Thread: Corey and Joel talk about being leaders.

Default Corey and Joel talk about being leaders.

Good read. I haven't seen it shared.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...mp-content=amp

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The type of players the zags recruit are people you could enjoy being around your entire life. Good basketball players, great human beings. I saw Joel play as a freshman at scrimmages appeared as a selfish player and not much about team. He appears to have made an 180 degree turn and is a joy to watch and read his comments. That's why I believe so many players come back to Spokane, to be around people they can trust completely. whether Mark Few wins or loses you know he is working at changing lives and making better human beings out of his charges.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Fun reading!
    Gonzaga’s recruiting class was special, according to recruiting analysts. Presumed starting point guard Jalen Suggs, guard Dominick Harris and wing Julian Strawther form the highest-ranked recruiting class in school history. Suggs is the highest-ranked player to sign with GU.

“The thing I really appreciate about them is they’re so coachable, they’re so willing. They’re workers that want to get better,” Few said. “They’re tough, but there’s a learning curve, even when you’re the most celebrated level of high school player. This is a different level. Everybody’s good at this level.

“They’re in that mode where they’re starting to figure that out and having to make adjustments and learn that they just can’t walk out on the floor and out-athlete people or out-talent them, for that matter. They’re having to learn they actually have to have a plan and real attention to detail. The cool thing is they’re very open to that.”

One of my very favorite parts of following college sports is watching these young men and women sign as boys and girls and grow into the mature leaders we feel so connected to.