Thread: BYU w/clear path to S16

Default BYU w/clear path to S16

The latest "Joe" offers BYU a clear path to S16.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Don't underestimate Wisconsin.

I see a clear path to the S16 for Stephen F’in Austin. New bracket looks really tough for the Zags. I had WVU as a Final 4 team a few weeks ago now we could possibly see them in the second round??
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    I see a clear path to the S16 for Stephen F’in Austin. New bracket looks really tough for the Zags. I had WVU as a Final 4 team a few weeks ago now we could possibly see them in the second round??
    Hopefully WVU will not figure out where they left their offense.

east tennesee will be tough game for BYU

us getting WVU does not bother me at all they are not the old fulll court pressing team they once were nand their offensive aligns with our defensive nstrengths
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Creighton is another S16 favorite in this article and they are lurking as the #4 in the West in latest bracketology.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The latest "Joe" offers BYU a clear path to S16.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
    Love 12 vs 5 upset here. ETS beat LSU and hung with Kansas. They are capable.

I watched both Wisconsin and Creighton play this year multiple times. They are very beatable.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    I watched both Wisconsin and Creighton play this year multiple times. They are very beatable.
    Wisconsin won the big ten conference winning 9 of their last 10. They started out poorly but really improved as the season went on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Wisconsin won the big ten conference winning 9 of their last 10. They started out poorly but really improved as the season went on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    And Creighton just won their tourney.

Crow anyone?

I am just curious, has anyone ever looked back at projections that Lunardi has made over the years to see how accurate he has been with respect to his first round matchups?

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    I am just curious, has anyone ever looked back at projections that Lunardi has made over the years to see how accurate he has been with respect to his first round matchups?
    He’s usually really good about picking the field, but the seedings/matchups are off.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    And Creighton just won their tourney.

Crow anyone?
    Where is siliconzag? Hope he is safe in Italia.

I'm gonna say this right now. Beware if BYU gets in the same region as Kansas. While I know KU beat BYU in Maui by 15, the Cougs didn't have Childs. Childs has transformed that team. His low post presence energizes the 3 pt. shooters even more.

Kansas relies on the three pt. shot less than just about any team in the nation. Their team percentage is good, but it's just not a big component of their offense.

BYU is the best three point shooting team in the nation. Despite GU playing some terrific D on occasions at the Marriott Center, BYU shooters were pulling up from 25 feet and nailing them.

Childs has the the ability to get Azubuike in foul trouble.

If I am KU, I wouldn't want to see the Cougars in my bracket. They are a team that is designed, with Childs, to take down the Jayhawks, who are not the dominant team that some analysts think. Check out the point differential in many of their games. Like at Kansas State, a terrible team that they only beat by 4.