Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 91

Thread: Few On Next Years Team According to Dickie V

  1. #1

    Default Few On Next Years Team According to Dickie V

    I found this as pretty significant during the game Dickie V quotes Mark Few as saying next years team is going to be "Really really good".. and his partner followed up with "maybe preseason #1"... maybe i am reading too much in to it, but dont think Few would be saying that if he didnt have knowledge that some guys would be back and that Suggs was actually coming.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,403

    Default

    Might just be me, top 5 might be possible. But preseason #1 I doubt. Media biased for the dookies and Carolinas and Kansas Of the world
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,606

    Default

    Suggs, Harris, Strawther, and Ballo...that is an amazing crop of freshmen.

    They will augment Kispert, Watson, Timme, and Ayayi. That should be a top-ten team. If Petrusev returns, a No. 1 ranking might not be out of the question.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,309

    Default

    But but but Coach Cal has a bunch of new freshman to do nothing with
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,876

    Default

    Does not sound like something Mark would say

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,346

    Default

    A healthy Watson changes the entire game

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    But but but Coach Cal has a bunch of new freshman to do nothing with
    I need a few months' respite from Koach and Duke fans.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Does not sound like something Mark would say
    Do you think Dickie V just made it up out of thin air?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Suggs, Harris, Strawther, and Ballo...that is an amazing crop of freshmen.

    They will augment Kispert, Watson, Timme, and Ayayi. That should be a top-ten team. If Petrusev returns, a No. 1 ranking might not be out of the question.
    Definitely a incredible group of freshmen and add Anton Watson and we have our own Fab five. Did he get his medical redshirt?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Do you think Dickie V just made it up out of thin air?
    Not knowingly. Haha

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    A healthy Watson changes the entire game
    +100

    Imagine how we'd look with him suited up this year.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    I mean, if no one goes pro, I think a number 1 overall ranking would be a pretty reasonable thing, considering how good this team is, and the class we've got coming in, plus Watson coming back.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Come on, everyone, we all know that, next year, KU will be the greatest team of all time. After all, they invented basketball out of thin air. They have the tradition, the championships, the greatest coach of all time (Bill “Motorcycle on the Red Carpet” Self), and the most intimidating place to play, the Phog Allen “Wave the Paper Bags” Fieldhouse.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,093

    Default

    This Zag team was ranked #8 in the preseason, and they were being held together by strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff. #1 preseason 2020 isn't totally out of the question.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    +100

    Imagine how we'd look with him suited up this year.
    I was thinking that when I saw him in his shoulder immobilizer high-fiving his teammates after the game. He would likely take the defense to the next level that they need.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I was thinking that when I saw him in his shoulder immobilizer high-fiving his teammates after the game. He would likely take the defense to the next level that they need.
    You mean we’d have some transitional defense?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    You mean we’d have some transitional defense?
    All too often for the Zags, the transition is from scoring on the offensive end to taking it out of the bottom of their net on the other end...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    57,214

    Default

    We have lots of post players and lots of wings, but we really need a point guard next year. With Suggs, the team goes to the next level.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post
    We have lots of post players and lots of wings, but we really need a point guard next year. With Suggs, the team goes to the next level.
    We will be young as heck. Very, very talented, but young. If Ayayi stays that helps, and if Petro gets better that helps a lot, but all our top talent is young and inexperienced on the high major D1 level. Our best point guards have all matured playing a lot of D1 ball. Experience with iq is what it takes

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Down Under, you know Opera house etc.
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    I am of the opinion that young mr. Ballo would also be showing a lot of potential in practice.........

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    212

    Default

    grad transfer next yr to add some experience at PG? a la this year.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenZag View Post
    grad transfer next yr to add some experience at PG? a la this year.
    Any grad transfer we add will back up Suggs, so I am not sure we will pull in Gilder/Woolridge type grad transfer next year at the PG. That said we will actively be looking for transfers, as we always do.

    And the staff has already started having conversations with players about their future, so Mark does know or at least has a very good idea, as things do change.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Any grad transfer we add will back up Suggs, so I am not sure we will pull in Gilder/Woolridge type grad transfer next year at the PG. That said we will actively be looking for transfers, as we always do.

    And the staff has already started having conversations with players about their future, so Mark does know or at least has a very good idea, as things do change.
    Or you could start him at the two. No? MF loves two bh guards at the same time.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    Or you could start him at the two. No? MF loves two bh guards at the same time.
    True, but with Ayayi and Harris that's a pretty loaded position as well.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    Or you could start him at the two. No? MF loves two bh guards at the same time.
    Ayayi would be an excellent starting SG, and Dominick Harris as a big minute combo guard is about as good as it gets off the bench.

    If anything, I could see a sharp shooter like Jordan Mathews wanting to join a winner and provide points off the bench in spot minutes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •