Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35

Thread: Suggs Confirms in Post Heading to Gonzaga

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    A while ago a well informed poster speculated that we may schedule a game in Minnesota next year.

    Any further insight as to the possibility of this happening? I would definitely make a trip home to watch Jalen play in front of his friends and family. The Barn is a pretty cool venue.
    I know that is still a possibility although I doubt it would be at the barn and not necessarily against Minnesota.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    I know that is still a possibility although I doubt it would be at the barn and not necessarily against Minnesota.
    A neutral site game?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    A neutral site game?
    That was the original thought behind the game. Games like these are often scheduled in fertile recruiting grounds (remember Holmgren lives there) and more importantly to give a big recruit a chance to play at home. So, the intent is to schedule those games back where the recruit is from. In this case that would be Minnesota and ideally against another school attempting to do the same thing for their player. So, in my mind, that perfect player is Matthew Hurt at Duke (from Minnesota) with the game played in the TWolves stadium. It takes a whole lot to make this type of game work for both teams so I wouldn’t hold my breath. I believe this type of game was being considered (I don’t know the opponent) but I have no idea if it is still a possibility.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    That was the original thought behind the game. Games like these are often scheduled in fertile recruiting grounds (remember Holmgren lives there) and more importantly to give a big recruit a chance to play at home. So, the intent is to schedule those games back where the recruit is from. In this case that would be Minnesota and ideally against another school attempting to do the same thing for their player. So, in my mind, that perfect player is Matthew Hurt at Duke (from Minnesota) with the game played in the TWolves stadium. It takes a whole lot to make this type of game work for both teams so I wouldn’t hold my breath. I believe this type of game was being considered (I don’t know the opponent) but I have no idea if it is still a possibility.
    Wow. Prying Duke away from Cameron or MSG (with the exception of a preseason tournament) would be a coup for the Zags.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Wow. Prying Duke away from Cameron or MSG (with the exception of a preseason tournament) would be a coup for the Zags.
    Duke playing anybody at an away game with a chance of losing is pretty rare. K don't like sleeping in foreign locations unless he is forced.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    That was the original thought behind the game. Games like these are often scheduled in fertile recruiting grounds (remember Holmgren lives there) and more importantly to give a big recruit a chance to play at home. So, the intent is to schedule those games back where the recruit is from. In this case that would be Minnesota and ideally against another school attempting to do the same thing for their player. So, in my mind, that perfect player is Matthew Hurt at Duke (from Minnesota) with the game played in the TWolves stadium. It takes a whole lot to make this type of game work for both teams so I wouldn’t hold my breath. I believe this type of game was being considered (I don’t know the opponent) but I have no idea if it is still a possibility.
    Great post.

    Or just go play Univ. of Minnesota with a home and home, play the first one there. It wouldn't be anything to be ashamed of, some years they're good. I also like their gym.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Some poseurs, er posters are more equal than others.

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    I know that is still a possibility although I doubt it would be at the barn and not necessarily against Minnesota.
    Thank you for the info as always! Chet would be another incredible get, let’s have a game at the Target Center 2 straight years, haha.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Who's going to be the other guard? Joel?
    Joel, Harris or the Grad Transfer that even HE doesn't know yet.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,944

    Default

    Dom Harris seems like first year starter quality. If he doesn’t start, I expect him to play a lot. (Assuming he’s doesn’t have problems learning the system; he is such a hard worker that I doubt that will happen).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •