Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Future Opponents 2020-21

Upside/downside of huge money to be gained/ or lost. ...time to rise if Big 10 does it so will the rest of the power 5. In many ways this is good news. Let’s resume

Please let this game happen. I'm still holding a little grudge about the 1 - 2 switch without losing a game. Other than the B of A loss to Michigan a month prior.

So the Pac-12 games could be on? Arizona, USC and Washington? With Baylor being added to the schedule this season, how will this work with a 27 game season? Does GU ditch the scrubs on the schedule?

PAC-12 Basketball: Preseason power rankings for 2020-21 season

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/09/...020-21-season/

Cougs ahead of the Huskies?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    33m
    Beard on status of GU-Texas Tech Dec. 19 matchup: "Not sure what will happen with Gonzaga game right now, but we know that’s the kind of game we want to play."
    Texas Tech playing a game vs. SEC, Big East and Preseason NIT.

Smile Sounds Official!

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Excuse Kiddwell's ignorance, why Indianapolis?

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

An island of good news in a sea of turbulence. Happy to see this match-up will kick off the CBS season. FWIW: Final Four is in Indy this year.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

From the Indy Star:

Two top-five college basketball teams, Gonzaga and Baylor, will face off Dec. 5 at Banker Life Fieldhouse, but no fans will be in attendance.

The decision to prevent fans from attending is part of a controlled environment in Indianapolis coordinated by Pacers Sports & Entertainment and Indiana Sports Corp. Organizers will work with the Marion County Health Department to implement appropriate COVID-19 protocols, as well, to help protect the health and safety all of players, coaches and staff.

Gonzaga returns its core of Corey Kispert, Joel Ayayi and Drew Timme. Baylor returns its top three leading scorers in All-America candidate Jared Butler, Davion Mitchell and MaCio Teague, along with Naismith Defensive Player of the Year finalist Mark Vital.

Default CBS - The Lead-In to that day's SEC Football Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    An island of good news in a sea of turbulence. Happy to see this match-up will kick off the CBS season. FWIW: Final Four is in Indy this year.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...apolis-on-cbs/

Love the showcase! Barring some kind of rankings movement between now and then, this's a No. 1 vs. No. 2. Hopefully both teams are undefeated going into the game.

Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Sabonis will be able to host the boys when they are in town (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    From the Indy Star:
    fabulous news !!!!

Gonzaga and Arizona have mutually agreed to move the return game of our current series that was scheduled to be played in Spokane during the 2020-21 season back to the 2021-22 season. The date of the new game is TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Excuse Kiddwell's ignorance, why Indianapolis?

I am not sure Baylor will be at Orlando. Their Jimmy V opponent, Rutgers, just pulled out.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Gonzaga and Arizona have mutually agreed to move the return game of our current series that was scheduled to be played in Spokane during the 2020-21 season back to the 2021-22 season. The date of the new game is TBD.
    This is disappointing, but I expected it to happen. I would imagine the new date is sometime in December of 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    This is disappointing, but I expected it to happen. I would imagine the new date is sometime in December of 2021.
    Maybe the Chipmunk will be in cuffs by then.

Does anybody know the story behind Rutgers pulling out?
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Does anybody know the story behind Rutgers pulling out?
    New Jersey has toughened activity. Cases spiking.
    Last edited by jazzdelmar; 10-06-2020 at 08:54 AM.

It is now October 6th, so we are approaching nitty gritty time. Now that we know the season starts on November 27, it is time for the Zags (and the rest of the WCC) to figure out a new CBB schedule and post it online, so that we Zags fans (and fans of the WCC) can make plans and know when the games will be played. I already know I won't be attending the LMU or Pepperdine games (California still has strict COVID-19 rules), but the day I miss a Zags game on TV is the day it snows in Yuma, Arizona in July.

I do enjoy other sports, but I plan my entire life around the Zags schedule, and as of today, they have only one confirmed TV game, the Baylor game.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    It is now October 6th, so we are approaching nitty gritty time. Now that we know the season starts on November 27, it is time for the Zags (and the rest of the WCC) to figure out a new CBB schedule and post it online, so that we Zags fans (and fans of the WCC) can make plans and know when the games will be played. I already know I won't be attending the LMU or Pepperdine games (California still has strict COVID-19 rules), but the day I miss a Zags game on TV is the day it snows in Yuma, Arizona in July.

I do enjoy other sports, but I plan my entire life around the Zags schedule, and as of today, they have only one confirmed TV game, the Baylor game.

Exactly, just one. A bit unnerving. Can we assume the bubblicious games will be ‘cast?

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...090219009?s=20

BREAKING: Another huge college hoops nonconference matchup is on the schedule. Top-five teams Gonzaga and Iowa have agreed to play each other on Dec. 19 at the Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, sources told @CBSSports
    https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...802254336?s=20

This does mean that Gonzaga’s game vs. Texas Tech, originally planned for Dec. 19 in Phoenix, has been canceled for this season. Iowa was scheduled to play Oregon State in South Dakota in December as well, but that game is off, too.

Baylor and Iowa, shame we are losing Texas Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Baylor and Iowa, shame we are losing Texas Tech
    Playing Iowa this season is a much much better game than Texas Tech.
    We gonna learn a lot about Ballo in this game cause Timme and Watson sure as heck don’t match up well vs Luka Garza.
    This is fantastic news!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Playing Iowa this season is a much much better game than Texas Tech.
    We gonna learn a lot about Ballo in this game cause Timme and Watson sure as heck don’t match up well vs Luka Garza.
    This is fantastic news!
    Much much? That's a bit of a stretch.

Iowa's defense was quite bad last season and no major changes to think much will change this season. I also think Beard is the vastly superior coach and Tech has some nice transfers. My money would be on Tech being the higher ranked squad at the end of the season.

That said, still love adding the Iowa game. I understand why they are getting so much hype early and their offense should be elite again this season. Will be a great challenge for the frontcourt to try & contain Garza and the rest of their offense are no slouches either. Great opportunity to real test the defense.