Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With no NCAA Tourney, what is the effect on Ayayi and Petro going pro?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    You are so right about Petro.
    I dont agree with you that Joel is a great leaper, in fact I think that is one of the biggest reasons why he wont get drafted this year. ( huge fan of his game though)
    Joel is a deceptive leaper. He's quick off the floor and combined with his length, his ability in that area is more than good enough. He averaged over six rebounds a game as a guard, second on the team.

As an aside, I was curious why Kispert lined up for rebounds on foul shots by the opposing team. Ayayi is much quicker to the ball and got several offensive rebounds when he was in that position.

Mark - I think Joel got rebounds because of position and a "nose for the ball" and not his leaping ability (just like Larry Bird couldn't jump over the cheney phone book but he could rebound). He isn't a very good leaper given the rest of the package. I wonder if it is a strength issue. It is hard to believe that it is technique.
    At this point though, I'm not sure how much he can work on his leaping ability without negatively impacting his quickness.

U Zig I Zag hit it on the nose. Contrast to Sabonis is instructive. Sabonis is not a whiner. Petro is so "mouthy" to the refs he'll never get a call. His attitude stinks. He thinks that POY really means he's good. I was in Las Vegas. Petro played virtually NO DEFENSE. And had a bad attitude the rest of the time. Good think Few has so much balance on the team otherwise Petro ends up on a losing team. Petro has all the ability in the world but doesn't use it to his best advantage. NBAers are not going to lay down for him.
    Timme will be three times the post man Petro is/was after Timme gets another year on his belt notches.
    Some on this board question Kispert's ability, speed, defense, etc. But I hope no one questions his resolve and drive to get better and be a leader.
    I love the Zags and congratulate all of them, even Petro, but he's not near as good as he thinks he is.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgessEraZag View Post
    U Zig I Zag hit it on the nose. Contrast to Sabonis is instructive. Sabonis is not a whiner. Petro is so "mouthy" to the refs he'll never get a call. His attitude stinks. He thinks that POY really means he's good. I was in Las Vegas. Petro played virtually NO DEFENSE. And had a bad attitude the rest of the time. Good think Few has so much balance on the team otherwise Petro ends up on a losing team. Petro has all the ability in the world but doesn't use it to his best advantage. NBAers are not going to lay down for him.
    Timme will be three times the post man Petro is/was after Timme gets another year on his belt notches.
    Some on this board question Kispert's ability, speed, defense, etc. But I hope no one questions his resolve and drive to get better and be a leader.
    I love the Zags and congratulate all of them, even Petro, but he's not near as good as he thinks he is.
    Agree all. And if Watty doesn’t get hurt and Ballo gets eligible we’d have seen a lot less of Petro the Pout all year.