Thread: Siliconzag ???

Default Siliconzag ???

Siliconzag?

Please update us on your wellbeing?

Mods, please leave this here. Sili is an older gentleman living in Italy, a good friend of the board and of mine.

Praying you’re ok old friend!

I totally agree. Love this guy, and miss him. Thanks for posting this Former1dog.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Looks like he signed on this morning.

Today
    03:06 AM

Good news.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Looks like he signed on this morning.

Today
    03:06 AM

Good news.
    very good news. Thanks for pointing that out!

One of my med students was Sili. Unique perspective on things. Great guy.

Default Con Sili, tutto bene

Thanks to F1D the “older gentleman” his with husband, and four year old Australian shepherd all doing well. I appreciate your heartfelt expression of concern. Want to thank both Reborn and GoZags who sent e mails. I am a few days behind in responding due to the volume of messages we receive every day. Congratulations on a great season and we will keep you in our prayers. We are lucky to live in a remote village in Tuscany. Very few COVID-19 cases here. God Bless
    Last edited by siliconzag; 03-19-2020 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by siliconzag View Post
    Thanks to F1D the “older gentleman” his with husband, and four year old Australian shepherd all doing well. I appreciate your heartfelt expression of concern. Want to thank both Reborn and GoZags who sent e mails. I am a few days behind in responding due to the volume of messages we receive every day. Congratulations on a great season and we will keep you in our prayers. We are lucky to live in a remote village in Tuscany. Very few COVID-19 cases here. God Bless
    That is my favorite locale in northern Italy...wish you continued good health!

Excellent... Very glad to hear it. Be safe and be well Sili.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Good to hear
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

God bless Sili, been thinking of you, great season for your Jays. Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Siliconzag?

Please update us on your wellbeing?

Mods, please leave this here. Sili is an older gentleman living in Italy, a good friend of the board and of mine.

Praying you’re ok old friend!
    Very thoughtful reach out, F1D. And ps, my wife did her 35th LA Marathon last week. Be safe.

What a relief! Thank God you’re healthy and in good spirits. My best to your better half and your puppy ��!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Very thoughtful reach out, F1D. And ps, my wife did her 35th LA Marathon last week. Be safe.
    Good to hear. Congrats to her. Now, listen to Gavin and stay healthy.

The same to the rest of you.

I’m pretty optimistic that we’re going to get through this relatively unscathed, but it comes down to all of individually doing our part. God Bless!

So happy to hear from you, Sili. Bout time. hahaha I still have a sense of humor. I wanted to see the Zags play Creighton this year. I thought of you all year cuz Creighton did so well. Oh well. I'm glad to hear you're doing well and are so happy and safe. Be safe. May God protect you and your family (including your dog) each and every day. Write again some day. Life is soooo different here because of the virus. Lots of change. But we Zags are resilient. We'll come out on the other side stronger than ever. I miss you lots.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Once again, thank you all for your concern. I confess to being neglectful this year in terms of posting. I meant to write an apologia of sorts, not being a fervent Mark Few fan as some of you are. He has done a masterful job of coaching the past two seasons and they deserved a 1 seed this year. No doubt. The Zags, much like my other team, Creighton depends on offense more than defense, but both the Jays and the Zags have improved on the defensive end and it has made both of them contenders. I can't follow the games closely, the "work around" for streaming in Europe is beyond my technical expertise. I had planned to attend the Big East Tournament again this year, as I typically do, but after the blow out loss to San Diego State I cancelled my hotel in Manhattan. Obviously there was a more compelling reason to cancel. The Zags were no surprise to anyone, but the Bluejays certainly were. They will be formidable next year, especially if Tyshon sticks around and Marcus' knee heals. It is possible that both the Zags and the Jays might be 1 seeds.

