Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Opponents 2020-21

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    In the posts right before yours, I saw that Malik is declaring to go Pro in the Fall.
    Maybe Kuhse will finally get a schollie this year. He's started 46 games the last 2 years but is still a walk-on.

UW Isaiah Stewart declares for the draft

IsaiahStewart.II
    @Dreamville_33
    · 1h
    Thank you for all the memories #HuskyFamily. Can’t wait to fulfill my dream and officially declare for the 2020 NBA draft ���� #GGM

Smile Gaels' fortunes have taken some big hits.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    In the posts right before yours, I saw that Malik is declaring to go Pro in the Fall.
    Thanks, ZagsGoZags. I missed that info but found it later. My opinion on next year's Gaels is in the minority, obviously, but I like a lot of their players. Bowen and Ducas are/were freshmen Aussie recruits. In an early-season broadcast (forget which/who), one of the announcers praised these two for their potential, which I (not an expert) saw in various games. (They aren't the stud freshmen the Zags now recruit but, IMO, like some of our past recruits who worked themselves into valuable roles by their junior/senior seasons.). I also like New Zealander Dan Fotu (sophomore). He seems skilled & savvy to me, but is smallish vs. GU's bigs. Finally, Tass (starting center) was graded somewhere a 4* player (saw the site, forget which again). He was a sophomore this year with great opportunity to boost his skills till the season-ender injury. Now apparently, given info elsewhere about an iffy recovery, Tass may not be available next season (or part of it).

Finally, with Malik going pro, Randy Bennett's gonna have his hands full fielding a team worthy of SMC's rep. Really like Bennett & the Gaels. Hoping for a miracle to replace their lost/injured talent.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

totally agree with you Kidwell,
    if the zags were a so so team, SMC would be the amazing improbability of a small college, high school type gym, recruiting players nobody ever heard of, and graduating many players like jock (center about 4 years ago), patty mills, delavedova, ford, etc. that go on. Gaels gets national rankings over and over, whose coach probably is about 70th in NCAA D1 in salary. The better they have become, unfortunately for them we have too. They have had to chase us into the top 10 to continue to be the junior achiever from the WCC.
    Bennett in spite of a dour look on his face sometimes, certainly gets the love and respect from his players, and obviously is a master of X's and O's in tactics and understanding the slow game is best suited against us, but can speed his team up when that is a better match up against somebody else.
    Hasn't he gotten better about the handshakes at the end of games (esp. with Mark Few) these days?

Solid addition for Pacific

Marial Mading
    @therealmarial
    ·
    45m
    It’s only up from here, the next chapter starts nowDouble exclamation mark I HAVE COMMITTED TO COACH DAMON STOUDAMIRE AND THE PACIFIC TIGERS Tiger faceTiger faceTiger face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGtw5JLX4cY

https://chipolaathletics.com/sports/...ng_marial_v3by

Arizona adds Terrell Brown (Seattle U. grad transfer)

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...3ac70f878.html

Quote Originally Posted by jbslicer View Post
    Randy Bennett always finds a way to have a decent team. I wouldn't write them off.
    Matthias Taas will be back and they will have the POY from Washington, Jabe Mullins (that kid is legit).
    It will be interesting, but I am not betting against Randy Bennet. Granted, the league will not be as strong as this year, but there will be some good teams.

From what I am reading Tass will be back at some point, but not by the start of the season. We shall see.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Arizona's Nico Mannion declares for NBA draft

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ares-nba-draft

Funny to read some of the SMC doubters who again try to tell the world that SMC sucks, gozag####(sp?). You do NOT know what you're talking about !!

To the more enlightened posters here, you are 100% correct. RB will put a decent/good team on the floor that will get better and better. Got a 7'4" center that I believe was recently recruited by GU (?). Incoming recruiting class will be very good now and in time.

Please, just stop the hyperbole some of you. Prefaced some of your comments with "I think perhaps" rather than "emphatically" tell us your uninformed version of the basketball world.

To you great posters here, be safe (actually ALL of you), be healthy and remember, David can occasionally get a win.

Congrats Don. Was on your board earlier this afternoon, before news of Matt hit. Yes, GU did recruit him & he attended a game in the Kennel (BYU, IIRC).

