Thread: Great Primer on Aloysius Gonzaga (Moved from GU Talk Forum)

Default Great Primer on Aloysius Gonzaga (Moved from GU Talk Forum)

As a practicing apathetic, I'm no authority on Catholic history, but I found the following article to be both well-written and informative regarding our school's namesake:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/03/20/a...-rejuvenation/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Gonzaga is the patron saint of youth, which always made him a suitable saint for March Madness. He’s also a patron saint of those who suffer from epidemics and plagues, which makes him sadly suitable as a saint for today’s troubles.
    From the article.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Thanks for the link! Very interesting.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

The name Gonzaga has come to be synonymous with basketball over the years as the university in Spokane, Wash., emerged as that rarest of college hoops entities – a mid-major powerhouse. Some of its fans delight in calling their saint “Aloy-swish-us.”
    Excellent piece on St. Al.

I'll be honest. I've never heard the "Aloy-swish-us" until this article. Has anybody else?
    gobroncsgozags: "Have a great day in the podunk, crap hole known as Roslyn."

Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    Excellent piece on St. Al.

I'll be honest. I've never heard the "Aloy-swish-us" until this article. Has anybody else?
    Nope. I was pronouncing it different
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.