Thread: **Quarantine Remedy** - Past Gonzaga NCAA Tournament Viewing Guide

Hybrid View

Default **Quarantine Remedy** - Past Gonzaga NCAA Tournament Viewing Guide

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hyNkvCOMw/edit

I'm sure I'm not the only one around here that is still struggling to come to terms that we are without the NCAA Tournament this year. The only remedy that comes to mind is revisiting past Zag tournament games and reflecting on the the wild ride we have been on. I have created a google spreadsheet (linked above) of all GU tournament games and associated links to watch each game in it's entirety. There are still a number of games that I have been unable to find online (Youtube & Reddit). It would be great to crowd source fellow Zags to either find links for these games or upload recordings and fill the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet can be edited by anyone. Hang in there, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011Zag View Post

I'm sure I'm not the only one around here that is still struggling to come to terms that we are without the NCAA Tournament this year. The only remedy that comes to mind is revisiting past Zag tournament games and reflecting on the the wild ride we have been on. I have created a google spreadsheet (linked above) of all GU tournament games and associated links to watch each game in it's entirety. There are still a number of games that I have been unable to find online (Youtube & Reddit). It would be great to crowd source fellow Zags to either find links for these games or upload recordings and fill the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet can be edited by anyone. Hang in there, everyone.
    There's way to many L's in there, 2011! Can you fix that?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011Zag View Post

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for putting this together. I hope folks can add to this list. It's a shame that these games have gotten harder and harder to track down.
    Anyway, I decided to watch GU vs Indiana State (2011 I believe).
    Here are a few quick observations: GU is light years ahead of where we were in 2011. That was not great basketball. Wow! I really think the 2020 team would have been up 20 at half on the 2011 team.
    The athleticism and size disparity is enormous. Watching that was fun because the growth of the GU program, like a nephew you haven't seen in 9 years, sneaks up on you.
    Some people have a way with words. Some people not have way.

Second round ‘00 win over St. John’s remains one of my all time favorite Zag games. Top 3 for sure. Some vintage Gus Johnson moments in there too. Oh, and TMI but the last couple of decades my Library passcode is “8276”.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aOla2INI6xc

2011 Gonzaga vs St Johns

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S0dWLZkY4SQ

2009 Gonzaga vs Western Kentucky - keep following till part 9. Shows full thing and postgame reaction

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SHB0swhzANs

2013 Gonzaga vs Southern

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GkpIJStEnLk

2013 Gonzaga vs Wichita State
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Also with respect to you and fellow zags I don’t wanna mess up your cool spreadsheet so I’ll leave it like it is and have someone more tech savvy then me add them.

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Also can we get this to the hall of fame please? Finding the links to the 2017 run isn’t very easy. At least we can keep them
    In there and it’s be easy for someone like me to find them when I wanna watch them

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

I watched the '99 team last night: Stanford, Florida and UCONN. That team was really awesome. I forget how great they were. Santangila: I think he was perhaps the best or one of the best 3 (Santangelo, Dickau, Nigel Williams Goss) point guards ever to wear a Zag uni. And Frahm the best shooter. And Casey Calvary the second best power forward behind Sabonis. It's always fun to listen to Gus Johnson announce that game and his famous outcry at the end of the game, "And the slipper still fits" is etched into our consciousness forever.

I'm looking forward to watching more Zag basketball today. Thanks 2011Zag, and gonzagafan I hope to watch some of yours too. Thanks.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Watched the 2005 EWU game on SWX last night. Fun except for Heister continually mentioning the upcoming Sonics game. Made it kinda sad.

Nothing came out of the 2014 or 2016 spreadsheets for Gonzaga. I’m out of strings from pull. Enjoy however what I did bring. I hope that’s more than enough for the bored community lol

Go zags

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

One more bit of info... if you for whatever crazy reason you wanna watch Gonzaga vs Syracuse and don’t wanna listen to the foreign announcers then there is an American version on YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=88m6pe...ature=youtu.be

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

tHIS may the best thread ever
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    tHIS may the best thread ever
    I hope you’ve been able to watch many games reborn. I know when I stumbled on the 2018 and 2019 games it was a gold mine. I’ve already watched many of them!

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Has anyone been able to locate the West Virginia v. Gonzaga 2017 game in English on YouTube? The full game itself, not just the highlights. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    Has anyone been able to locate the West Virginia v. Gonzaga 2017 game in English on YouTube? The full game itself, not just the highlights. Thanks.
    Nope. Looked everywhere for it. Have not come across it at all

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR