Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zags in Spokane Rnd 1 & 2......

Default Zags in Spokane Rnd 1 & 2......

I hope so I just bet $256 for 2-Session 2 seats for Round 1. Guess I will still get to see a couple games if we aren't in Spoka-Vegas.

Go Zags!

Zagnut 2012

At this point, I think there is a good chance they close facilities to spectators. We’ll see...

I have heard that our Jay Inslee said that the crowds in public events must not exceed 250 people. Whether that will change by next week, who knows. It's one day at a time when it comes to managing this virus and the havoc it's causing. I am also not sure if his statement about crowd management was referring to the whole state or just the Seattle area. To the best of my knowledge I have not heard of anyone in the Spokane area having the virus. However, because so many people will be coming from other areas (like Seattle) it could have an effect. It will be very interesting to see the effect that this virus has on the NCAA Tournament.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagnut2012 View Post
    I hope so I just bet $256 for 2-Session 2 seats for Round 1. Guess I will still get to see a couple games if we aren't in Spoka-Vegas.

Go Zags!

Zagnut 2012
    I was online last night and couldn't find a both session pass for less than $330 for Thursday and Saturday. Where did you get this fantastic deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I have heard that our Jay Inslee said that the crowds in public events must not exceed 250 people. Whether that will change by next week, who knows. It's one day at a time when it comes to managing this virus and the havoc it's causing. I am also not sure if his statement about crowd management was referring to the whole state or just the Seattle area. To the best of my knowledge I have not heard of anyone in the Spokane area having the virus. However, because so many people will be coming from other areas (like Seattle) it could have an effect. It will be very interesting to see the effect that this virus has on the NCAA Tournament.
    That only applies to the Seattle area.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    That only applies to the Seattle area.
    Thanks. Very good news.

For now would be my guess on the 250 limit in just Pierce, Snohomish and King County.

If the Spokane NCAA games are going to be affected, the decision makers - whoever they are - need to tell us as soon as possible and not wait until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I respect the need for caution and accuracy, but there are thousands of people who will be driving or flying into Spokane from all over the US and a last minute cancellation (or a last minute "closed gym - no spectators allowed" format change) will be a huge pain not to mention a huge waste of money spent on unnecessary air travel, hotels, etc. The Indian Wells tennis tournament was cancelled after all of the top tennis players in the world had already arrived in Palm Springs / Indian Wells and after ten thousand tennis fans had either arrived or were in route to Palm Springs for the tournament. Hoping we won't see a repeat of that sort of thing in Spokane, but I think it is accurate to say that nobody knows at this point what is going to happen. My home town (Wenatchee) had its first virus death over the past couple days. The deceased lived in Quincy, WA but died in the Wenatchee hospital. Condolences to the family.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I don't see Spokane as the type of city that would be effected by these "bans." Same with sites like St. Louis, Omaha, Sacramento, etc.

Now the regional in Los Angeles...…..

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I don't see Spokane as the type of city that would be effected by these "bans." Same with sites like St. Louis, Omaha, Sacramento, etc.

Hoping you are right. It would sure be disappointing if they changed the site. Spokane, and Gonzaga, deserve this. I think the Spokane Arena is a great place for basketball. I've watched a few Zag games there. To me it's the perfect size for fantastic basketball.

Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post

I have thought the same thing about the Los Angeles regional myself. Barring an outbreak of the virus in Spokane County, I think the first two rounds are a go.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Zag View Post
    If the Spokane NCAA games are going to be affected, the decision makers - whoever they are - need to tell us as soon as possible and not wait until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Go Bulldogs!
    I've heard a rumor from a pretty reliable source that Inslee is going to announce that WA State is transitioning from a "Level 2" response to a "Level 4" response. Apparently that means everything is getting shut down state-wide, and it's effective this Friday. All government, all schools, all public facilities will be closed and major restrictions will be placed on public events state-wide.

Personally I don't see the need state-wide but if you are keeping up with the response in Italy, you'll see how this would fit in with that kind of response criteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Stub Hub.....Right after the win last night. Good luck and again I pray that this won't effect Spokane's games. Otherwise I guess it's Jack and Dan's...

