Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else enjoyed BYU losing and not getting to body check our zags?

Default Who else enjoyed BYU losing and not getting to body check our zags?

I am grateful. I don't care for Haws and Pope. Childs doesnt bug me but i am so glad i don't have to see floppers with legs sticking out to trip our zags. So I am glad we are playing SMC and not BYU Trippers.

Anyone else see Ford upset with BYU after game? Anyone ask him why?

Thanks to Texaszagfan.
    Love the zags for life

Anyone else see Ford upset with BYU after game? Anyone ask him why?
    There might be some video of this, but apparently many of the BYU players ignored the handshake line and went straight to the locker room.

I am very happy to be playing SMC, as the health of our guys is more at risk very BYU.

And yes many BYU players skipped the handshake line.

Grateful here also! You forgot to mention Seljaas. Talk about a flopper! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing BYU lose the way they did. I had given up hope on the Gaels until Ford found new life late in the game. He must have chugged a quart of 5-Hour Energy during a timeout. I don't know how much St Mary's will have left in the tank for tonight's tilt with the Zags. I do think we match up much better against them than versus BYU. BEAT THE GAELS!!!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    There might be some video of this, but apparently many of the BYU players ignored the handshake line and went straight to the locker room.
    BYU - poor sports, dirty players, and rude

I did see some Gaels waving goodbye.

By any chance, are they tempted to leave the WCC?
    Parlez-vous français?

I wanted BYU. As Filip Petrusev said about rooting openly for BYU: "unfinished business".

For a school that is supposedly faith and values-based, they play dirty and exhibit unsportsmanlike behaviors all the time. Fans, players, coaches alike. Seljas flopping, Haws tripping, Pope gave Randy the blow-by without even looking at him, fans throwing stuff. "Honor Code" my foot.

ZZ

BYU prepares us for the Big East.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    BYU prepares us for the Big East.
    And the MMA!
    —Kurt Vonnegut

I wanted BYU, and Petrusev did too. I agree I do feel more comfortable for Tillie's ankles though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

My friend, who was at the game, said the BYU fans were "Rude and obnoxious". His words not mine.

I wanted a rematch with BYU.

While I may not be in the majority here, I generally like BYU and think they are a great addition to the otherwise boring WCC slate.

You can rewatch on ESPN online. They cut away a few times, so it is hard to tell exactly what happened. Someone who is there in person would be the best to explain it.

Some of the SMC players were late to the line because they were celebrating, so that might have thrown thing off a bit. Many BYU players in tshirts were in line. Seljaas, to his credit was there, but he flopped half way through the line (ok I made that part up; he went through the line, though). I didn't see Childs, Toolson or Haws. Ford makes a motion with his thumb to his fingers, like you might do when someone's jaws are flapping at you, then he shrugs his shoulders as he walks away-- it is hard to tell if he is motioning toward a player, coach, or fan, however.

I wanted BYU because they are a tough matchup for Gonzaga. Like everyone else, I could do without the dirty play that seems to be a feature of BYU, but they're going to push Gonzaga harder on the court.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    "Honor Code" my foot.
    They are pretty strict if you get a girl pregnant.
    Agent provocateur

Grayson Allen was born to be a cougar

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Grayson Allen was born to be a cougar
    I doubt he still pulls that garbage in the NBA (if/when he gets on the court, that is). He'd get pounded into another dimension.
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    I wanted BYU because they are a tough matchup for Gonzaga. Like everyone else, I could do without the dirty play that seems to be a feature of BYU, but they're going to push Gonzaga harder on the court.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I agree. BYU offers better preparation for the physical defensive teams that we need to beat on the way to the Final Four. Florida State/Texas Tech/West Virginia are all teams that we might need to face.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

I was really disappointed in BYU and their style of play...regarding their student section, they are a privileged group and do not have a clue on sportsmanship...times have changed it didn't use to be like this and now most fans/student sections can be down right nasty...

I personally don't think it's cute to berate players...those are things little leaguers use to do to opposing players...din't like it then and don't now...

I didn't want to face BYU again, because I think their style of play and skill set befuddles/stymies us. BYU has a good team and as I said earlier, I really thought poorly of their type of play...I understand their frustration on missing 15-25 shots in the key but the team's behavior was just over the top...

I think Pope's attitude has a lot to do with the teams court behavior...the officials were pretty lenient on him...would have sent him to the "showers" much earlier. That is one of many things I like about Coach Few and his staff, they are down to earth and maintain control...can't remember when he received a tech.

Oh, never saw that flop by Brooks...it might have been a spastic reaction that his mind couldn't control...Seljaas' flop was so confusing...it looked as though Fitt's Guardian Angle just knocked him on his butt, because there wasn't any contact...

GO ZAGS!!!

Pope looked a lot like Randy Bennett did back when Bennett would past Few without shaking hands. Not surprised his players did the same.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I hate the Cougars with unmitigated passion and I'm very happy they lost last night. I also want them to lose their game next Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I hate the Cougars with unmitigated passion and I'm very happy they lost last night. I also want them to lose their game next Thursday.
    Copy that ST45..............The only reason I wanted BYU was so someone could give Golem a forearm shiver to the jaw!! Then help him up, of course...........

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Pope looked a lot like Randy Bennett did back when Bennett would past Few without shaking hands. Not surprised his players did the same.

Yes, I thought the same thing...but understand now that Randy and Coach Few are pretty solid friends. Like I said, players take on the personality of their coach...for better or worse...

Quote Originally Posted by sonuvazag View Post
    They are pretty strict if you get a girl pregnant.
    Or if you are gay and want to live a normal life and follow the honor code. The last few weeks have been incredibly painful for a lot of people on and off campus and the "Honor Code" is a joke.

Edit: Here's what I'm talking about if anyone is curious: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...dents-n1152436

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I could not have said it better.