Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Way Too Early top 25 for next year.

Nice video by Gary Parrish explaining his choice for Gonzaga as #1. Maybe a tad too optimistic that everyone returns.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GaryParri...53379614879746

And the least optimistic. Number 10.
    They assume Petrusev, Ayayi and Kispert all go pro.

https://mobile.twitter.com/3MW_CBB/s...18479659036674

Abit lower on Gonzaga than I expected

Three Man Weave
    @3MW_CBB

Mar 22
    Assuming Petrusev, Kispert, and Ayayi all leave per this caveat:
    Quote Tweet

Three Man Weave
    @3MW_CBB
    · Mar 22
    These are based on a blanket assumption that the Top-80 prospects, per @Sam_Vecenie ‘s big board, ultimately go pro...

Yes, this is a flawed assumption with many exceptions but we wanted to keep our rankings consistent

No mention anywhere of Dom Harris, who should've been upgraded to a McDonald's AA level recruit once he transferred but was penalized by playing for two years at Pacifica Christian. Again, I go back to what Paul Biancardi said in February during a Jalen Suggs game.....Dom Harris was playing as good as any prep guard in the entire country, including Suggs. He is going to be one of the most underrated recruits of the past 10 years. He has few weaknesses as a player at HIS AGE. Maybe needs to add some strength. He will not be at GU for 4 years.

Sports Illustrated weighs in.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/04/0...p-25-villanova

Number 2 with a caveat.

https://www.espn.com/espn/dickvitale...-dozen-2020-21

As I mentioned to Reborn in Dick Vitale’s Live feed, Dickie V also had GU #1

Here’s what he wrote:
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/espn/dickvitale...-dozen-2020-21

As I mentioned to Reborn in Dick Vitale’s Live feed, Dickie V also had GU #1

Here’s what he wrote:
    Say what you want about Vitale but he knows his basketball. That was a very thorough breakdown of the team. The only quibble would be his comment about Ballo. Although correct, it Could be interpreted that he had bad grades vs not enough credits for his young age. FTR, I don’t think that’s what Dickie V was implying at all. He’s Mr Positive.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    No mention anywhere of Dom Harris, who should've been upgraded to a McDonald's AA level recruit once he transferred but was penalized by playing for two years at Pacifica Christian. Again, I go back to what Paul Biancardi said in February during a Jalen Suggs game.....Dom Harris was playing as good as any prep guard in the entire country, including Suggs. He is going to be one of the most underrated recruits of the past 10 years. He has few weaknesses as a player at HIS AGE. Maybe needs to add some strength. He will not be at GU for 4 years.
    Well said! I'm really excited to see Dom suit up

Its about handling the pressure for the youngsters with this squad next yr. It has a huge amount of expectations already.
    Love the zags for life

From Seth Davis in The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/1733488/?source=twittered

Seth Davis’ early top 25: Gonzaga, Baylor and Villanova are on top right now

1. Gonzaga

Key departures: Admon Gilder, 6-4 Sr.; Killian Tillie, 6-10 Sr.; Ryan Woolridge, 6-3 Sr.
    Top returnees: Filip Petrusev, 6-11 Jr.; Corey Kispert, 6-7 Sr.; Joel Ayayi, 6-5 Jr.; Drew Timme, 6-10 So.
    Incoming: Jalen Suggs, 6-5 Fr.; Aaron Cook, 6-2 Sr.; Julian Strawther, 6-7 Fr.; Dominick Harris, 6-4 Fr.; Oumar Ballo, 6-10 Fr.

It feels like every year we say this could be Mark Few’s best team, but that might actually be the case next season. Petrusev is a bit of a wild card as he is still pondering whether to enter the draft, but I’m guessing he will be back in Spokane. Timme will be a terrific complement down low now that Tillie has graduated. And Few has never brought in a freshman as highly rated as Suggs. He has said he would consider playing professionally overseas, but there is not much indication that will happen.

Man... he is leaving off a huge piece to this team in his writeup... no mention of Mr. Watson???
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Man... he is leaving off a huge piece to this team in his writeup... no mention of Mr. Watson???
    Watson redshirt maybe?
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Watson redshirt maybe?
    No way.

Many people I think forgot about Watson with him having been injured.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Watson redshirt maybe?
    Just doesn't fit into any of the three categories. Not a Departure, didn't play enough last year to fit into the Top Returnees, and not Incoming. Fits in the same category as Arlauskas and Zakharov, unmentioned. Probably will start at the 4 though.