• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    It is now October 6th, so we are approaching nitty gritty time. Now that we know the season starts on November 27, it is time for the Zags (and the rest of the WCC) to figure out a new CBB schedule and post it online, so that we Zags fans (and fans of the WCC) can make plans and know when the games will be played. I already know I won't be attending the LMU or Pepperdine games (California still has strict COVID-19 rules), but the day I miss a Zags game on TV is the day it snows in Yuma, Arizona in July.

I do enjoy other sports, but I plan my entire life around the Zags schedule, and as of today, they have only one confirmed TV game, the Baylor game.

Exactly, just one. A bit unnerving. Can we assume the bubblicious games will be ‘cast?

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2009

BREAKING: Another huge college hoops nonconference matchup is on the schedule. Top-five teams Gonzaga and Iowa have agreed to play each other on Dec. 19 at the Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, sources told @CBSSports

This does mean that Gonzaga’s game vs. Texas Tech, originally planned for Dec. 19 in Phoenix, has been canceled for this season. Iowa was scheduled to play Oregon State in South Dakota in December as well, but that game is off, too.

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2009

Baylor and Iowa, shame we are losing Texas Tech

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
          Baylor and Iowa, shame we are losing Texas Tech
          Playing Iowa this season is a much much better game than Texas Tech.
          We gonna learn a lot about Ballo in this game cause Timme and Watson sure as heck don’t match up well vs Luka Garza.
          This is fantastic news!
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• OntZags
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
            Playing Iowa this season is a much much better game than Texas Tech.
            We gonna learn a lot about Ballo in this game cause Timme and Watson sure as heck don’t match up well vs Luka Garza.
            This is fantastic news!
            Much much? That's a bit of a stretch.

Iowa's defense was quite bad last season and no major changes to think much will change this season. I also think Beard is the vastly superior coach and Tech has some nice transfers. My money would be on Tech being the higher ranked squad at the end of the season.

That said, still love adding the Iowa game. I understand why they are getting so much hype early and their offense should be elite again this season. Will be a great challenge for the frontcourt to try & contain Garza and the rest of their offense are no slouches either. Great opportunity to real test the defense.

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Jon Rothstein
              @JonRothstein
              ·
              1h
              Source: BYU has emerged as a primary candidate to replace Notre Dame in the Legends Classic at Mohegan Sun. Rest of field includes UConn, USC, and Vanderbilt.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OntZags View Post
                Much much? That's a bit of a stretch.

Iowa's defense was quite bad last season and no major changes to think much will change this season. I also think Beard is the vastly superior coach and Tech has some nice transfers. My money would be on Tech being the higher ranked squad at the end of the season.

That said, still love adding the Iowa game. I understand why they are getting so much hype early and their offense should be elite again this season. Will be a great challenge for the frontcourt to try & contain Garza and the rest of their offense are no slouches either. Great opportunity to real test the defense.
                Iowa is a Top 5 team in the preseason rankings I’ve seen while Texas Tech is in the 15-20 range. That plus playing vs Luka Garza, arguably the best returning senior in college hoops and a mountain of a man, makes it a much much better game imo.

Agree w you that TTech will likely rise in the polls but for now as an early season game I prefer seeing Zags vs Iowa. Game will garner a lot more hype as two Top 5 teams than TTech game would. It will also give us a good early gauge as to how much trust and confidence Ballo has earned from Few and staff. Nobody else on the roster can come close to matching up 1v1 on Garza.

NCAA.com correspondent Andy Katz reveals his preseason college basketball Power 36 rankings for the 2020-21 season, following the Sept. 17 announcement that the college basketball season will begin Thanksgiving weekend.

Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• bigblahla
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                  Iowa is a Top 5 team in the preseason rankings I’ve seen while Texas Tech is in the 15-20 range. That plus playing vs Luka Garza, arguably the best returning senior in college hoops and a mountain of a man, makes it a much much better game imo.

Agree w you that TTech will likely rise in the polls but for now as an early season game I prefer seeing Zags vs Iowa. Game will garner a lot more hype as two Top 5 teams than TTech game would. It will also give us a good early gauge as to how much trust and confidence Ballo has earned from Few and staff. Nobody else on the roster can come close to matching up 1v1 on Garza.

NCAA.com correspondent Andy Katz reveals his preseason college basketball Power 36 rankings for the 2020-21 season, following the Sept. 17 announcement that the college basketball season will begin Thanksgiving weekend.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ankings/top25/
                  Zakharov is a physical specimen too, can outleap Garza, and if he can play good "D" he could battle him 1 vs 1, may not be as strong as Ballo but the young man has the tools.... everyone forgets about him. Don't know anything about his development but he's got the body and banging with Ballo in practice has to make you a man in the post.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!
                  "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Seem to remember the Hawkeye fans talking a lot of smack before the Zags gave them a beatdown in the Tourney.

Link to one forum:

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Irish_eliZAG
                      Kennel Club Alum
                      • Aug 2018

Nevada and San Francisco have agreed to a home-and-home series that will be completed in one season.

12/2 at Nevada
                      12/6 at San Francisco
                      Also:

San Francisco will play LSU and be a part of Elevate Hoops' (
                      @ElevateHoopsCBB) MTE in Lincoln, Nebraska.
                      Same event, different source and some more details:

San Francisco has joined the Nebraska event alongside Nebraska, LSU, Cleveland State, Illinois State, Oklahoma State, Nevada + Northern Iowa, sources told CBS Sports. At least four schools, including at least one more from a power conference, are heavily involved at this stage.
                      Last edited by Irish_eliZAG; 10-09-2020, 12:27 PM.
                      Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

• bdmiller7
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2017

Good work USF. Hope some of the other WCC teams are scheduling tough too.

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2009

Gonzaga to Play Auburn in Orlando, with the winner of Houston/Texas Tech waiting in the wings.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
                            https://twitter.com/slipperstillfit/...875214337?s=20

Gonzaga to Play Auburn in Orlando, with the winner of Houston/Texas Tech waiting in the wings.
                            I predict Jalen will be one of the NCAA's leaders in broken ankles this year...holy smokes!!! lol

Comment

• gonstu
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Wow- Few is really going aggressive.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
                                Wow- Few is really going aggressive.
                                I wonder how this will play with Mr. Holmgren. If Jalen's having a great experience here, I'm feeling good about our chances with Chet.

Comment

Working...
                                X