Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 Scheduling

Recent tweet from Jon Rothstein:
    Sources: No fans are currently expected to be in attendance for the Jimmy V Classic in Indianapolis on December 2nd.

Gonzaga vs. Tennessee
    Baylor vs. Illinois
    https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/sta...575327232?s=21
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Picked up mens and ladies ZAGS basketball posters today. Ladies at 16 players in picture while the guys only had 12 players.

One quick look at the poster and it looked like they left all their walk-ons off the MBB ZAGS poster. Correct me if I'm wrong 17 players on roster which includes 5 walk-ons. The pictures of the guys in poster is bigger than the ladies due to less players.

Is this something the Zags Men Basketball does every year leave the walk-ons off their poster? What are your opinions on this? Personally mine is if they allow the walk-ons on their team, why not include them on poster, they are on the roster and part of the team right?

I have only 4 posters in my possession from previous seasons due to me actually living on a different continent than Gonzaga team. And there are walk-ons on 3 of the posters, one just having players on a scholarship.

Thanks Irish so that tells me they are not setting precedence this year. Good info and fast for someone in Ireland very impressive.

I just realized it is 2 for 2 because last poster also had only scholarship players on. Will Graves is not on 2019/20 poster while Matthew Lang is because he was awarded one.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    So the Tennessee game is a go. I never once thought it would be taken away, so now this gives the Zags a full schedule of 27 games. I wish it were more, but you know, COVID sort of derailed that.

All that's left is for them to set the TV times, hopefully the Saturday WCC games are at night instead of the afternoon. And let's hope they get on ESPN a lot; I can only take so much of Heister, Fox, and Dickau.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    So the Tennessee game is a go. I never once thought it would be taken away, so now this gives the Zags a full schedule of 27 games. I wish it were more, but you know, COVID sort of derailed that.

All that's left is for them to set the TV times, hopefully the Saturday WCC games are at night instead of the afternoon. And let's hope they get on ESPN a lot; I can only take so much of Heister, Fox, and Dickau.
    I'm anxious to see it actually show up on official schedules.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Well, I think a few home games just went bye bye.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Well, I think a few home games just went bye bye.
    Does this have anything to do with Gov. Inslee's declaration this morning? Here is a quote from the Spokesman Review ---- "Youth and adult sporting activities are limited to outdoors for team practices, with the athletes required to wear masks."

From SWX twitter:
    We asked the Deputy Communications Director Mike Faulk if this would impact NCAA teams.

His response:
    "College sports already have their own health guidance protocols they will continue to follow.”
    https://twitter.com/swxrightnow/stat...077781504?s=21

Seattle Times.
    College and professional sports will be allowed to continue, Inslee said, citing the “rigorous protocols” they’ve put in place.

Then that's my bad. Sorry folks. Was watching the Govs news conference & didn't interpret it that way.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Then that's my bad. Sorry folks. Was watching the Govs news conference & didn't interpret it that way.
    That’s ok, Cali has yet to weigh in.

I doubt we see a full NCAA Basketball season and think March Madness will never happen. Season will start to fall apart early to late February.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I doubt we see a full NCAA Basketball season and think March Madness will never happen. Season will start to fall apart early to late February.
    I am confident there will be some sort of season. I have said all along that we need to be ready to have a season that doesn't resemble anything we are used to, but we will have bball. I do think we will have an NCAA tournament of some sorts as well. I think we need to look at the football season to see what the basketball season will look like.

These are my predictions on what the season will look like. There will be lots of teams and conferences that don't play anywhere near the slate of games they currently have scheduled. Some (Ivy is already an example) won't play at all. The NCAA will have to be adaptable and flexible. There will be some teams with only 10 or 15 games. Some teams and conferences won't be able to participate in the tournament. But the focus needs to be on the sporting aspect, not the 'fairness' aspect. And yes, there will be an asterisk behind any championships or records set this year. So be it. It is better than not having anything.

Beyond that, as to how many games we play, who or when we play, where we play... all that is completely subject to change at the drop of a hat. My opinion again, but it is based on my observations all the various sporting events that have occurred over the last few months.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

You may be correct.

Then again, you could be wrong.

It is my fervent hope that you are wrong.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

This, probably does not need to be said. Just saying.

Everyone be nice.
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

College football has had some postponements and some games axed, but for the most part they have carried on. There's no reason to believe that college hoops will totally fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    You may be correct.

Then again, you could be wrong.

It is my fervent hope that you are wrong.
    Agreed.

Default 2020-21 Scheduling

Nice post and I would bet every dime I have you’re wrong. Will there be interruptions, most likely, will they not have the tournament, no chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever happened to Tennessee game? Guess I missed the notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

It's on for December 2 in Indianapolis: https://utsports.com/news/2020/11/18...s-gonzaga.aspx

The Tennessee-Gonzaga series has provided several classic showdown since the programs first met in 2007, and the next chapter in the non-conference rivalry has been set for Dec. 2 in Indianapolis.

The early-season slugfest between the preseason No. 1-ranked Zags and the 12th-ranked Volunteers will be played at Indy's Bankers Life Fieldhouse as part of ESPN's Jimmy V Classic doubleheader. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. ET on ESPN. The night's second matchup features No. 2 Baylor against No. 8 Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgessEraZag View Post
    Whatever happened to Tennessee game? Guess I missed the notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonzaga and Tennessee to Meet in Indianapolis on Dec. 2

SPOKANE, Wash. – Top-ranked Gonzaga will play No. 12/14 Tennessee in Indianapolis on Dec. 2. The seventh all-time meeting between the programs will be in the 2020 Jimmy V Classic.

https://gozags.com/news/2020/11/18/m...HUZghUvgukV1gs