential commitment from Paolo or Chet? I could see why it'd be ideal for the Zags to have 1 of the 2 (Paolo or Chet) reclassify for 2020. We are in a great spot no matter how this all plays out

I'm really hoping THE grad transfer point guard works out. I know GU is being patient with things right now, but this transfer would be a perfect compliment and mentor to Jalen Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagAddict View Post
    Would the mystery recruit (pretty sure I know who it is) impact a potential commitment from Paolo or Chet? I could see why it'd be ideal for the Zags to have 1 of the 2 (Paolo or Chet) reclassify for 2020. We are in a great spot no matter how this all plays out
    I think we are in a good spot for Paolo and Chet, so I don't think this would have a huge impact, but it could. How well we develop bigs is the major draw for all of these guys.

Im guessing jalen tate, or daruis Perry. And since you can't say if im right, im going to assume that i am. What do i win?

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Im guessing jalen tate, or daruis Perry. And since you can't say if im right, im going to assume that i am. What do i win?
    You win a new truck. Adam Morrison and John Stockton will help you pick one out, tell them I sent you

You win a new truck. Adam Morrison and John Stockton will help you pick one out, tell them I sent you

Lol you know that I tell you things when I am told it's okay to say something. I was asked to hold off on this one, but either you are all good at guessing or someone else knows something too.
    Doubtful. Your clues could narrow it down but no way could someone correctly guess. Especially with a possible missed name in the post I mentioned. Unless it’s coming from the source or the school, someone blabbed.

Just want to let all my Zag fans on here know I do not believe it was someone on here that said anything, I trust you guys. The first messages I got on the name came from Twitter. That world is a new beast to me. I love this board and the people on here. We are all good, this was not directed at anyone on here, sorry if some of you felt it was, definitely wasn't!

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Doubtful. Your clues could narrow it down but no way could someone correctly guess. Especially with a possible missed name in the post I mentioned. Unless it’s coming from the source or the school, someone blabbed.
    It's all good the messages started on Twitter and there are many people that are close to GU, so probably someone else with some insider knowledge.

While I am on such a roll im going to guess the mystery transfer is Jordan Brown.

While I am on such a roll im going to guess the mystery transfer is Jordan Brown.
    I would say it wouldnt be him, because hes already sat out a year, and thats not an automatic waiver to be immediately eligible.

CaldwellZag- Is it someone that the Zags recruited out of HS, to a level where we kinda knew his name already that way? If you cant say I understand, hopefully no one is getting really upset that this is going on. It's Lockdown Cabin Fever

I feel like I missed something and I'm the only one who's doesn't know who you all are talking about

Lol no chance we soured on him in HS or he would have come to GU. Talk about some solid recruiting we realized what a bad fit he would be when we were the favorite to land him.

Quote Originally Posted by WRHUradio View Post
    I would say it wouldnt be him, because hes already sat out a year, and thats not an automatic waiver to be immediately eligible.

CaldwellZag- Is it someone that the Zags recruited out of HS, to a level where we kinda knew his name already that way? If you cant say I understand, hopefully no one is getting really upset that this is going on. It's Lockdown Cabin Fever
    I would not think many people knew we were on him out of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    I feel like I missed something and I'm the only one who's doesn't know who you all are talking about
    You're not the only one, super. I've got no clue.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I would not think many people knew we were on him out of high school.
    The mystery recruit could definitely use a change of scenery... I hope it's in Spokane (it reminded Turiaf of Paris)

I think I figured it out thru some detective work and clues on here. Good fit if I’m right and he’s willing to play a role as a senior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk