Thread: March Madness

Default March Madness

Conference tourneys usually provide some surprises. ACC Tourney has been strange, Notre Dame ended their poor season w/ a loss to a truly awful Pitt team.

Cal just beat Arizona St. moments ago in the first game of the Pac 12 Tourney. Bears suddenly on a roll, beating both of the Arizona schools back to back games. Playing Arizona again next, this will be 4 straight for them against UA/ASU.

I should add, I'm pretty sure Boise St. was the first team to punch their ticket to The Dance last night. Beat Fresno St. in the Mountain West tourney championship. Didn't win the regular season, but they get the auto bid almost every year. Lupfer and Hodgins didn't really have the kind of Sr. season that was expected, but they are Dancing and that's all that really matters.

Speaking of Fresno St....I know everybody here loves the Truongs, but do you know about the pair of Fr. twins for FSU? Both averaging over 15 ppg, that's a dynamic duo.

Arkansas just edged Texas A&M in the SEC tourney. I can't see A&M being a top 4 seed at this point. 3 losses in a row. They haven't exactly been lighting it up since Carter returned from injury, so they don't have that working in their favor.

Northwestern is about to lose to Michigan in the B10 tourney. I think NW was projected as a 2 seed, they definitely won't fall below the 4 seed line, but that could cost them. They even had a really outside shot at the 4th #1 if they had won their tourney, but moot now.

UCLA in a battle w/ USC.

Iowa is getting destroyed by Ohio St.

Duke should be okay for getting in the Tourney but they lost to Boston College. Eagles maybe looking to earn a bid.

Tennessee got hammered by Kentucky. I predict Tennessee will be the least deserving team to get a bid. There is just nothing in their resume. If they weren't Tennessee they would probably be left out.

UCLA pulled away a bit down the stretch.

Oregon St. came out looking totally unprepared for a game tonight, Stanford raced out to a double figure lead. Beavs pretty lucky to be down only 13 at half. They were trying to pretend they'd gotten some mojo back during a 4 game winning streak, but all 4 wins were against bottom 4 teams in the conference. They just don't seem to have it this year.

OSU was down as much as 20, has scrambled back to within 8 but running out of time. I don't think anybody has more close losses to good teams this year than OSU does, whatever that is worth.

Not sure what this does to OSU as far as holding onto a 4 seed or not. Stanford, UCLA and Arizona certainly haven't hurt themselves so far.

Florida St. took out Louisville in the ACC tourney. Neither Louisville or Notre Dame will be in their Championship game. That's gonna be weird.

Iowa St. just beat Baylor! That whole "we're undefeated when Lauren Cox is playing" thing is out the window now.

Oregon absolutely wiped the floor w/ Stanford. The Cardinal has never been beaten by anyone 3 times in one year before. South Carolina and Baylor are good, but I think the Championship is Oregon's to lose this year.

there is a video of SI shooting a basket while sitting on the bench.....99.9% of men could not do that........