View Poll Results: Will we have a 2020 tourney in the next 2 months?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 29.66%
  • No

83 70.34%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you expect any form of NCAA tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Have been a fan since 99. Will be the first season I've seen that ended in a win.
    I wonder how far back you have to go for one that ended with a win since most of the years before that ended with a conference tournament loss.
    Agent provocateur

Pick the top 4 or so teams and play this weekend. Okay start throwing the rotten fruit and veggies....

Big East has cancelled. No word yet on the St John's / Creighton game. . .seems pointless to play it out. . .

The more I listen the more I"m hearing that there are MANY players and coaches who DO NOT WANT TO PLAY. So please, don't feel sorry for the players because many of them do not want to play RIGHT NOW. They are GLAD that the tournaments are being canceled for now.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Big East has cancelled. No word yet on the St John's / Creighton game. . .seems pointless to play it out. . .
    Creighton / St John's game will not finish.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    AMEN
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

The MEAC tourney has cancelled. MAAC expected to announce same shortly

hopefully none of these guys have a teammate like Gobert

Woj tweet

Jazz star Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus, league sources tell ESPN. Jazz players privately say that Rudy Gobert had been careless in the locker room touching other players and their belongings. Now a Jazz teammate has tested positive.
    Bring back the OCC

Curious what the NCAA is waiting for. Seems inevitable for cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    I'm really confused because now I'm watching the second half of Georgetown St John's. Did Creighton quit and goergetown took their place. I must have missed something.
    Bring back the OCC

Top 4 just get natties
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I'm really confused because now I'm watching the second half of Georgetown St John's. Did Creighton quit and goergetown took their place. I must have missed something.
    Replay. . .

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Replay. . .
    It would be nice if they would put that somewhere on the screen.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Curious what the NCAA is waiting for. Seems inevitable for cancellation.
    They may have to officially post-pone and hold off on cancellation notice to qualify for their insurance coverage to kick in ?

The TV partners would probably prefer a suspension or post-ponement for now.

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    hopefully none of these guys have a teammate like Gobert

Woj tweet
    He also probably touched a basketball and shared that with his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZag View Post
    I believe most people in decision-making positions realize that it's not just the severity (or lack thereof) with healthy youth, it's that if infected, they become carriers, who will in turn spread the virus to at-risk populations, where mortality rates are much higher than the 3% or so over the total population of confirmed cases to-date.
    that scenario was the same with H1N1,( killed over 500,000 worldwide) , or regular flu....and it will not change in the future....those in frail poor health will always be subject to catching whatever disease is going around....have we cured the common cold or is there a vaccination for it?...no...

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    I love march madness.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by sonuvazag View Post
    I wonder how far back you have to go for one that ended with a win since most of the years before that ended with a conference tournament loss.
    Sports Reference indicates 1986, with a win at Portland. It appears there was no WCAC tournament, and the regular-season champs (Pepperdine) went to the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
    I see what you did there.
    Lmao.

Well its a wrap. Zags win national title. Change my mind.
    Love the zags for life

They said on ESPN Vitale thinks the Tournament will be cancelled and not postponed. He said april and may is pointless as players who are going to NBA are not going to play.
    Love the zags for life

Serious question here.

Is it worse then they are letting us know or do you believe that NCAA and other sports are just afraid of public backlash due to social media being so strong now.
    Love the zags for life

Serious question here.

Is it worse then they are letting us know or do you believe that NCAA and other sports are just afraid of public backlash due to social media being so strong now.
    It's a question of math. It's inevitable that a player or coach is going to test positive. That number, starting with ONE, is the calculation they are dealing with. They will decide it's not worth the risk from a PR standpoint as well as a health standpoint.

Serious question here.

I think it's exactly as bad as everyone is letting us know. They are cancelling all of this for a reason and the CDC warned us about this like 10 days ago. They told us to prepare for our lives to be disrupted. People didn't take social distancing serious and they didn't limit their travel or change anything up in their day to day life and now it's a problem. We are going to take drastic measures for the next month or so and hopefully it subsides and life will move back to a more level normal. They are attempting to curb the amount of cases so we don't put an insane strain on our health care system. All of these people that have continually spouted that it's nothing worse than the flu are the direct reason this is a problem.

It's a bummer that mass hysteria is setting in and may end up canceling the tournament. I'm still optimistic that cooler heads will prevail once people have more information. I think once there are more stories of most early cases recovering over the next few days it will influence the NCAA.

I was looking for analogue to compare COVID-19 to. Last year in the US there were around 37,000 deaths and about 4.4 million medical incidents requiring hospital stays from car accidents. You had about a 1% chance of dying in a car wreck in 2019 (1 in 103). This is lower than dying from an opioid overdose or suicide but higher than the risk of dying from falling down (1 in 114).

I hope everyone remembers that there is risk in everything and we aren't here to be safe, we are here to live while trying to be safe.

We're all on death row, it's just a matter of scheduling.

Duke has now suspended all athletics
    Love the zags for life