Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: BYU vs St. Marys Semi-final Game Thread

As much as you guys love to harp on the RB blow by... the majority of the BYU players bolted without even shaking hands. Watch Ford’s face as he gets to the end of the line of coaches and sees them all heading to the locker room and gives them a WTF wave.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ777 View Post
    Brass Balls Ford
    Anyone else really like ford and root for him unless it’s VS Gonzaga? He’s not a cheap player or whiner.

If BYU played honest basketball they’re very good but the antics are unbearable. Happy for the Gaels. We won’t have to suffer through the drama Queen antics. Go Zags!!
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow06 View Post
    As much as you guys love to harp on the RB blow by... the majority of the BYU players bolted without even shaking hands. Watch Ford’s face as he gets to the end of the line of coaches and sees them all heading to the locker room and gives them a WTF wave.
    Hey congrats to you buddy. We will be rivals tomorrow but even I was rooting for you tonight. Good luck tomorrow
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Anyone else really like ford and root for him unless it’s VS Gonzaga? He’s not a cheap player or whiner.
    Agreed. He plays the right way and lets his game do all of the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Agreed. He plays the right way and lets his game do all of the talking.
    Him delly patty and Diamon Simpson are guys I enjoyed watching ... hermansen too
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I was wondering what happened... I thought some fans were chirping at him or something.

Over the past few years I have started to love the RB blow by. It's just part of who he is and I don't take offense any more. I still like to poke fun, though, from time to time.

Most importantly, congrats on a great win tonight! The Gaels don't seem as deep offensively as in years past but have a lot of toughness and heart.

Pope in the running for “Flop and trash” Coach of the Year award. Pathetic
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Hey congrats to you buddy. We will be rivals tomorrow but even I was rooting for you tonight. Good luck tomorrow
    I enjoy any time we can keep BYU from thinking they should get a championship in this conference. I expect you guys will handle your business tomorrow, but I thought the same last year so...

Good luck you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I was wondering what happened... I thought some fans were chirping at him or something.

Over the past few years I have started to love the RB blow by. It's just part of who he is and I don't take offense any more. I still like to poke fun, though, from time to time.

Most importantly, congrats on a great win tonight! The Gaels don't seem as deep offensively as in years past but have a lot of toughness and heart.
    We’re seriously running on fumes and sheer will on offense this year, but we’ll take a win over BYU or you guys any day. I have also come to see the humor in the RB blow by which is why it was shocking to me that he embraced and chatted with Few this year after the 30 point loss. He’s quirky but we love him.

A whole lotta Zags fans in the house pulling for SMC this evening and a whole lotta BYU tickets for tomorrow's championship game being sold at discounted prices as I exited the building, hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    Their message board doesn't really allow for well developed thought processes. It's all "one sentence or less" reactions that really don't build a fan base or allow them to vent properly. Crazy how they put up with it.
    Maybe one sentence is all they're capable of. As I was leaving tonight one of their students yelled to tha zag crowd: "good luck losing in the second round". Ouch, what a Zinger....and so original.

Deep in my heart, wherever Kent Lockhart may be, he's got a big grin on his face.

For those who haven't seen my posts over the years:

The fun starts 30 seconds into the video. My wife and another couple had our own informal Kent Lockhart fan club, complete with t-shirts.

This sums it up.

Thanks very much for providing a new desktop photo for my computer.
    Every time I look at that picture I smile a little bit more.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

This sums it up.
    OMG, I love that.

This sums it up.
    Is that face guarding?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I too, stayed up and watched the game.

I am SOO glad Zags play SMC. I really dislike BYU.

I dislike the rule that they can't call a flop on a review. I just dislike Haws and am glad to not be playing BYU because I didn't want any Zag player to be suspended for taking him out.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

This sums it up.
    It might be a character flaw of mine, but man ... I am LOVING reading the BYU Board (this morning and last night). I'm not chiming in ... just lurking.

Is it wrong of me for enjoying this so much?

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

This sums it up.
    Classic Hawes flop move walking into the hand of a player waving to the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    It might be a character flaw of mine, but man ... I am LOVING reading the BYU Board (this morning and last night). I'm not chiming in ... just lurking.

Great thread. Couldn’t watch the game so this top notch guys.
    Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post

Not at all. My animus towards BYU goes back to the early 80s.

I'm surprised they haven't blasted their coach more than they have. He was finally hit with a T in the second half last night. He was deserving of at least one in our game in Provo a few weeks ago, though it might have caused a riot in the Marriott Center.

That T meant more to the final score than point or two SMC scored on the FTs. It gave a team an extra breather, saved Bennett a time out that really came in handy with 7 seconds to go. That timeout was their last one available.

Pretty much guarantees 3 teams in the dance regardless of the outcome in the championship game.

This sums it up.
    What was Logan pointing at to allow haws to faceplant in his palm...because I am sure that Haws initiated this contact.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Don View Post
    Great thread. Couldn’t watch the game so this top notch guys.
    Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck tonight, Don. I expect Randy will use the same strategy he employed in last year's title game: slow the pace, up the physicality. Considering how y'all took Rui out of the game last year, I can only imagine what it will do to Petrusev. Good thing Tillie and Timme will be available.