Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 258

Thread: 2020-21 Scheduling

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    Source: Gonzaga will host Northern Arizona as part of its 20-21 non-conference schedule. Game is set for December 28th.
    2:34 PM · Jun 29, 2020
    Updated 2020-2021 Schedule

    Nov. 13 at Texas (Austin)
    Nov. 17 vs USC (Portland)
    Nov. 20 vs North Florida (Spokane)
    Nov. 22 vs Cal State Bakersfield (Spokane)
    Nov. 26-29 vs 3 of Boise St/Auburn/Xavier/Michigan State/Siena/Belmont/St. Louis (Orlando Invitational)
    Dec. 5 vs Arizona (Spokane)
    Dec. 8?? vs Tennessee (New York Jimmy V Classic)
    Dec. 12 vs Washington (Spokane)
    Dec. 14 vs Tarleton State (Spokane)
    Dec. 19 vs Texas Tech (Phoenix)
    Dec. 21 vs Bellarmine (Spokane)
    Dec. 28 vs Northern Arizona (Spokane)

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,665

    Default

    Can't say we don't play anybody! lol Hellacious schedule. We surely won't be marked down due to a weak schedule.

    Borderline blue blood...

    Amazing opportunity for the Zags. No 1 ranking and no 1 seed.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,911

    Default

    That’s a tough OOC schedule to say the least...

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Updated 2020-2021 Schedule

    Nov. 13 at Texas (Austin)
    Nov. 17 vs USC (Portland)
    Nov. 20 vs North Florida (Spokane)
    Nov. 22 vs Cal State Bakersfield (Spokane)
    Nov. 26-29 vs 3 of Boise St/Auburn/Xavier/Michigan State/Siena/Belmont/St. Louis (Orlando Invitational)
    Dec. 5 vs Arizona (Spokane)
    Dec. 8?? vs Tennessee (New York Jimmy V Classic)
    Dec. 12 vs Washington (Spokane)
    Dec. 14 vs Tarleton State (Spokane)
    Dec. 19 vs Texas Tech (Phoenix)
    Dec. 21 vs Bellarmine (Spokane)
    Dec. 28 vs Northern Arizona (Spokane)
    November 10th is the season opener against NC Central. That should be all 15 non-con games with 16 conference games.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    November 10th is the season opener against NC Central. That should be all 15 non-con games with 16 conference games.
    Good catch. I will update the update.

    Updated 2020-2021 Schedule

    Nov. 10 vs NC Central (Spokane)
    Nov. 13 at Texas (Austin)
    Nov. 17 vs USC (Portland)
    Nov. 20 vs North Florida (Spokane)
    Nov. 22 vs Cal State Bakersfield (Spokane)
    Nov. 26-29 vs 3 of Boise St/Auburn/Xavier/Michigan State/Siena/Belmont/St. Louis (Orlando Invitational)
    Dec. 5 vs Arizona (Spokane)
    Dec. 8?? vs Tennessee (New York Jimmy V Classic)
    Dec. 12 vs Washington (Spokane)
    Dec. 14 vs Tarleton State (Spokane)
    Dec. 19 vs Texas Tech (Phoenix)
    Dec. 21 vs Bellarmine (Spokane)
    Dec. 28 vs Northern Arizona (Spokane)

    15 potential games have now been scheduled. It is safe to assume that Gonzaga's out of conference schedule is now complete.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Have we ever stormed the court at the MAC? When was the last home court floor storming?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,313

    Default

    Is the Arizona game going to be played in the Kennel?
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagpower View Post
    Have we ever stormed the court at the MAC? When was the last home court floor storming?
    The one instance that I seem to recall with my admittedly faulty memory was the Stanford Game Day match. As to our OOC schedule, I sure hope we get to see it happen; lots of great games for sure! Unfortunately I am hearing speculation that the season may be limited to conference play after the first of the new year.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,830

    Default

    I watch a lot of college basketball.
    I’ve never heard of Tarleton State or Bellarmine. Are they D1? New? Made up?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I watch a lot of college basketball.
    I’ve never heard of Tarleton State or Bellarmine. Are they D1? New? Made up?
    Made up.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I watch a lot of college basketball.
    I’ve never heard of Tarleton State or Bellarmine. Are they D1? New? Made up?
    New to D1.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,482

    Default

    Some way, some how, I dearly hope that schedule gets played out.

    Few knows he put together the best team on paper in the country, and he wants to let them loose to prove it. That's a players' coach. They bought in and committed to GU to be the best and he went out and scheduled like a No. 1 team, not hiding to stack up wins. He's got his kids' backs. Wanted to let the prove it.

