Thread: Injury/Status updates on Suggs/Harris/Strawther?

Default Injury/Status updates on Suggs/Harris/Strawther?

I've been anxiously awaiting updates, but haven't seen a SINGLE thing. Anyone?
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Yes! I've been very curious as well!

I have no firsthand knowledge, but my guess is you’ll see Harris and Strawther next at the next home game. I’m sure there are riding out quarantine in Florida and will fly back to Spokane.

As far as Suggs goes, we all know that Few notoriously does not share information about injured athletes, so we all get to found out about his ankle when the Baylor game starts tomorrow.

Few previously said there was no way that Harris and Strawther were going to Indy. He didn't know when they would be allowed to leave quarantine in Florida. Assuming they started counting days from Friday-the day of the Auburn game, we are on day 8. Day 14 would be Dec 10th-assuming they can test negative by then.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Few previously said there was no way that Harris and Strawther were going to Indy. He didn't know when they would be allowed to leave quarantine in Florida. Assuming they started counting days from Friday-the day of the Auburn game, we are on day 8. Day 14 would be Dec 10th-assuming they can test negative by then.

ZZ
    What a bummer for these two youngsters to have to watch this game on tv like the rest of us. At least they’ll get to listen to Raftery. My favorite college hoops tv commentator.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    What a bummer for these two youngsters to have to watch this game on tv like the rest of us. At least they’ll get to listen to Raftery. My favorite college hoops tv commentator.
    As long as both teams agree to start the game in a zone I'm ok with Raftery.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    As long as both teams agree to start the game in a zone I'm ok with Raftery.
    That statement is a nickel/dimer. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    That statement is a nickel/dimer. Haha.
    Everybody has to help now....

I knew Billy a bit years ago and off camera he’s the same guy. Fun, ribald, warm, imbiber.

CDC did push the quarantine time back to 7-10 days. I'm not sure of the affect this may have on Harris and Strawther as I believe their quarantine began Thanksgiving day or the day before? If you do the math they fall within the latest quidelines.

Local public health authorities determine and establish the quarantine options for their jurisdictions. CDC currently recommends a quarantine period of 14 days. However, based on local circumstances and resources, the following options to shorten quarantine are acceptable alternatives.

Quarantine can end after Day 10 without testing and if no symptoms have been reported during daily monitoring.
    With this strategy, residual post-quarantine transmission risk is estimated to be about 1% with an upper limit of about 10%.
    When diagnostic testing resources are sufficient and available (see bullet 3, below), then quarantine can end after Day 7 if a diagnostic specimen tests negative and if no symptoms were reported during daily monitoring. The specimen may be collected and tested within 48 hours before the time of planned quarantine discontinuation (e.g., in anticipation of testing delays), but quarantine cannot be discontinued earlier than after Day 7.
    With this strategy, the residual post-quarantine transmission risk is estimated to be about 5% with an upper limit of about 12%.
    In both cases, additional criteria (e.g., continued symptom monitoring and masking through Day 14) must be met and are outlined in the full text.

Link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...uarantine.html

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Raft is awesome, he's the anti-Bill Walton.
    UNITED WE ZAG, BAY-BEE, UNITED WE ZAG

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Everybody has to help now....

I knew Billy a bit years ago and off camera he’s the same guy. Fun, ribald, warm, imbiber.
    Way O/T, but I'll never forget the post game parties when we were in Albuquerque for UTEP-UNM. It's been 30+ years since those days, but the bar in the Marriott was the place to be. After one nail biter of a game, another tough loss for UNM, who should sit next to me at the bar but their coach, Gary Colson. He was as friendly as could be, considering the outcome, I enjoyed our conversation.

I never really left the Snake Pit, the forerunner of the Kennel Club. I'm sure that enthusiasm will be on display in Waco, when we take on the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    CDC did push the quarantine time back to 7-10 days. I'm not sure of the affect this may have on Harris and Strawther as I believe their quarantine began Thanksgiving day or the day before? If you do the math they fall within the latest quidelines.

Local public health authorities determine and establish the quarantine options for their jurisdictions. CDC currently recommends a quarantine period of 14 days. However, based on local circumstances and resources, the following options to shorten quarantine are acceptable alternatives.

Quarantine can end after Day 10 without testing and if no symptoms have been reported during daily monitoring.
    With this strategy, residual post-quarantine transmission risk is estimated to be about 1% with an upper limit of about 10%.
    When diagnostic testing resources are sufficient and available (see bullet 3, below), then quarantine can end after Day 7 if a diagnostic specimen tests negative and if no symptoms were reported during daily monitoring. The specimen may be collected and tested within 48 hours before the time of planned quarantine discontinuation (e.g., in anticipation of testing delays), but quarantine cannot be discontinued earlier than after Day 7.
    With this strategy, the residual post-quarantine transmission risk is estimated to be about 5% with an upper limit of about 12%.
    In both cases, additional criteria (e.g., continued symptom monitoring and masking through Day 14) must be met and are outlined in the full text.

Link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...uarantine.html
    This is all accurate. CDC just provides recommended guidelines. And, as you say, they now have some options for shorter quarantine. Most organizations, businesses, government, etc. follow CDC guidelines but they aren't law. To your point, state/local governments set rules by orders or regulations, which can be greater or lesser than what CDC guidelines say. Same for employers/organizations. Individuals and organizations have to conform to state/local orders or regulations; but, they can choose to be more strict if they want or, if not precluded by state/local orders and regulations, they can follow CDC guidelines or do something less (latter is not advisable because they would be assuming liability risk of a civil claim or possible OSHA/DOH citation if something goes wrong).

From Jim Meehan pregame story posted on Spokeman Review Friday evening: Suggs suffered an ankle injury in Wednesday’s win, but returned in the second half. He’s been sore the past few days but he’s expected to play.

Link:https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...toughest-chal/

Probably written shortly after the WV game and nothing new, but still front page on ESPN Mens BB page.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ulldogs-injury
    It's not funny.

Ummm,, this article says Watson is out w shoulder injury. Can anyone confirm?

https://pacificnwsports.com/gonzaga-...ies-odds-more/
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1