Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List v2.0

Seems there are going to be lots of good transfers available to help us deal with whatever happens at the end of the season. Here's a great PG option:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ransfer-portal

Wonder if Walker Kessler is ready to leave Carolina ? If so would we be interested ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Wonder if Walker Kessler is ready to leave Carolina ? If so would we be interested ?
    He was ready to leave several weeks back but got a bigger opportunity after injuries and played pretty well. I haven’t heard anything or read anything after his playing time increased. I’d expect Auburn to be the most likely transfer destination if he decides to leave—they thought they were getting him out of HS, family bought a lake house near the school, then he went up to UNC by himself on a visit and committed. Heard Gonzaga would be in play too, though. One to watch but I’m not sure how closely since I haven’t heard anymore after he started playing more and better.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    He was ready to leave several weeks back but got a bigger opportunity after injuries and played pretty well. I haven’t heard anything or read anything after his playing time increased. I’d expect Auburn to be the most likely transfer destination if he decides to leave—they thought they were getting him out of HS, family bought a lake house near the school, then he went up to UNC by himself on a visit and committed. Heard Gonzaga would be in play too, though. One to watch but I’m not sure how closely since I haven’t heard anymore after he started playing more and better.
    Update: One to watch quite closely. Kessler leaving UNC. I think he knows Gonzaga is the best fit for his skills but moving across the country is still the big question for us, like it's always been with him.

Update: One to watch quite closely. Kessler leaving UNC. I think he knows Gonzaga is the best fit for his skills but moving across the country is still the big question for us, like it's always been with him.
    Assuming he’d have to sit out a year as traditional transfer? If so,one year in the Clynyk then slide into Time’s spot
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Assuming he’d have to sit out a year as traditional transfer? If so,one year in the Clynyk then slide into Time’s spot
    The NCAA has been trending toward letting everyone play so we'll see what happens with that next year. Honestly if he has to sit that might be a benefit to our chances, although he probably won't know for sure when he makes his decision. We could use him next year but other teams will probably have more immediate openings. He would definitely help us, though. The Powell connection is in our favor.

I’d expect Auburn to be the most likely transfer destination if he decides to leave—they thought they were getting him out of HS, family bought a lake house near the school, then he went up to UNC by himself on a visit and committed.
    Charmed by Snake Oil Salesman Roy Williams. . .soon to be lured by the less than virtuous Bruce Pearl ??

Don't think Auburn is in the picture.

The NCAA has been trending toward letting everyone play so we'll see what happens with that next year. Honestly if he has to sit that might be a benefit to our chances, although he probably won't know for sure when he makes his decision. We could use him next year but other teams will probably have more immediate openings. He would definitely help us, though. The Powell connection is in our favor.
    PG's - Nembhard/Sallis/Cook(?)
    SG's - Joel(?)/Harris/Grad Transfer(?)
    SF's - Holmgren/Strawther
    PF's - Watson, Kessler/Gregg/Perry
    C's - Timme/Kessler/Ballo

Cook and Joel could leave and go play pro ball somewhere and just a guess but think we will have two transfers this summer...

Top five pre-season ranking?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

Cook and Joel could leave and go play pro ball somewhere and just a guess but think we will have two transfers this summer...

Isn’t Joel a projected first round pick? Not sure why he’d stick around. Hoping Cook does, though. Still need a good guard transfer or two.

We don’t have enough minutes. That is some potent lineups there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Isn’t Joel a projected first round pick? Not sure why he’d stick around. Hoping Cook does, though. Still need a good guard transfer or two.
    JAG I've read on here Joel is projected to go in the second round and also read that some think he could use a little more work and move up high in the 2022 First Round...as I said, he and Cook could both leave and then I'm sure Coach would recruit for a grad transfer or if the NCAA does allow one time transfers get a sophomore or junior transfer that would be eligible immediately...again, imho...

A fun exercise as we await Sweet 16 games. I think out of high school Anton Watson was more of a projected “3’ player in D1. He doesn’t seem comfortable in the low post on offense and his NBA chances mar rest more on the perimeter. Would be interesting to see AW play the wing for Zags after a summer of prepping for such...slim down a bit, less weights / more yoga, shoot 1000’s of jump shots.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Joel is gone. Cook is probably gone. Timme is most likely gone now. Nembhard may stick around. So this should look a bit diff. I imagine you will see a grad transfer or two. Chet I wouldn’t say is a done deal. Also Kessler will definitely start if he comes here.

