• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markburn1
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2015

12 Elite Games in 4 Days

I look forward to these four days every year. Best four days in sport.
    The complete 2023-24 NCAAM season schedule on ESPN. Includes game times, TV listings and ticket information for all Men's College Basketball games.

All of a sudden, it pales in comparison to the fragility of life.

Still, I'm going to miss it.
  • Bogozags
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
    I look forward to these four days every year. Best four days in sport.
    The complete 2023-24 NCAAM season schedule on ESPN. Includes game times, TV listings and ticket information for all Men's College Basketball games.

All of a sudden, it pales in comparison to the fragility of life.

Still, I'm going to miss it.

I have been in front of the TV watching each March Madness game that was shown on ESPN (in the early going) and then CBS and then CBS, TBS, TNT and Court TV since the 80's...to say I miss it is an understatement; however, I agree with you this does pale in comparison to the fragility of life...am hoping the Administration can get control of this virus as it seems like there could be thousands of American lives lost in the next couple of months...

Comment

• scrooner
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I don't put much faith in 'the Administration' to get control of the virus. The help is going to come from our local leaders, businesses, schools and medical professionals, and from regular people doing their part.

Comment

• Markburn1
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
        I don't put much faith in 'the Administration' to get control of the virus. The help is going to come from our local leaders, businesses, schools and medical professionals, and from regular people doing their part.
        Funny that the people that think government is the answer to their problems are wondering why government just can’t wave a magic wand and take care of everything.

This administration is doing as well as any administration would. There are good people doing as much as they can. Any fantasy administration that people think would have done any better is just that...a fantasy.

Now, back to irregular programming.

I’m pretty confident that the Zags would have still been playing and the real nail biting would begin this morning.

Comment

• Gonzdb8
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2007

Funny that the people that think government is the answer to their problems are wondering why government just can’t wave a magic wand and take care of everything.

This administration is doing as well as any administration would. There are good people doing as much as they can. Any fantasy administration that people think would have done any better is just that...a fantasy.
          please stop talking politics/policy. would absolutely love to engage you in this discussion, but not here. stick to basketball. thank you.

Comment

• Markburn1
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
            please stop talking politics/policy. would absolutely love to engage you in this discussion, but not here. stick to basketball. thank you.
            I’m absolutely cool with that. I didn’t derail the thread. The purpose of the post was to have people think about the excitement that normally happens this time of year and where the Zags might be if games were being played.

I think the Zags would have had a tough game against the 8/9 seed. Maybe tougher than the Sweet Sixteen game depending on the matchup.

Few has gotten really good at game planning when he has four or five days between games. If Gonzaga had made it this far , I’m thinking they would advance to the Elite Eight.

How about you?

Comment

• MEZAG
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

I think it was the other guy that brought up "the administration" first

Comment

• Bogozags
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2008

No politics here just talking "hope" and no doubt each and everyone of us are "HOPING" the administration can get a handle on this virus...how are you getting politics out of that???

Have a nice, healthy day!

Comment

• Bogozags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

I’m absolutely cool with that. I didn’t derail the thread. The purpose of the post was to have people think about the excitement that normally happens this time of year and where the Zags might be if games were being played.

I think the Zags would have had a tough game against the 8/9 seed. Maybe tougher than the Sweet Sixteen game depending on the matchup.

Few has gotten really good at game planning when he has four or five days between games. If Gonzaga had made it this far , I’m thinking they would advance to the Elite Eight.

How about you?
                  MB I personally believe that guard play would have been the difference in our advancing...with two post-grad and one three year RS, our guards would have gotten us through the SS but all that depends on how the bracket would have snapped up. I thought having Oregon as the 4seed would have been another challenge for us BUT if Oregon would have won the P12 Tournament, then they would have been moved up to a 3seed...IMO...I think another key to our advancing is the play of Timme. The play of Timme and Filip would be another over&under shotgun for defences to guard...Timme is IMO a much better rebounder as he has never seen a rebound he didn't like!!!

I would have liked our chances with a healthy Tillie too! How many big men could guard Tillie when he puts the ball on the floor and goes to the hoop!?!?!?!?

Comment

• Markburn1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                    MB I personally believe that guard play would have been the difference in our advancing...with two post-grad and one three year RS, our guards would have gotten us through the SS but all that depends on how the bracket would have snapped up. I thought having Oregon as the 4seed would have been another challenge for us BUT if Oregon would have won the P12 Tournament, then they would have been moved up to a 3seed...IMO...I think another key to our advancing is the play of Timme. The play of Timme and Filip would be another over&under shotgun for defences to guard...Timme is IMO a much better rebounder as he has never seen a rebound he didn't like!!!

I would have liked our chances with a healthy Tillie too! How many big men could guard Tillie when he puts the ball on the floor and goes to the hoop!?!?!?!?
                    Guards definitely a huge factor. Woolridge and Gilder were stabilizing factors. What I was anticipating, based on the WCC tournament, was Ayayi being one of those players that the country gets blindsided by every March.

The Zags may have had two of those type of players. Timme was feeling his oats in the conference tournament as well.

Those two along with the known quantities of the rest of the rotation....

Comment

• zagamatic
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2009

I was really really looking forward to seeing how Woolridge and Gilder played in the tournament! Ugh. I think that those 2, more than most, would have been on a mission. Add into that TILLIE having his last go around, Petrusev being pretty predictable and Ayayi, Kispert and Timme playing loose and free..... ohhhhh the what if game is exciting to think about

Comment

• Spink
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Nov 2018

You quoted the wrong person.

Comment

• MDABE80
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spink View Post
                          You quoted the wrong person.
                          Lolololol Mark no worries

Comment

• gonstu
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Today would be elite 8 day for zags in Los Angeles. Maybe GU vs Oregon? I would have been LIVE in attendance ,just like last years Texas tech game.

Comment

• Markburn1
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
                              Today would be elite 8 day for zags in Los Angeles. Maybe GU vs Oregon? I would have been LIVE in attendance ,just like last years Texas tech game.
                              Yes. A rematch of the Bahamas.

I would be fairly confident in that matchup. The first game was played when the Zags were still trying to figure out each other's names. Timme was way raw. Gilder and Woolridge COMBINED for seven points. And Gonzaga still won.

I know Oregon had improved since then, but not to the extent Gonzaga did.

I'm thinking 83-69 Zags.

Comment

Working...
                              X