• Przemek

27 71.05%
  • Richie Frahm

10 26.32%
  • Cory Kispert

1 2.63%

Thread: Best Zags by the Numbers - 24

Default Best Zags by the Numbers - 24

Deciding who is the best Zag to have worn #24 is gonna be tough. Two of my favorites lead the list; Richie Frahm and of course Pzemek. Our current star Cory Kispert is building his claim as well.

Who else should be mentioned?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

As I commented in the number 20 thread - Kyle Bankhead wore #24 until his senior year, so gotta give him an honorable mention shoutout here.

Everyone loves Mt Karnowski (how can you not), and I'm a huge fan of the current 24 Corey Kispert.

I'm partial to Richie Frahm though. To this day, the purest Zag shooter I've ever seen from deep. I was at midnight madness for his senior year (my freshman year), and he won the 3 pt shootout in a landslide. Didn't even need to jump...just effortless flick of the wrist, one after another. I think he hit the rim on only one or two of his makes. He was simply a long distance machine.

Quote Originally Posted by FriarZag View Post
    As I commented in the number 20 thread - Kyle Bankhead wore #24 until his senior year, so gotta give him an honorable mention shoutout here.

Everyone loves Mt Karnowski (how can you not), and I'm a huge fan of the current 24 Corey Kispert.

I'm partial to Richie Frahm though. To this day, the purest Zag shooter I've ever seen from deep. I was at midnight madness for his senior year (my freshman year), and he won the 3 pt shootout in a landslide. Didn't even need to jump...just effortless flick of the wrist, one after another. I think he hit the rim on only one or two of his makes. He was simply a long distance machine.
    It is tough. Richie was a great player on a great team, Karno really is a legend, though. I have to think on this.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Corey Kispert falls short to Frahm for now
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

- karnowski
    - reasons, king of the mountain, won more ncaa games than the rest of humanity.
    - starter on the only zag team to play in the final four, and championship game.

- the others are all time greats, but their resumes do not stack up to karnowski's, in my opinion.

Przemyslaw's one of the most underrated cbb players in my lifetime. Maybe the most underrated.

Can't argue with Richie or Shem, but any conversation regarding #24 needs to include Jim McPhee. One of the classiest and most talented people to wear a Zag uni, on or off the floor. #2 on the all time scoring list...

Mount Karno ! Most wins in NCAA. Only one lackluster game in his entire career. Unfortunately it came at the worst of times.

I voted for Richie Frahm. My favorite shot is the 3 point shot. And in my opinion he has been our best Ninja Shooter. He was unbelievable in that beautiful run to the Elite 8 in 1999.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagger View Post
    Can't argue with Richie or Shem, but any conversation regarding #24 needs to include Jim McPhee. One of the classiest and most talented people to wear a Zag uni, on or off the floor. #2 on the all time scoring list...
    Oh, you are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Did karno ever wear a number other than 24? Trying to find a loophole here so I can vote for Frahm.

ETA - just looked it up and it doesn't look like it. Gotta go with Karno then.

Shem was definitely the most loved. I think Richie was best player and I love Corey. Voted for Richie

I voted the man mountain, not only for his wins, but also for the courage and perseverance it took to recover from his injury.

I still recall in (I think) his rookie year how he dove for a ball on the floor.....