Thread: Thank you seniors

Default Thank you seniors

I want to thank Admon, Ryan and Killian for an excepotionallyt fun riveting exciting season

I wish you the best and sorry for the way it ended
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

- ditto

Same.
    Love the zags for life

I've wondered if a possible answer for any athletes playing any sports affected by today's edict would be to render the season null and void for purposes of college eligibility. Increase scholarship limits for a one-year period to make room for planned incoming students. A number of kids will elect to leave, of course (including probably all three of Admon, Ryan and Killian), but I'm not sure a season of eligibility should be lost for all players when the season wasn't played to completion. With graduate transfer rules, kids that graduate early can transfer for more time if they wish.

I admit I haven't thought out the kinks of the scholarship numbers nor whether or not student-athletes who are finished with school would be required to take classes in their "Corona Year," but I feel like this end is so unsatisfying for not just basketball players but the spring athletes as well.

Thank you all for joining the Zag family and all the memories you have created for us.

Thank you all! What an amazing season.

Thanks Seniors. What a ride
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Going to miss this group, single handedly the most surprising in season performance we've ever had. You guys rock!

Holy crap.

It seems odd to be talking about this season in the past tense.

I was lucky enough to see them live at three different junctures of the season. Tucson, Malibu and Vegas. The growth was substantial at each stop. These guys were teammates. That doesn't always happen even in winning programs. They played for each other and were genuinely happy for each other's success. Seems like ages ago I mentioned how much fun it was to watch Ballo cheer for his teammates. That type of joy was prevalent all year.

This season will be hard to forget. Could have been so much more, but I will remember the exuberance displayed by these guys as a gift to Gonzaga fans for years to come.

Thanks Seniors

Huge thanks to Killian Tillie. He's a warrior and was the glue for the team this year. The two free throws he sank as a Frosh against South Carolina in Phoenix? Two of the biggest points in Zags history. Forever grateful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Arigato.

I also want to thank the seniors and all of our players for a fun ride. When the season was being planned, I was believing that a season with 5 or 6 losses would be a good season. Then when Tillie decided to come back I was thinking that we would be a little better. But next we lose Watson and I was not sure. With the addition of Admon and Ryan I thought they would help solidify our guards. Then after the first few weeks I started believing that we could score with any team but our defense was going to be weak. But as the season went so did our defense. Our seniors, Cory, and Joel did a great job in molding us into a top 2 team. Petrusev and Timme were stronger as the season went on and I loved watching them play. I was in Vegas and this was the only time I got to see them in person. It was FANTASTIC. Thank you all for making us the team you became. All of you worked together as a team and I believe this might be the best team that I have seen at GU. Thanks again and good luck in the future.

Thank you Ryan and Admon for trusting GU to take you deep in the dance for your final year of college basketball. I'm sorry it didn't happen, but you are Zags for life nonetheless.

Thank you Killian Tillie for battling through injuries and rehab, for gutting out so many great moments, and for elevating the program for the past 5 years. You've been absolutely incredible.

Thank you to all of the members of this Zags team. You finished the season with a championship, which is something special, even when it wasn't the one we wanted.

It was an awesome ride that came to an end well short of the finish line yet still ahead of the pack! Thank you.

Thank you seniors for everything you gave us. You guys deserve more. You have been soooo good. You have won our hearts and minds like no other Zag team did. I just want you seniors to know that I love you guys. You will all be remembered for ever. I just want to say a really big THANKS to you all for giving me so many great memories this year. AND i'm really sorry it's ended this way. God bless you all and your families.

Tillie: Thank you for coming back this year, and playing somewhat hurt all year. Thanks for playing in pain game after game. Thank you for your leadership on and off the court. You have been such a great team mate. Thank you for being so great as a player, and leading this team in so many ways. I love your 3 ball, but mostly I love how you pass. Youre such a great passer. Any NBA will be lucky to get you.

Woolridge: Thanks for coming to GU to help us become the #1 team in America. We will always remember your ever-attacking style, and the speed in which you made this engine run. Thank you for your confidence to be the Quarterback on this very excellent offense. We will miss you in so many ways,

Thank you Gilder for your humility and courage to never give up. Thank you for being the best sixth man in the country because you would have started on most every team in the USA. I love how that never bothered you and how you would come into the game and score, score and score. There are so few, if any, sixth man average 10+ points per game. And we will miss your toughness on D. I respect you so much, and will really miss you.

I'm sad because these great guys will not be able to fulfill the dreams that they had at the beginning of the season, and how hard they fought game after game to become one of the best teams in the USA, and just maybe be the first team to win a Final 4. I am just so sorry that you won't have a chance to do that. God bless you all always.

Go Zags!!!

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

This is heartbreaking!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    I want to thank Admon, Ryan and Killian for an excepotionallyt fun riveting exciting season

I wish you the best and sorry for the way it ended
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.