Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zags vs dons wcc semi final post game thoughts

Default Zags vs dons wcc semi final post game thoughts

Zags win 81 to 77.

Another thriller or heart attack vs the Dons. I am not overly impressed with this Zag team and i sound crazy as they have 30 wins.

Boy oh boy Ayayi saved us late. Then Tillie with the clutch free throws at the end of the game. Kispert cant have another 4 point game except maybe 1st rd game.

Team needs to pick it up.
    Love the zags for life

Golden and his assistant making Bennett look classy.

Good coach, seems like he is a D-Bag.

Classy
    Last edited by Zags11; 03-09-2020 at 09:45 PM.
    Love the zags for life

SanFrancisco is an NCAA tourney quality team. This was like winning the game against the 8/9 winner to get the Sweet 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    1 star thread. A bunch of 60 plus year olds on this board who act like we are Pre-K still. Or just someone who doesnt like me. Either way it wasnt a good game and team is trending down.
    Projecting much?

Kyle’s players more than Toddy’s coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post

seems like he is a D-Bag.
    He's not. Like Bennett ( whom he played for) some guys just can't flip the switch fast enough.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Petro led with 3 assists? Yikes.

Just my .02, but we looked more like ourselves the last 5 minutes vs. the first 35. USF had a couple of ridiculous shots that went in, contributed 5 points to their cause. That's basketball, that's March.

Not easy beating a team that had nothing to lose, USF is a good team. With that said, Zags will have to turn it up a notch for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    Not easy beating a team that had nothing to lose, USF is a good team. With that said, Zags will have to turn it up a notch for tomorrow.
    And USF lost to Portland by 11...wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    And USF lost to Portland by 11...wtf?
    They play us well. Bad matchup for zags. We survived.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    That's exactly right.

They are a good team when clicking. They had all the confidence they could play with us. They had nothing to lose. They played with fire, and played well.

Meanwhile, we couldn't buy an outside shot, didn't shoot very many.

If Kispert isn't able to score with his shot, we become pretty one dimensional. It took 3 isolation baskets by Ayayi to get us past them.

I knew it would be close. That's awfully close.

But we have to bear down and play better tomorrow night, much better tomorrow night.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Projecting much?
    Nope being honest
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Nope being honest
    You're FOS, bud.

Ayayi was the closer tonight. He really stepped up and made plays when nobody else did. Admon looked a bit lost out there. Woolridge played very well in the first half. Petrusev missed a dunk, and a lot more, but made just enough. Did Kispert play tonight? (Sarcasm). I love Kispert and we need more next game. In fact, the same could be said of just about everyone tonight. Timme made some tough and-1 plays off of offensive rebounds; he seems to really have a knack for finding the ball on the glass.

Tillie was his usual solid self. He had a great play when he pulled up for a floater when a Don snuck under to draw a charge. I didn't think he'd see him and he just drop it in there. His best play of the night because of the timing was probably the pump fake three into a three on the baseline-- that was a huge play in the moment.

Ironically, the Zags closed it out at the free throw line. They are serviceable now from there and, although I wish they were still better, it isn't such a huge area of concern for me any more.

I was keeping track and I think the Dons tripped our guys 4 times, and only one was called. I suppose you could chalk it up to incidental contact but I was annoyed, needless to say.

You're FOS, bud.
    Stay classy. I will.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Ayayi was the closer tonight. He really stepped up and made plays when nobody else did. Admon looked a bit lost out there. Woolridge played very well in the first half. Petrusev missed a dunk, and a lot more, but made just enough. Did Kispert play tonight? (Sarcasm). I love Kispert and we need more next game. In fact, the same could be said of just about everyone tonight. Timme made some tough and-1 plays off of offensive rebounds; he seems to really have a knack for finding the ball on the glass.

Tillie was his usual solid self. He had a great play when he pulled up for a floater when a Don snuck under to draw a charge. I didn't think he'd see him and he just drop it in there. His best play of the night because of the timing was probably the pump fake three into a three on the baseline-- that was a huge play in the moment.

Ironically, the Zags closed it out at the free throw line. They are serviceable now from there and, although I wish they were still better, it isn't such a huge area of concern for me any more.

I was keeping track and I think the Dons tripped our guys 4 times, and only one was called. I suppose you could chalk it up to incidental contact but I was annoyed, needless to say.
    I'm with you on that. A bunch of fouls aren't intended and a trip is no different. But regardless a trip is a foul and needs to be called.

USF was a bad matchup for Gonzaga this year and they still went 3-0 against them. It wasn't their best game, but they didn't play bad by any means. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. I expect they'll play much better. Gonzaga has had a ton of nail biters in the tournament over the years. This time of year getting the W is what's important, not how you get it.

3-12 3pt shooting makes winning a tournament game difficult, but obviously not impossible. A couple more go in, mo changes and it can easily be a different game.

Just win baby! And they did.

Apparently Tillie tweaked his ankle again last night.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...to-lift-gonza/

"The Gonzaga contingent in Las Vegas may have gasped had it seen Tillie grimace and briefly clutch his ankle, but most eyes were focused on teammate Ryan Woolridge, who knifed through the lane to convert a layup that restored a two-point lead for the Bulldogs with 13:26 to play.

Tillie watched his next shot miss then subbed out less than a minute later. GU’s athletic training team taped ice over the inside of Tillie’s left/foot ankle and the senior watched the Bulldogs tinker with the lead for the next three minutes before returning to the scorers table – and eventually the court – with 9:13 left.

"Few continued: “We kept asking him if he was fine and he was fine. We all can see that he hasn’t been 100% all year, but he’s just shown what a game competitor he is and how good a player he is. To get 19 and 10 on a bad ankle and some other things bothering him."

Hope he can play through it tonight and use the layoff between WCC and NCAA to heal up (again)

ZZ

crud. Unsurprising but still, crud.

Wow tillie hurt again. I feel for him.
    Love the zags for life

What, if anything, did Kispert hurt?

Thank you Joel Ayayi!

"Some other things bothering him" So sad for Tillie. Without him we're more like a 10 seed than a 1 seed. I'm hoping he can get his bounce back before the Tourney, or we'll be lucky to keep the sweet 16 streak alive.