Zagnut 2012

Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
    I've heard a rumor from a pretty reliable source that Inslee is going to announce that WA State is transitioning from a "Level 2" response to a "Level 4" response. Apparently that means everything is getting shut down state-wide, and it's effective this Friday. All government, all schools, all public facilities will be closed and major restrictions will be placed on public events state-wide.

Personally I don't see the need state-wide but if you are keeping up with the response in Italy, you'll see how this would fit in with that kind of response criteria.
    Groups 250 or more kit authorized I Puget sound region
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

3 counties only king pierce snohomish

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    3 counties only king pierce snohomish
    I hope so!

I hope so!
    On the press conference announcement now

It is at this time only the power three counties

I expect the NCAA games in Spokane will be closed to the general public. Its widely acknowledged that the reason there are so few cases reported is because there has been so little testing due to lack of test kits. They didn't even get everyone from the infamous nursing home in Kirkland tested until a few days ago. Testing ramped up in Spokane around last Saturday and I suspect those results will be revealed by the weekend. Significant chance the results won't be good. One of Spokane's largest employers, Avista, is having its employers who are able to, work from home. Avista has seen the writing on the wall.

In other news:

"The University of Dayton in Ohio announced on Tuesday that it is suspending all classes and closing all on-campus housing amid coronavirus fears. Online courses will commence after spring break. Within hours of the announcement, hundreds of students had gathered on Lowes Street on the campus and police were called. Officers in riot gear attended the scene and shot pepper balls at students, according to student-run publication Flyer News."

The NCAA basketball tourney "First Four" games are scheduled to be conducted next week at The University of Dayton.

This morning the WHO says COVID-19 is now classified as a pandemic.

Dr. Anthony Fauci -- in Congressional testimony this morning-- says "COVID-19 is ten times more lethal than the seasonal flu" and "the worst is yet to come."

IMO: Seems pretty clear that large indoor gatherings are an opportunity to spread the virus (just as they are an opportunity to spread colds, flu, and other illnesses). I'm hoping the Big Dance goes on as scheduled but I think public health concerns may override all.

Prayers to all GUB members for the health and safety of you and your loved ones.

I highly doubt there's a single population center the size of Spokane or larger that currently doesn't have Covid-19 cases.

Everywhere in the continent that humans live (just about literally) will have cases within a few weeks. Stay safe folks! Wash your hands and limit social contact even if you are generally young and healthy. You may not feel like it hits you hard enough to be a serious health threat, but you'll be a walking disease dispenser nonetheless.
    Last edited by LTownZag; 03-11-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Dana O'Neil
    @DanaONeilWriter
    Wth CBI canceling remember: it is not run by the NCAA. NIT and tourney are. Different animal.

The Golden State Warriors just announced they will be playing home games without fans.

This doesn't look good for the Spokane regional.

Huge bummer if it happens but I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    The Golden State Warriors just announced they will be playing home games without fans.

This doesn't look good for the Spokane regional.

Huge bummer if it happens but I get it.
    D'oh! Spokane regional is cursed!

Same with you - I'm major bummed for zags and zag fans but do understand. Have to think mostly home fans would have been an added boost in chances to advance to S16. At least they still won't have to plane ride anywhere - still a good advantage IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CPkZagFan View Post
    Why is it that the politicians and news media are far more panicked about this than medical health professionals.
    pretty sure the medical professionals in China and now Italy are at least as panicked as the politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by CPkZagFan View Post
    Why is it that the politicians and news media are far more panicked about this than medical health professionals. Could it be that they know far more about this
    virus than they don't know, they know how to treat it and most of those who have died in this country are over 60 and had health issues already.
    Just because someone is under 60 or doesn’t die is a stupid and irresponsible reason (yes) to think there’s not enormous harm in them getting infected. They will spread the virus to those who will die. They will survive but overload the medical capacity in key time windows.

But as to your first point, which politicians or non fringe/conspiracy media folks are more concerned or acting with more “panic” than the median viewpoint from the medical community? If anything, the political and media response and view has been less concerned and dramatic than the medical experts have been asking them to be.