- might as well get my 2 cents in on guessing who stays and leaves.......with a why

- cook leaves, why? if he returns he is not likely to see more minutes than the 12-14 he is seeing now. sallis is coming on board, coaches are going to want harris to play increased minutes, alway a possible grad transfer in the wings.

- ayayi leaves, why? draft boards have him late first round or early second round, that is money. staying he improves what? maybe some from outside, handles a bit, but i do not see him moving to early or mid range first round draft pick. now is the time to ride the crest of this years championship run.

- timmie, i think he stays. why? he simply has too much to improve upon to play nba ball. defense, outside shooting, he is not going to carve out an nba living off of his 'college' 'footwork' all that shuck and jive moves will not sell in the nba. i think he is a smart young man and he will take the advice of the nba general managers who will tell him he has area's of improvement.

- nembhard, returns. why? one issue only, 3 point shooting. his mid range shot is great, his vision and passing great, handles good. but his 3 point shooting is weak and must improve before any nba team is going to take him in the first round. plus i believe in the young man, i.e. i think with a year of work he can bring his 3 pt pecentage up to a consistent 40% or better.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - might as well get my 2 cents in on guessing who stays and leaves.......with a why

- cook leaves, why? if he returns he is not likely to see more minutes than the 12-14 he is seeing now. sallis is coming on board, coaches are going to want harris to play increased minutes, alway a possible grad transfer in the wings.

- ayayi leaves, why? draft boards have him late first round or early second round, that is money. staying he improves what? maybe some from outside, handles a bit, but i do not see him moving to early or mid range first round draft pick. now is the time to ride the crest of this years championship run.

- timmie, i think he stays. why? he simply has too much to improve upon to play nba ball. defense, outside shooting, he is not going to carve out an nba living off of his 'college' 'footwork' all that shuck and jive moves will not sell in the nba. i think he is a smart young man and he will take the advice of the nba general managers who will tell him he has area's of improvement.

- nembhard, returns. why? one issue only, 3 point shooting. his mid range shot is great, his vision and passing great, handles good. but his 3 point shooting is weak and must improve before any nba team is going to take him in the first round. plus i believe in the young man, i.e. i think with a year of work he can bring his 3 pt pecentage up to a consistent 40% or better.
    I think drew can become a lottery pick if he stays but I’m
    Just going off what the people in the know had said already. Which is he gone.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Joel is gone. Cook is probably gone. Timme is most likely gone now. Nembhard may stick around. So this should look a bit diff. I imagine you will see a grad transfer or two. Chet I wouldn’t say is a done deal. Also Kessler will definitely start if he comes here.
    I think Joel is gone for sure if we win the title, even as a 2nd round pick, and quite likely even if we don't. I don't know where Timme would go, I doubt he'd even be drafted right now and, if he was, it would be late 2nd round. He absolutely should return, get stronger, and extend his range. For what it's worth, I haven't heard he's gone from those "in the know" on my side. I can't imagine his goal is to play overseas. I haven't heard anything on Cook so can't really comment form any position of knowledge. In regards to Nembhard, I've heard that he is staying for next year, regardless of what happens the rest of the tournament. He isn't a player that would be drafted this year if he came out, at least not on any of the top projection sites I've seen.

- i confess i'm no judge of talent, and i have no inside knowledge, i'm just saying from my couch as i watch timmie play, i do not see his game exceling in todays nba.
    - while at the same time i can say i think he deserves his second team all american status.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - i confess i'm no judge of talent, and i have no inside knowledge, i'm just saying from my couch as i watch timmie play, i do not see his game exceling in todays nba.
    - while at the same time i can say i think he deserves his second team all american status.
    Right now. But if he adds more muscle and extends his range to the 3 line, with his footwork and moves he can be Kevin love.

I can’t remember the last time I saw Drew Timme’s name spelled correctly on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    I can’t remember the last time I saw Drew Timme’s name spelled correctly on this board.
    Huh? Literally spelled timme right, right above

Huh? Literally spelled timme right, right above
    You’re right, I exaggerated. Probably better served on the pet peeves thread.

Jaemyn Brakefield, a former Top 50 prospect has announced he will leave Duke.

Right now. But if he adds more muscle and extends his range to the 3 line, with his footwork and moves he can be Kevin love.
    - i agree, that is why i think he needs to comeback for another year, beef up a bit and work on extending his shoot to the 3 point line.

- that said if chet holmgren comes to gonzaga, he will probably be the 'big' (read tall) who few will want to take 3 point shots. drew might be asked to spend his time at or near the key, like this year.

- tough decision, can only wish him well whatever he decides.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    - no spell check on my computer for timme.