Thread: 2 teams to root for - resume builder

Default 2 teams to root for - resume builder

UNC has a net ranking of 78. They need a net ranking of 75 or better to qualify as a q2 win. A win against Clemson tonight would likely get them there.

Texas a&m has a net ranking of 114. They need to drop that to 100 for it to count as q2. 2 wins in their tournament might well do it for them.

And if you want to cheer against any teams, if Stanford and Rutgers both lose, SMC (at home) might turn into a q1 win (currently sitting at 32).

I like looking at these types of numbers but I think zags are solidified as a 1-seed in the West now regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    I like looking at these types of numbers but I think zags are solidified as a 1-seed in the West now regardless.
    Yes ... and most likely the 2nd #1 regardless of what Kansas does (FWIW every GU 1 seed to this point (with the possible exception of '17) has been the 4th 1 seed ... one spot away from being a 2 seed)

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Indeed, but

1. I enjoy having a rooting interest in non-Gonzaga games; and
    2. It would be nice to be able to say we beat UNC at home in a year they were a tournament team. I'm hoping they can make a semi final showing and get back on the bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Very happy to see that photo. The SOB could've seriously hurt Petrusev in Provo.

Hard to believe UW is still a q1 win!

I don’t think it matters anymore. Gonzaga probably played it’s last game yesterday.
    Last edited by ZagaZags; 03-11-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I don’t thinks it matters anymore. Gonzaga probably played it’s last game yesterday.
    Reality is setting in with me. A disappointing aspect of the season for me has been the fall of North Carolina. What should have been a signature victory in the history of the Kennel, has left me with the taste of stale Kombucha.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    UNC has a net ranking of 78. They need a net ranking of 75 or better to qualify as a q2 win. A win against Clemson tonight would likely get them there.

Texas a&m has a net ranking of 114. They need to drop that to 100 for it to count as q2. 2 wins in their tournament might well do it for them.

And if you want to cheer against any teams, if Stanford and Rutgers both lose, SMC (at home) might turn into a q1 win (currently sitting at 32).
    the texas a&m win is already a quad 2 win...it was on their home court and a road quad 2 is #76-#135...#100 is only necessary if it's on a neutral court.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    the texas a&m win is already a quad 2 win...it was on their home court and a road quad 2 is #76-#135...#100 is only necessary if it's on a neutral court.
    https://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/...r-15119966.php

Texas A&M’s Buzz Williams named SEC coach of the year