Most here know that Randy is a terrific Coach. Think you guys obviously slip a bit with Jordan & Malik leaving, but the Gaels will find a way.

I believe the majority of the fans on this site agree that we want Saint Marys to be as good as possible ---we hope that Randy will field a good team. The better that St Marys is only helps the Zags record and metrics when it comes to seeding in the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    I believe the majority of the fans on this site agree that we want Saint Marys to be as good as possible ---we hope that Randy will field a good team. The better that St Marys is only helps the Zags record and metrics when it comes to seeding in the dance.
    Maybe it's just me BUT I also hope that BYU can regroup and put a decent team together as well...we need SMC and BYU to do well in OOC...BOTH of their success will increase our metrics along with UOP and PP...we want our top five to have an excellent season, which will make the WCC look better on paper...Hoping SMC can schedule as well as they did last season, win most of those games and advance to the Dance in March

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Don View Post
    Funny to read some of the SMC doubters who again try to tell the world that SMC sucks, gozag####(sp?). You do NOT know what you're talking about !!

To the more enlightened posters here, you are 100% correct. RB will put a decent/good team on the floor that will get better and better. Got a 7'4" center that I believe was recently recruited by GU (?). Incoming recruiting class will be very good now and in time.

Please, just stop the hyperbole some of you. Prefaced some of your comments with "I think perhaps" rather than "emphatically" tell us your uninformed version of the basketball world.

To you great posters here, be safe (actually ALL of you), be healthy and remember, David can occasionally get a win.
    LOL - so you're only a "good poster" here if you post what you want to hear? I THINK PERHAPS, MOST DEFINITELY that SMC is going to be bad next year. You lost your best 2 players and you weren't very good this year. You lost 5 WCC games, which would have been 6 had Childs been healthy. I think RB is a good coach, and he'll make your team better than it would be with another coach, but your roster isn't very good.

This isn't "uninformed". I watch as much if not more college hoops than you, and I watch the Gaels quite a bit. You're just a fan, I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    LOL - so you're only a "good poster" here if you post what you want to hear? I THINK PERHAPS, MOST DEFINITELY that SMC is going to be bad next year. You lost your best 2 players and you weren't very good this year. You lost 5 WCC games, which would have been 6 had Childs been healthy. I think RB is a good coach, and he'll make your team better than it would be with another coach, but your roster isn't very good.

This isn't "uninformed". I watch as much if not more college hoops than you, and I watch the Gaels quite a bit. You're just a fan, I'm not.
    Just me but if they weren’t very good this year but were going to be a 7-9 seed in the Big Dance I’m not really sure what good is then lol
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

OOC uncertain for all D-1 teams. Hurts mid-majors, WCC, and GU most.

Josh Green entering draft after freshman year at Arizona

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...n-year-arizona

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    ·
    5m
    LMU grad transfer Jordan Bell (7.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg) is headed to Pacific.

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    ·
    5m
    LMU grad transfer Jordan Bell (7.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg) is headed to Pacific.

How to win friends................

Washington forward Jaden McDaniels declares for 2020 Draft

https://www.bing.com/search?q=jaden+...RM=CHRDEF&sp=3

Washington Men's Basketball
    @UW_MBB
    · 1h
    “Erik [Stevenson] is a big-time scoring guard who brings a toughness and grit every time he steps on the court.” - Coach Hopkins

Welcome to the #HuskyFamily, @ej_stevenson5 Writing hand

#TougherTogether

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...erik-stevenson

Nate Pryor signs with UW
    https://www.si.com/college/washingto...for-third-time

Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    ·
    49m
    Source: Saint Mary's grad transfer Jock Perry has committed to UC Riverside.

Immediately eligible.

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    ·
    36m
    UC Riverside and former Gaels assistant David Patrick lands Saint Mary’s 7-foot grad transfer Jock Perry, source told
    @Stadium

Default Weird

Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    ·
    49m
    Source: Saint Mary's grad transfer Jock Perry has committed to UC Riverside.

Immediately eligible.
    That seems like a step down, why leave.?

Quote Originally Posted by zagmantis2001 View Post
    Didn't SMC have a center that was hurt?

Maybe he wants some starting PT.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by zagmantis2001 View Post
    Hes never played more than 7 mpg, might want to play his last year.