Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GU vs SMC (WCC Champ edition)- Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Go Zags ! Beat the Gaels.
    GU - 83 SMC - 74

Gonzaga 75
    St Mary's 58

i enjoy the games most when our guards play well, and when Tillie and Kispert are hitting 3's. I hope to see these things tonight. I'm still hoping to see the Zags hold a team below 60.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Zags win this by double digits. Only thing I hope for really is everyone to stay healthy.

Zags - 85
    Gaels - 73

Probably going to be a lot of extra seats available with the BYU faithful leaving a bit earlier than expected.

GU 89
    SMC 73

I think SMC will try to play as physical as the refs will let them. Slow and steady. Zags didn't shoot terribly well last night... hope that clears up.

Zags 79
    SMC 69
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Sounds about right. We win but no run away. SMC will be down physically, mentally and every other way after that big late night win against BYU. On second thought after this brilliant thought, maybe they will by 10. LOL

I think our boys will be absolutely out of gas tonight... Gaels hold it close for 25 minutes and you guys pull away at the end 82-63.... and you know what? I will be at peace with it. Of all the years we have played you in the title game, there was maybe one other time where we've gone into it knowing we are safely in & I am really curious to see how they respond. Just let both teams get through healthy.

Regardless, hoping we can get a win in the NCAA's and would love to see Few & Co. finally be able to put a ring on their fingers. You all deserve it. Your school and your program does things the right way. I just love this week, being in Vegas, hanging out with Gael and Zag fans alike, and the comradery shared between our two schools. It is what college basketball is all about.

GU 78
    SMC 72

Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by gaels87 View Post
    I think our boys will be absolutely out of gas tonight... Gaels hold it close for 25 minutes and you guys pull away at the end 82-63.... and you know what? I will be at peace with it. Of all the years we have played you in the title game, there was maybe one other time where we've gone into it knowing we are safely in & I am really curious to see how they respond. Just let both teams get through healthy.

Regardless, hoping we can get a win in the NCAA's and would love to see Few & Co. finally be able to put a ring on their fingers. You all deserve it. Your school and your program does things the right way. I just love this week, being in Vegas, hanging out with Gael and Zag fans alike, and the comradery shared between our two schools. It is what college basketball is all about.
    I really appreciate SMC and their program (unlike BYU). I do hope all three WCC teams win a few games in the big dance to help prove the WCC was legit this year.

Gonzaga 76
    SMC 62

I want to see a Zags win and for Tillie to be healthy at the end of it.

Ford is a gamer and will join the ranks of legendary SMC foils like-Patty, Delly, Mickey, Omar, etc...but I imagine they are going to be pretty tired coming into this one after 2OT's on Saturday and the rock fight last night. The fact that they aren't a bubble team means they are less desperate-could mean they are loose and free or lack some fo the edge they need to pull off the upset?

ZZ

62-56 Zags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gaels87 View Post

depending on draw I fully expect you guys to get at least a win in tourny
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

GONZAGA BULLDOGS 87
    ST MARY'S GAELS 71

Honestly, I can't see how the Gaels will have enough left in the tank to stay with the Zags tonight. But Ford, Fitts and Co. will keep it interesting for most of the game.
    I'm assuming Tillie will be able to play effectively, and along with Petrusev and Timme, our bigs should dominate.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

82-72 Zags

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Still waiting, hoping, for GU to put together a complete game effort against a quality opponent; if & when they do it (think vs Xavier in the tourney) it'll be something to behold. Alas, it won't be this evening. At this point, Bennet & SMC know GU's game plan backwards, forwards, upside down and sideways. No surprises tonight. Winning the game, GU will simply, in the end, wear down an exhausted group of Gaels. Won't be easy or pretty, and that elusive complete game will still lurk somewhere out there beyond the horizon. Filip plunges from his season high 3 assists to 0, commits 6 TO's refusing to pass out of double teams. Kispert & Co launch 18 treys, make 4. Team 9 for 13 on FTs. Zags stumble into tourney: 72-71. (That's still a W, even though you'd never guess from the preamble).

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    I want to see a Zags win and for Tillie to be healthy at the end of it.

Ford is a gamer and will join the ranks of legendary SMC foils like-Patty, Delly, Mickey, Omar, etc...but I imagine they are going to be pretty tired coming into this one after 2OT's on Saturday and the rock fight last night. The fact that they aren't a bubble team means they are less desperate-could mean they are loose and free or lack some fo the edge they need to pull off the upset?

ZZ
    I agree they are not desperate and are in comfortably. From ST Mary's point of view I can guarantee they are not satisfied and if they beat BYU & Zags back to back nights #14 & #2 in the country that would go a long way in tournament committee's eye's. They probably feel they would bump up to a #9 or even an #8 seed. That sounds much better than a 10!
    I fully expect the Gales to give 110% but I think Zags win comfortably by 12-15.

86-78 Zags.

GU 74
    SMC 71

Hard to guess on this one, but I think it'll be another close one.

Zags - 83
    Gaels - 77
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

71-59 GU

GU 78
    SMC 69

Close until the end, again
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.