Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wichita State Transfer Erik Stevenson List Zags in Top 5

So we’re on this kid’s top five. Does that mean anything? Anyone know Gonzaga’s level of interest? If we had a list of the possible transfers coming in, where would this guy be on it?
    Last edited by NotoriousZ; 03-20-2020 at 04:39 PM.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

No thanks and I don't think we need him.

He's transferring to the University of Washington.

Percy Allen
    @percyallen
    ∑ 47m
    Wichita State sophomore guard Erik Stevenson is transferring to Washington, per source. The Lacey, Wash. native and former Timberline HS standout averaged 11.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists last season.

Jon Rothstein was staying this week on Twitter that a lot of mistakes will be made this year because kids can’t take official visits.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Didn't we have another player that fit this description...and I think that player was a key reason we won the WCC Tournament and went to the NCAA...some kid who transferred after playing for two other schools...

Granted they have made two mistakes in recent ties...one was the transfer from UK and the other from a BE school...sorry names seem to no longer be in my corrupted hard drive of a memory...

Coach Few and his staff are the ones that need to be convinced about a players value as WE don't really have an understanding of the skill and mental outlook of a player and whether that player can achieve the goals required to be a basketball player for GU...
    Eric McClellan; originally at Wake Forest, then Tulsa. Sorta washed out of both programs.
    GU Class of '10, MUSC Class of '14

As I remember Eric McClellan describing his life, he was at his whit's end, failing in everything he was doing in life. He had a life-changing experience on a summer tour with Athletes In Action. He was extremely thankful that Few and the staff recognized that he had fundamentally changed, as a person first, and that is why he was a different ball player when he came to GU. That is the kind of transfer the staff will take a chance on. I can't speak to this player, but trust the staff have this covered.

Didn't we have another player that fit this description...and I think that player was a key reason we won the WCC Tournament and went to the NCAA...some kid who transferred after playing for two other schools...

Granted they have made two mistakes in recent ties...one was the transfer from UK and the other from a BE school...sorry names seem to no longer be in my corrupted hard drive of a memory...

Coach Few and his staff are the ones that need to be convinced about a players value as WE don't really have an understanding of the skill and mental outlook of a player and whether that player can achieve the goals required to be a basketball player for GU...
    Kyle Wiltjer and Micah Downs?

You really tested my memory banks here...but I *think* you're talking about Angel Nunez (from Louisville not UK) and Gerard Coleman from Providence.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

That masked man was non other than Eric McMillian...believe he was MVP of the WCC Tournament in 2016. There was a strong suspicion that GU had to win the conference tournament or they might not have received an at-large bid...that was the year PK got hurt and played his last game of the season against UConn.

Billfish has it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Billfish'80 View Post
    As I remember Eric McClellan describing his life, he was at his whit's end, failing in everything he was doing in life. He had a life-changing experience on a summer tour with Athletes In Action. He was extremely thankful that Few and the staff recognized that he had fundamentally changed, as a person first, and that is why he was a different ball player when he came to GU. That is the kind of transfer the staff will take a chance on. I can't speak to this player, but trust the staff have this covered.

Yup and the transfers from the schools that poster is referencing that is not what he meant of is Kyle Wiltjer from UK, and Gerard Coleman from Providence. Neither is eMac though
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I realize this is totally off topic, wasn’t the Kentucky transfer GJ Vilarino? Spent 1 year in program.

Quote Originally Posted by thickman1 View Post
    I realize this is totally off topic, wasn’t the Kentucky transfer GJ Vilarino? Spent 1 year in program.
    Yes, one year and he transferred out to Appalachian State University, which at the time was the D1aa football power.

Quote Originally Posted by thickman1 View Post
    I realize this is totally off topic, wasnít the Kentucky transfer GJ Vilarino? Spent 1 year in program.
    I donít believe he actually enrolled at Kentucky. He was recruited by Coach Calís predecessor. When Cal got the job, he encouraged several players to go elsewhere, so that he could bring in his own recruits. I believe he was a true freshman when he came to GU.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I donít believe he actually enrolled at Kentucky. He was recruited by Coach Calís predecessor. When Cal got the job, he encouraged several players to go elsewhere, so that he could bring in his own recruits. I believe he was a true freshman when he came to GU.

made a mistake about something already reported.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

So then, with this recruit committing to UW then we don't need to have this on "Bob Zag's House"...???

Default Remember When the Shockers were going to be "the next Gonzaga" ?

Wichita State defections:

Jamarius Burton
    Noah Fernandes
    DeAntoni Gordon
    Grant Sherfield
    Asbjorn Midtgaard
    Erik Stevenson
    Morris Udeze
    Tate Busse (walk-on)
    Quote Tweet

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    ∑ 18m
    Wichita State has another one in the transfer portal: Asbjorn Midtgaard.

That makes 7 scholarship guys and one-walk on that have left Gregg Marshall and the Shockers.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Wichita State defections:

Jamarius Burton
    Noah Fernandes
    DeAntoni Gordon
    Grant Sherfield
    Asbjorn Midtgaard
    Erik Stevenson
    Morris Udeze
    Tate Busse (walk-on)
    Quote Tweet

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    ∑ 18m
    Wichita State has another one in the transfer portal: Asbjorn Midtgaard.

That makes 7 scholarship guys and one-walk on that have left Gregg Marshall and the Shockers.
    Something just aint right.........................

Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Shocker fans may be rooting for no college basketball at all next year.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.