    I have all my doubts but I have no doubt they'll do the right thing, whatever it is, and that is a schedule that anyone could be proud of.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,329

    Default Bump

    Dug this thread out of page 5 or 6, I think it could be a good idea to make it a sticky. The schedule is going to get many updates soon!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,368

    Default

    is the game with Baylor still getting cooked up in the back of the kitchen?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,623

    Default

    Very happy this was not one of our Maui years......

    Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    ·
    1m
    Sources: The 2020 Maui Invitational is expected to take place in either Asheville or Indianapolis. Decision could come as early as this week.

    Field includes North Carolina, Texas, Indiana, Alabama, Stanford, Providence, UNLV, and Davidson.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Very happy this was not one of our Maui years......

    Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    ·
    1m
    Sources: The 2020 Maui Invitational is expected to take place in either Asheville or Indianapolis. Decision could come as early as this week.

    Field includes North Carolina, Texas, Indiana, Alabama, Stanford, Providence, UNLV, and Davidson.
    At least they’ll get to play the games.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,623

    Default

    Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    · 2m
    Sources: Orlando will host the following eight early season events during the first few weeks of the college basketball season.

    Champions Classic
    Jimmy V Classic
    Wooden Legacy
    Preseason NIT
    Orlando Invitational
    Charleston Classic
    Myrtle Beach Invitational
    Diamond Head Classic


    Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    ·
    9m
    Sources: Fans are not currently expected to be in attendance during any of these early season events in Orlando.
    Quote Tweet

    https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....etball-events/
    Last edited by Zagdawg; 09-15-2020 at 08:23 AM.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,424

    Default

    It will be really interesting to see how the OOC shapes up with a start date of Nov 21, or 23, or 25/
    What does this do to the games that were previously scheduled? A number were before this date.

    From another thread:
    Nov. 13 at Texas (Austin)
    Nov. 17 vs USC (Portland)
    Nov. 20 vs North Florida (Spokane)
    Nov. 22 vs Cal State Bakersfield (Spokane)
    Nov. 26-29 vs 3 of Boise St/Auburn/Xavier/Michigan State/Siena/Belmont/St. Louis (Orlando Invitational)
    Dec. 5 vs Arizona (Spokane)
    Dec. 8?? vs Tennessee (New York Jimmy V Classic)
    Dec. 12 vs Washington (Spokane)
    Dec. 14 vs Tarleton State (Spokane)
    Dec. 19 vs Texas Tech (Phoenix)
    Dec. 21 vs Bellarmine (Spokane)


    I wonder which games the Zags will keep, which they will jettison and who the might add.
    It's not funny.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    · 2m
    Sources: Orlando will host the following eight early season events during the first few weeks of the college basketball season.

    Champions Classic
    Jimmy V Classic
    Wooden Legacy
    Preseason NIT
    Orlando Invitational
    Charleston Classic
    Myrtle Beach Invitational
    Diamond Head Classic


    Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    ·
    9m
    Sources: Fans are not currently expected to be in attendance during any of these early season events in Orlando.
    Quote Tweet

    https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....etball-events/
    Hope this happens, the Orlando Invit and Tennessee for the Jimmy V is a good start to the non con schedule. Other side of the Jimmy V is Baylor and Rutgers. Maybe that will be 2 or 3 games instead of just the one against UT.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    SSF: "Zags Are Going to Hang Out in Orlando This Year"

    https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...bubble-gonzaga

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Hope this happens, the Orlando Invit and Tennessee for the Jimmy V is a good start to the non con schedule. Other side of the Jimmy V is Baylor and Rutgers. Maybe that will be 2 or 3 games instead of just the one against UT.
    I have to imagine this is where/when that Baylor game that was announced will happen.

    Rutgers should be pretty good this season too so it'd be great to add that matchup as well. I don't recall Gonzaga ever playing Rutgers.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    721

    Default

    I hope we get to keep the game vs NAU. My cousin's son goes to that school, and it's a beautiful campus. I wish the game would be at the Walkup Skydome, but we can't have everything.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,368

    Default

    Does anybody know of the status of the game with Baylor at this point?

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Does anybody know of the status of the game with Baylor at this point?
    Nothing solid yet, but the assumption is that it will be played in the Orlando Bubble.


    https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...mp-content=amp


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,815

    Default

    A game against Baylor could potentially be the Jimmy V Classic Championship Game


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •