X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Considering how highly ranked Creighton is (2-5 preseason with everyone back), it might be good to do another home and him with the Jays...

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Jim Meehan
      @SRJimm
      ·
      1m
      BIG news on future GU schedules: Gonzaga and Kansas have agreed to a home-and-home series, according to a source.
      Series expected to begin at Allen Fieldhouse in Dec. 2022, return game at McCarthey Athletic Center in Dec. 2023.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
        Jim Meehan
        @SRJimm
        ·
        1m
        BIG news on future GU schedules: Gonzaga and Kansas have agreed to a home-and-home series, according to a source.
        Series expected to begin at Allen Fieldhouse in Dec. 2022, return game at McCarthey Athletic Center in Dec. 2023.
        We ain’t in Kansas anymore, ZagNation....yet we will be!!!
        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Jim Meehan
          @SRJimm
          ·
          1m
          Both Few & Self born 12-27-62 but don't think that date would work, eh?
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• StatZag19
            Professional Zag Fan
            • May 2019

Jim Meehan
            @SRJimm
            ·
            1m
            Really hope this sets a new trend of consistently playing the big boys in non-conference.
            I take nothing nor anyone on this forum seriously in any form or way. It is no more or less than a satirical board until legitimacy is restored.

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

The Zags and Jayhawks have agreed to a home-and-home series, beginning in Dec. 2022, at famed Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, according to a source. The return game will be in Dec. 2023, at the McCarthey Athletic Center.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I'm surprised no one's commented on the home and home with Texas for the next two years.

The Zags will begin a two-game series with Texas in Austin on Nov. 13. The Longhorns will come to the McCarthey Athletic Center the following season.

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Elite we are becoming. Soon the OOC will be filled with high powered opponents. Of the 15 OOC games I’m thinking g 9-10 should with big programs. This conference we’re in seems to be weak many years but it seems to fill the bill sufficiently to us very high rankings and seedings.

Comment

• Radbooks
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                    I'm surprised no one's commented on the home and home with Texas for the next two years.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...chedule-next-/
                    I did in post #30!
                    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• ConnZag3
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...chedule-next-/

It's too bad the Zags couldn't play the road portion in 2021 as I believe UT is opening a new arena then. The Erwin Center was a bit of a dump last time I was there 9 years ago and I can't imagine it's gotten any better when football is king.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                        Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                        • Feb 2007

I'm flying the entire family to Arizona next year, as the most-gracious AzZag has opened his home to host us. We will be taking both of our families to that game to rep the zags against Texas Tech. Can't wait.
                        Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• OregonZag5
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

Personally I hope GU does not schedule Oregon in the future. That last game was enough- as I live in Eugene with 3 Ducks and 2 are double Ducks. I told my 'boys' that if Oregon won that they can pick up their Thanksgiving dinner at McDonalds. The youngest son had his 6 year old giving me the score at the end. at least the wife who is a double duck rooted for the Zags and her children were furious with her- did hear the word Benedict Arnold once or twice. The wife said 'look I am married to your father and you know how he is when the Zags lose. Would you like a repeat of the UCLA game- and he has had football season tickets for over 40 years- she is no dumb bunny. What I thought most interesting was the handshake at the end of the game. I always watch for that in every game whether Zags are playing or not. It was like ships passing in the night- Altman did not look Few in the eye and just kept moving. Was surprised- but I think he took the loss hard as the sports media always say GU is the best in the west and this was his one chance to prove them wrong- he took it very hard and this year he had to contend with the Oregon woman selling the arena out( 12,000+) and the men were all over the map- 7,000 one night and then 10,000 and then back to 7,000. But the times and dates are terrible- 5:00pm or 8:00 pm and few people from out of town will come here to watch them at 8:00 PM. Also all games are on tv- so why not stay home have a beer and watch the game and parking is just hell with the new arena( I grew up 4 blocks from the old arena and old football stadium)- there is no parking. In any case Altman was not happy to lose and I am sure he will not schedule the Zags- he will not want to come to Spokane and if he played the Zags say at Christmas break0 Zag followers would be numerous and loud.

Comment

• CB4
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2009

We know Gonzaga will get a few more really solid games. The interesting thing will be whether we have too many cupcakes again. Texas is a good one.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Texas Men's Basketball
                              @TexasMBB
                              ·
                              5m
                              Police cars revolving light Mark your calendars!! Police cars revolving light

We’re hosting Gonzaga at the
                              @ErwinCenter
                              on November 13th.

Comment

• Bogozags
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2008

I keep reading that we will be playing UA on the road again in 2020.

Question: Are we not playing UA at home this coming season as we beat them in AZ last season?

Comment

Working...
                                X