With regard to Italy and the new plague (COVID-19), we are much like the Florentines in Boccaccio's Decameron. We didn't have to travel to a remote country inn. We live in one, and accordingly we feel relatively well protected from contagion. Still it is sad here, and all the townsfolk are blue because of the restrictions. I am not confident that it is an easily resolvable pandemic, and share some of the concerns expressed by folks on the board that sports may not return as quickly as we might like. Our President, Giuseppe Conte, has just signaled that it is likely the restrictions will be extended beyond April 3. It is my fervent hope and prayer for all Americans that what the devastation that occurred in Italy can be avoided, and speaking as a Pediatrician, I sure hope that most of the measures that were put in place here are also present in America. The Italians are a resilient and compliant people, but they are also discouraged. They are keeping up their spirits by singing the Inno Mameli (National Anthem) from their balconies. I am practicing the Italian National Anthem on the piano (I am no virtuoso, but eventually get there), so that we can open the windows and share it with our neighbors. The dog loves to sing along.

In our village there are banners which hang from balconies and windows with the phrase, "Andrà tutto bene," circumscribed with a rainbow. The message was originally designed to keep up the spirits of the kids, and it even helps with "older gentlemen" like us. We send you love from Italia and pray that America will be spared the same level of severity.

SIli

Sili, your prose is elegant and has a sort of whimsy (for lack of ability to find a better word) that makes the words float off the page and into the air, raising my spirits with it. Most times when you write something it makes me want to see the world, go to the opera, or learn Italian- maybe Latin, actually (which fits my esoteric interests a bit better). I'm glad you are well. It was heart-warming to see the concern for you here and your response. I had forgotten you were in Italy. Kindest regards to you and yours, and Godspeed through these troubling times.

Hang in there. Stay safe. Thanks for the update Sili.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Sili, buona fortuna, the Avalon will always be there for you.....Ciao, Giuseppe

Once again, thank you all for your concern. I confess to being neglectful this year in terms of posting. I meant to write an apologia of sorts, not being a fervent Mark Few fan as some of you are. He has done a masterful job of coaching the past two seasons and they deserved a 1 seed this year. No doubt. The Zags, much like my other team, Creighton depends on offense more than defense, but both the Jays and the Zags have improved on the defensive end and it has made both of them contenders. I can't follow the games closely, the "work around" for streaming in Europe is beyond my technical expertise. I had planned to attend the Big East Tournament again this year, as I typically do, but after the blow out loss to San Diego State I cancelled my hotel in Manhattan. Obviously there was a more compelling reason to cancel. The Zags were no surprise to anyone, but the Bluejays certainly were. They will be formidable next year, especially if Tyshon sticks around and Marcus' knee heals. It is possible that both the Zags and the Jays might be 1 seeds.

With regard to Italy and the new plague (COVID-19), we are much like the Florentines in Boccaccio's Decameron. We didn't have to travel to a remote country inn. We live in one, and accordingly we feel relatively well protected from contagion. Still it is sad here, and all the townsfolk are blue because of the restrictions. I am not confident that it is an easily resolvable pandemic, and share some of the concerns expressed by folks on the board that sports may not return as quickly as we might like. Our President, Giuseppe Conte, has just signaled that it is likely the restrictions will be extended beyond April 3. It is my fervent hope and prayer for all Americans that what the devastation that occurred in Italy can be avoided, and speaking as a Pediatrician, I sure hope that most of the measures that were put in place here are also present in America. The Italians are a resilient and compliant people, but they are also discouraged. They are keeping up their spirits by singing the Inno Mameli (National Anthem) from their balconies. I am practicing the Italian National Anthem on the piano (I am no virtuoso, but eventually get there), so that we can open the windows and share it with our neighbors. The dog loves to sing along.

In our village there are banners which hang from balconies and windows with the phrase, "Andrà tutto bene," circumscribed with a rainbow. The message was originally designed to keep up the spirits of the kids, and it even helps with "older gentlemen" like us. We send you love from Italia and pray that America will be spared the same level of severity.

SIli
    Sili, it's wonderful to hear from you. I'm glad to hear that y'all are doing well there. Best wishes from Napa.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

It is good to hear you are well and the local perspective you provide is fascinating. Stay well, stay in touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

So good to hear from you Sili. Thanks for the update. Stay well my friend.

So very good to hear from Sili.

Coronavirus delanda est?