Thread: 5 Prospects with tough decisions to make

Default 5 Prospects with tough decisions to make

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I would hate to see Ayayi go. Give us one more year please.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post

Go Zags!!!
    20/21 Zags.... "Unstoppable"

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post

Go Zags!!!
    My thoughts are if he jumps to NBA this year he’ll end up like norvell with no real future in the NBA ... he’ll have brief stints with several teams and will not be taken in the first round.

If he stays he’ll have a real shot at being a lottery pick next year
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

All these guys are fated to the G league at best ...and none are as flashy or talented as Norvell.
    Just a space filling article.

Joel seems to play to the level of the competition. With his size and length, he might surprise us when playing against NBA level talent.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Joel seems to play to the level of the competition. With his size and length, he might surprise us when playing against NBA level talent.
    Maybe, but IMO it's more he plays up and down regardless of the comp. He will be a pro, maybe even NBA, just not now.

It seemed like his shooting from outside fell off over the course of the year. Otherwise, some of his up and down play could be because Joel is such a good teammate and is willing to defer to others if the game plan calls for it-- and it calls for getting the ball down low by default. He was quoted as saying that he was happy to take a step back since the bigs were playing so well (paraphrase). He definitely has the shooting range for the NBA. His rebounding is great. He is an interesting one. If he was a better leaper it would be a no-brainer, to me.

Practically every top tier player at the collegiate level can get paid to play, overseas if not the NBA.
    Joel, having already been on the French National (or U 18) team, even more so. IF he is enjoying his Gonzaga experience, he probably will stay. It may boost his stock enough to get drafted in the NBA, but he should always have Europe to fall back on.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

He's not going anywhere, and I think Petrusev will stay too.

Why? Because there is no guarantee right now that the NBA will even have a season next year. Right now they are in the best positions for themselves by staying in college. They're being supported in their sport and have a place to train, they have healthcare, and they have financial support and money for food. There is nowhere for anyone on the team not graduating to go. It's as simple as that.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

thanks for the post, sitting on 50

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    All these guys are fated to the G league at best ...and none are as flashy or talented as Norvell.
    Just a space filling article.
    He's gotta be able to shoot at least 37 percent from the 3 point line. That's what's stopping Norvell. That's what killed Elias Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    My thoughts are if he jumps to NBA this year he’ll end up like norvell with no real future in the NBA ... he’ll have brief stints with several teams and will not be taken in the first round.

If he stays he’ll have a real shot at being a lottery pick next year
    Highly unlikely he goes from a fringe draft pick to a lottery pick because he came back to school. The NBA doesn’t really work like that anymore. Typically, your lottery chances are higher the younger you are. In this case, Ayayi will come back to play along side a superstar lottery pick. It’s certainly hard to boost your stock to that degree when you’re not returning to a lead role.

My hope is he comes back, shows more consistency with his shot (upward trend from 3, high 30s), and has a better chance at making a roster after next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    thanks for the post, sitting on 50
    You're welcome.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.