Who else enjoyed BYU losing and not getting to body check our zags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tummydoc
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2013

Grayson Allen was born to be a cougar

Comment

• ProVeeZag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
      Grayson Allen was born to be a cougar
      I doubt he still pulls that garbage in the NBA (if/when he gets on the court, that is). He'd get pounded into another dimension.
      "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
      —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
        Administrator
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by billyberu View Post
        I wanted BYU because they are a tough matchup for Gonzaga. Like everyone else, I could do without the dirty play that seems to be a feature of BYU, but they're going to push Gonzaga harder on the court.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        I agree. BYU offers better preparation for the physical defensive teams that we need to beat on the way to the Final Four. Florida State/Texas Tech/West Virginia are all teams that we might need to face.
        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Bogozags
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2008

I was really disappointed in BYU and their style of play...regarding their student section, they are a privileged group and do not have a clue on sportsmanship...times have changed it didn't use to be like this and now most fans/student sections can be down right nasty...

I personally don't think it's cute to berate players...those are things little leaguers use to do to opposing players...din't like it then and don't now...

I didn't want to face BYU again, because I think their style of play and skill set befuddles/stymies us. BYU has a good team and as I said earlier, I really thought poorly of their type of play...I understand their frustration on missing 15-25 shots in the key but the team's behavior was just over the top...

I think Pope's attitude has a lot to do with the teams court behavior...the officials were pretty lenient on him...would have sent him to the "showers" much earlier. That is one of many things I like about Coach Few and his staff, they are down to earth and maintain control...can't remember when he received a tech.

Oh, never saw that flop by Brooks...it might have been a spastic reaction that his mind couldn't control...Seljaas' flop was so confusing...it looked as though Fitt's Guardian Angle just knocked him on his butt, because there wasn't any contact...

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by phxfireflames View Post
            There might be some video of this, but apparently many of the BYU players ignored the handshake line and went straight to the locker room.
            Pope looked a lot like Randy Bennett did back when Bennett would past Few without shaking hands. Not surprised his players did the same.
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• SorenTodd45
              Banned
              • Jan 2019

I hate the Cougars with unmitigated passion and I'm very happy they lost last night. I also want them to lose their game next Thursday.

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                I hate the Cougars with unmitigated passion and I'm very happy they lost last night. I also want them to lose their game next Thursday.
                Copy that ST45..............The only reason I wanted BYU was so someone could give Golem a forearm shiver to the jaw!! Then help him up, of course...........

Go ZAGS

Comment

• Bogozags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                  Pope looked a lot like Randy Bennett did back when Bennett would past Few without shaking hands. Not surprised his players did the same.

Yes, I thought the same thing...but understand now that Randy and Coach Few are pretty solid friends. Like I said, players take on the personality of their coach...for better or worse...

Comment

• Zags_Fanatic
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by sonuvazag View Post
                    They are pretty strict if you get a girl pregnant.
                    Or if you are gay and want to live a normal life and follow the honor code. The last few weeks have been incredibly painful for a lot of people on and off campus and the "Honor Code" is a joke.

Edit: Here's what I'm talking about if anyone is curious: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...dents-n1152436

Comment

• ZagOD7540
                      Kennel Club
                      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                      I could not have said it better.

Comment

• rennis
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

BYU-level flopping needs to be punishable by ejection. It's unsportsmanlike and ridiculous.
                        Originally posted by Coach Few
                        We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
                          I wanted BYU. As Filip Petrusev said about rooting openly for BYU: "unfinished business".

For a school that is supposedly faith and values-based, they play dirty and exhibit unsportsmanlike behaviors all the time. Fans, players, coaches alike. Seljas flopping, Haws tripping, Pope gave Randy the blow-by without even looking at him, fans throwing stuff. "Honor Code" my foot.

ZZ
                          Values based... so long as you aren't LGBTQ

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                            • Feb 2007

This season took my dislike of BYU to a different level. I used to tolerate them and found their attitude of being so much better than the rest of the league, when they clearly were not, a bit amusing. I found their approach of bringing in football players like Kafusi, to play "rough", a bit ridiculous. But it really had seemed like Rose went away from that. Now it is their regular players getting into the act. I suspect that when Pope left BYU to coach Utah Valley, the thuggery left not long after. Pope being back just revived it.

All that being said... I think it would make a HUGE statement of the WCC is able to put 3 teams in the S16. I think all three teams are quite capable of doing so too. But, yeah, a first round loss by BYU wouldn't get any tears out of me.
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • May 2019

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
                              Values based... so long as you aren't LGBTQ
                              I can honestly say I'm a little disappointed not being able to play BYU. Noting better than really putting a beating on BYU and all their antics.
                              I respect their ability because I think they can do some damage and make a run in march but their fan base @$%&'s!
                              I'm all for a passionate fan base but come on! Anyway's I hope BYU wins a couple of games In the tournament, it's about time they do something for the WCC instead of just complaining that they should be doing better!

Comment

• gonstu
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
                                I wanted a rematch with BYU.

While I may not be in the majority here, I generally like BYU and think they are a great addition to the otherwise boring WCC slate.
                                Every great story needs a villain.

Comment

Working...
                                X