Thread: KREM video with Admon Gilder

Default KREM video with Admon Gilder

Just an end of the year sort of story!

'It really hit me hard': Gonzaga's Gilder reflects on NCAA Tournament cancellation, career at GU

SPOKANE, Wash. — When the NCAA Tournament was canceled a week and a half ago, it shook Gonzaga fans and this area to the core. But no one was more affected by it from Spokane than the three seniors on Gonzaga’s squad.

"It really hit me hard because that was one of the things I had dreamed about," said Gonzaga guard Admon Gilder. "I was really angry. I was looking at my phone. I had to put it down a lot because people were texting me, 'I’m sorry that all this happened.'"
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Good read and good video
    Love the zags for life

Interesting quote where he mentions Filip and unfinished business

thanks for the video Radbooks. This is a great video AFTER THE END OF THE SEASON. He talks about he and other Zags reacted to the bad news. Very touching. Gilder really grew on me over the year, and he really became a very very important player on the team. To have a player with his talent and experience coming in off the bench was just so important to the success of the team. He's right up there with Collins in my mind as the bench player since '99. Im not sure if Micah Downs was also in this role. Am I correct? He had it all. The greatest of them all was his defense imo. He said he'd like to come back and play another year if it happens. Wow! That would be sooooooo cool.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

To begin, lest I forget, Thank You Rad for sharing this with us!!!

I am just so proud to be a fan of Gonzaga University and it's sports teams, especially so regarding Coach Few and his staff on their continued selection of such fine young men. Gilder is an example of the recruits he brings to this university to represent Gonzaga. Listening to him brought tears to my eyes, because of how much his one year at GU meant to him and his family. I'm sure Coach Few could have gone after many recruits but he specifically recruits those "kids" that are or will be come men in the continuing mold of GU student/athletes.

Thank You Admon, Coach Few and his staff!!!

Go Zags!!!

PS: On a side note imo it would be great if the NCAA allowed the seniors another year of eligibility and Admon and Ryan were allowed to come back!

Admon
    You did put your stamp on the program......
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Thank you! Radbooks