Thread: KANSAS

Default KANSAS

holy moly:

BIG news on future GU schedules: Gonzaga and Kansas have agreed to a home-and-home series, according to a source.
    Series expected to begin at Allen Fieldhouse in Dec. 2022, return game at McCarthey Athletic Center in Dec. 2023.

https://twitter.com/SRJimm/status/1244032393444384768
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

UNBELIEVABLE! Can’t wait for recruits to see this.

When I saw the headline, I clicked hoping for a different story.

- we will field very very strong teams.
    - a victory at fogg allen, would be on the same level as beating duke in maui.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - we will field very very strong teams.
    - a victory at fogg allen, would be on the same level as beating duke in maui.
    Better!
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Better!
    Agree. More like if we had beat Duke at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Agree. More like if we had beat Duke at Duke.
    No doubt! I LOVE our Kennel Club but the atmosphere at Fogg Allen is unbelievable. It would be like BYU (Marriott) on steroids.

My youngest will be a a Freshman next year. Already decided that we’re gonna fly down for that game!

GO ZAGS!

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    holy moly:

BIG news on future GU schedules: Gonzaga and Kansas have agreed to a home-and-home series, according to a source.
    Series expected to begin at Allen Fieldhouse in Dec. 2022, return game at McCarthey Athletic Center in Dec. 2023.

If accurate, then only two BLUE BLOODS remain - UK and Duke...such a shame it couldn't happen this year for CK's senior send off...maybe we could also schedule UCLA, MSU, Virginia, Tennessee and Villanova! Well most probably just a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    YES, me too...still hoping the NCAA will do the right thing...

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I thought that after I posted lol. If (when?) that story hits we'll have to put ALL CAPS and !!!!!!!!!!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

This is huge. Why?

Duke, as a matter of policy, never plays road games unless it's a part of the Big 10/ACC Challenge. Coach K hates the Big 10/ACC Challenge, largely because he doesn't like playing road games outside of the ACC, period. They play St. John's @ SJU every other year, but MSG is not an on campus arena, and there are usually more Duke fans in the stands than Red Storm fans in the stands for that game.

Kentucky will only do home and homes with blue bloods.

Neither will ever do a home and home with Gonzaga because they pretty much don't do home and homes with anyone.

Kansas was the last blue blood team who I had question marks regarding their interest in ever engaging with Gonzaga in a home and home series. GU hasn't done a home and home with Villanova, but I think both programs would do it in a second if the timing worked out.
    Last edited by CDC84; 03-29-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    . ...... GU hasn't done a home and home with Villanova, but I think both programs would do it in a second if the timing worked out.
    Look for Villanova as a possible “Battle in Seattle” opponent (once the new Arena opens) with the Philly game being played at Wells Fargo. That has been my thinking ... as those are the types of Battle in Seattle’s that we will see moving forward.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

I wonder if Kentucky would be willing to do a "Battle In Seattle" thing as well. Rupp Arena is technically off campus, and Few and Coach Cal have a history of playing each other.

Unless it's a crazy 9am PT tip, it would nice to get that GU/KU game on CBS. Same thing with GU's game at Arizona next season. It's been some time since the Zags have had a regular season game on CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    holy moly:

Truthfully...I would have preferred to see us play Kansas this year in the Finals of the NCAA Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Look for Villanova as a possible “Battle in Seattle” opponent (once the new Arena opens) with the Philly game being played at Wells Fargo. That has been my thinking ... as those are the types of Battle in Seattle’s that we will see moving forward.
    Agree. Others I like for Seattle: Duke (return game MSG), Indiana, Ohio State, Michigan. Hopefully they'll be CBS games too! A lot of the great old BiS games (UCONN, Arizona) were CBS games if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    No doubt! I LOVE our Kennel Club but the atmosphere at Fogg Allen is unbelievable. It would be like BYU (Marriott) on steroids.

My youngest will be a a Freshman next year. Already decided that we’re gonna fly down for that game!

GO ZAGS!
    Phog, not Fogg.

I wonder if Kentucky would be willing to do a "Battle In Seattle" thing as well. Rupp Arena is technically off campus, and Few and Coach Cal have a history of playing each other.

Unless it's a crazy 9am PT tip, it would nice to get that GU/KU game on CBS. Same thing with GU's game at Arizona next season. It's been some time since the Zags have had a regular season game on CBS.
    That is a Shulman and Bilas game on ESPN. ESPN does a better job than CBS.

How about that Kansas west of the Rockies..Wonders never cease,never thought I would see that,hope I'm still around to see it.
    Rob

Isn't the AZ game at GU this year???...we traveled to and beat AZ at their house last season or am I missing something...