Thread: Bud Wither's Latest Blog Post

Default Bud Wither's Latest Blog Post

Basically a recap of the season and what might have been.

Zags: Requiem for a remarkable season

Ultimately, it took a global pandemic to keep Gonzaga out of an NCAA tournament. A question, admittedly of minuscule import: Does the Zags’ string of years making the tournament inch to 22, or stay at 21? Technically, they were in the field as of last Tuesday night, and the schools in front – Kansas (30), Duke (24), Michigan State (22) – still had business to sort out.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Cool! By Bud's reasoning, the only schools that now have a string of consecutive NCAA tournament appearances greater than ZERO are those that earned their appearances this year before the season's end -- what, maybe 15 schools? I wonder what school is now second to us with the "longest" string of consecutive NCAA tournament appearances?" Bet that school is way behind our string of 22 years.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Basically a recap of the season and what might have been.

Zags: Requiem for a remarkable season
    "Technically, they were in the field as of last Tuesday night..."

Actually, no teams were in the field because there was no field. Everybody should quit whining and move on.

The Zags still have a magnificent streak that is intact. I'm looking forward to them extending it.

Maybe the message in a March without Madness is that nothing is promised, that the journey is worth celebrating as much as the destination.
    For me, Zag hoops is always about celebrating the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    For me, Zag hoops is always about celebrating the journey.
    Yep
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few