Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zags vs dons wcc semi final post game thoughts

Again, no three point threat from the Zags.

That changes everything. The lanes collapsed on defense. That threat has to materialize if the Zags want to start grooving again.

3 more things:

1. Golden is a good coach and I like him. Hope he sticks around USF for awhile though I suspect he is destined for bigger things. Respect
    2. GU did not impose ourselves defensively at all. USF was never uncomfortable. Also those moving screen calls that went against Lull really helped us out-that won't happen in the dance.
    3. I love how each of our leading players had a stretch where he took over: Woolridge early, Filip in the middle, Tillie for awhile and then Joel at the end. Kispert apparently took the night off. That balance is what makes the whole of this team greater than the sum of its individual parts.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    3 more things:

1. Golden is a good coach and I like him. Hope he sticks around USF for awhile though I suspect he is destined for bigger things. Respect
    2. GU did not impose ourselves defensively at all. USF was never uncomfortable. Also those moving screen calls that went against Lull really helped us out-that won't happen in the dance.
    3. I love how each of our leading players had a stretch where he took over: Woolridge early, Filip in the middle, Tillie for awhile and then Joel at the end. Kispert apparently took the night off. That balance is what makes the whole of this team greater than the sum of its individual parts.

ZZ
    Zags need to move and pass with purpose, don’t force the issue...trust your teammates. #ZagUp
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    3 more things:

ZZ
    Golden obviously is a good coach. He does things and makes alot of moves based on analytics ( other coaches don't?)and because he is young the media treats him like he is a genius? If Sendek makes the same move it would be referred to as a veteran move.
    I'm not saying Todd Golden isn't a good coach but everyone in the media needs to slow down a little. It's not like he came into a new program with new players. He runs the same stuff as Kyle on offence with a bunch of players that had 2 & 3 years in that system.
    I truly hope he stays in the WCC and he definitely dosnt seem intimidated. I hope USF gets into the NIT, we all know how ridiculous that process can be! Before the media starts calling him the next messiah let's see how he does recruting and developing his own players. Nice season Dons!