Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Way Too Early top 25 for next year.

Default Way Too Early top 25 for next year.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...ats-145046364/

1. GONZAGA

Of the Bulldogs’ top 10 recruits ever landed, according to the 247Sports Composite, six are slated to be on this year’s roster, and four are expected to come off the bench. That’s depth of talent.

Default Pinch me, I'm dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...ats-145046364/

1. GONZAGA

Of the Bulldogs’ top 10 recruits ever landed, according to the 247Sports Composite, six are slated to be on this year’s roster, and four are expected to come off the bench. That’s depth of talent.
    Crazy times are these

All this and recruiting is not even over yet, and the rest of the country doesn't even know about Ballo.
    Last edited by TheOtherGreatOne; 03-16-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Waiting till the draft declarations and how the NBA may modify the one and done types. Or even those who just leave early. NBA has a plan for them too. ie Filip.

Ridiculous that Ballo isn’t mentioned.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Ridiculous that Ballo isn’t mentioned.
    Shhhhhh.... it will be our not so little surprise...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Default I'm not worried about the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Waiting till the draft declarations and how the NBA may modify the one and done types. Or even those who just leave early. NBA has a plan for them too. ie Filip.
    When we have NBA players on the team they JUMP out at you. AMMO, Sabonis, Rui, Clarke, etc. etc. They were very clearly the best players on the court.

When I watch Petrusev, I see a very good college player. A WCC 1st team player. And sometimes he's the best player on the court. And other times he's not even the best player on his team. I love his game and am a HUGE Petrusev fan. But I would have voted him 3rd in WCC POY voting behind Ford and Childs.

I personally don't think he has the athleticism for the NBA game. But that is my opinion. I've been so wrong before on identifying NBA talent. I'm sure I'll be proven wrong again. But my eyes tell me, he's a Euro player or G league after his college days are over.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    When we have NBA players on the team they JUMP out at you. AMMO, Sabonis, Rui, Clarke, etc. etc. They were very clearly the best players on the court.

When I watch Petrusev, I see a very good college player. A WCC 1st team player. And sometimes he's the best player on the court. And other times he's not even the best player on his team. I love his game and am a HUGE Petrusev fan. But I would have voted him 3rd in WCC POY voting behind Ford and Childs.

I personally don't think he has the athleticism for the NBA game. But that is my opinion. I've been so wrong before on identifying NBA talent. I'm sure I'll be proven wrong again. But my eyes tell me, he's a Euro player or G league after his college days are over.
    Two more examples. Zbo jumped, best player in F4; Norvell declined, pitiable 7-23 in last two gms.
    Last edited by jazzdelmar; 03-18-2020 at 10:38 AM.

I dearly hate saying this, but right now our hopes should be focused on whether there IS a "next year" this coming next year.

Yes, it is probably most likely, but it is not at all a given.

Regardless, we are absolutely loaded for whenever GU next suits up.

Hope he puts together the toughest schedule ever put together so that the new guys grow into their roles and get the mistakes out early, then get ready to roll.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Petrusev has small issues with his game that once cleaned up will put him at the top of the pack. Like Sacre, he has a bad habit of bringing the ball down after a low post rebound. When he does, he invariably gets stripped because everyone watches film on him. He needs to open his range more... low post alone isn't getting you drafted... ask Shem. Lastly, he just needs to continue to bulk up just a smidge more.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I dearly hate saying this, but right now our hopes should be focused on whether there IS a "next year" this coming next year.

Hope he puts together the toughest schedule ever put together so that the new guys grow into their roles and get the mistakes out early, then get ready to roll.
    We all need distractions. This is one that works for me. Of course nothing is guaranteed but I will hang on the idea that there will be a season next year, that Gonzaga will be great and that all this madness will be mostly behind us.

Best wishes to all.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

Agreed. My bet sadly is there won't be, unless our government can get Covid tests and lots of them soon. It's not looking good.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Here is the one from NBC sports:

College Basketball Preseason Top 25
    2. GONZAGA

GONE: Admon Gilder, Ryan Wooldridge, Killian Tillie
    COMING BACK: Corey Kispert, Drew Timme, Joel Ayayi, Anton Watson, Martynas Arlauskas, Pavel Zakharov
    WAIT AND SEE: Filip Petrusev, Jalen Suggs
    NEW FACES: Oumar Ballo, Julian Strawther, Dominick Harris
    PROJECTED STARTERS: Jalen Suggs, Joel Ayayi, Corey Kispert, Drew Timme, Filip Petrusev

The Zags should once again be a powerhouse next season, but they are in the unique position of waiting on a freshman to decide if he is going to go pro. The player in question is Jalen Suggs, who would be a perfect fit next to Joel Ayayi and Corey Kispert on Gonzaga’s perimeter. As much as I like Ayayi as a player, I’m not sure he’s the guy to be a full-time point guard on a team competing for a national title. That spot is really the only question mark if Suggs opts to skip college and play overseas, because Gonzaga’s frontcourt is going to be absolutely loaded, especially if Filip Petrusev returns, because Drew Timme and Oumar Ballo both have WCC Player of the Year upside.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Here's another one - from ESPN. They have the Zags 3rd.

Villanova tops college basketball's Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 2020-21
    3. Gonzaga Bulldogs

There are going to be NBA draft decisions to wait for with the Bulldogs. Killian Tillie and Ryan Woolridge are graduating, but Corey Kispert and Filip Petrusev are also ranked in the top 60 of ESPN's NBA draft rankings and therefore could at least go through the draft process. If both return, Mark Few's team could rise all the way up to No. 1 in the rankings. Drew Timme should step right in for Tillie, and elite five-star guard Jalen Suggs should slot into the starting lineup for Woolridge. Joel Ayayi is back and Anton Watson will be healthy as a piece off the bench. Gonzaga brings in three ESPN 100 freshmen, led by Suggs, so the Bulldogs' depth should be much improved after they played mostly a seven-man rotation for the latter half of the season. Another 30-win season seems like a lock for Gonzaga, and a potential Final Four run isn't far-fetched at all.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Surprised by the ESPN poll. Creighton at #2!

Default This one is new

That’s the first list I’ve seen Texas Tech anywhere near the Top 10, let alone #6. Let’s hope that’s the case next December!

Lowest ranking of any so far, but probably had the most info about each team. Seemed like the guy actually had seen GU play.

This article refers to Woolridge and Gilder as "a couple of other role players." I think they may have been more than that.

Cbssports top 25 and 1

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-top-25-and-1/

Zags 1 again.

Cbssports top 25 and 1

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-top-25-and-1/

Zags 1 again.
    Zags were 38-2? I know I stopped paying attention; did they win it all??
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.